Killie ratings

Geoff Kilpatrick

mscjambo

Thought Grant was poor to be honest. Had some nice touches but decision making at times was poor..

Thought he fell out the game badly.

Kent and Vargas best two for me today.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

7 for Grant and Shankland 😂

Grant is an absolute nothing player. Brings **** all to the team. Floats around on the edges of games and threatens to do something very rarely does. Good riddance in the summer. 

Shanks was well off it today. 

Said to mate when he came on at Dingwall 2 down, you know Dhanda and Spittal are coming, maybe Philips and Fraser wants a deal, 2nd bottom club, here is your chance to shine. Said same today, chance to shine...

Brings nothing you couldnt find tommorrow, cheaper,  if you had to.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

hmfc_liam06
6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Nothing about his assist for the goal?? I'll never understand some of our fans

Both things can be true you know, he can provide a great assist while his general performance be shite.

Fair play if you thought he was good today. Maybe some of us have higher expectations.

I'll never understand our fans who are blinded by some players.

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Clark - 8 - Magnificent save kept us ahead at HT. Helpless at their goal.

Kent -8 - MoM. Absolute rock at the back

Kingsley - 7 - Combined well with Kent. Better first half

Lembikisa - 4 - Pisspoor defending at their goal capped off a meh performance

Cochrane - 5 - OK at the back, terrible at set pieces

Baningime- 6 - Worked hard throughout

Grant - 7 - LinkedI up well as the 10. Needed better passes to play him in

Tait - 6 - Started really brightly but almost sold a goal. Faded in the second half

Shankland - 7 - Not his day but still got an assist and worked his arse off

Forrest - 5 - Lots of effort but little product

Vargas - 7 - Scores and looked a threat when given the chance to run at them

Subs:

Rowles - 5 - OK

McKay - 5 - Showed he hasn't lost his football vision

Devlin - 4 - Won a few tackles

Atkinson - 2

Oda - 2 - Both with little time

Bob on

mscjambo
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Said to mate when he came on at Dingwall 2 down, you know Dhanda and Spittal are coming, maybe Philips and Fraser wants a deal, bottom club, here is your chance to shine. Said same today, chance to shine...

Agree.

I've wanted him to succeed but brings absolutely nothing. Some nice flashes but doesn't impact the game nearly enough. Was lucky to last 70 minutes 

LogicalEric
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Both things can be true you know, he can provide a great assist while his general performance be shite.

Fair play if you thought he was good today. Maybe some of us have higher expectations.

I'll never understand our fans who are blinded by some players.

100% mate. Great cross for Vargas for his goal but bar that I thought he was fairly quiet. Killie dealt with huk well.

Scott Leitch
6 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Said to mate when he came on at Dingwall 2 down, you know Dhanda and Spittal are coming, maybe Philips and Fraser wants a deal, 2nd bottom club, here is your chance to shine. Said same today, chance to shine...

He's like a man down. 

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

Nothing really came off for him scoring wise but his work rate was great and he set up our goal with a perfect cross. Not got a clue how anyone can say he was abysmal

Because at 28 goals some expect him to rattle the top corner every single week to spare our blushes. If he doesnt then he is poor...

5 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

100% mate. Great cross for Vargas for his goal but bar that I thought he was fairly quiet. Killie dealt with huk well.

I agree with your post. I disagreed with the poster you quoted who said he was abysmal.

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Kent -8 - MoM. Absolute rock at the back   7, good game for me

Lembikisa - 4 - Pisspoor defending at their goal capped off a meh performance  Harsh. 5

Cochrane - 5 - OK at the back, terrible at set pieces  6 for me.

Tait - 6 - Started really brightly but almost sold a goal. Faded in the second half , Constantly made himself available. faded a bit but maybe even a 7

Shankland - 7 - Not his day but still got an assist and worked his arse off   watched thehightlights and was going to give him 6, but no, 7 is fair. looked tired.

Subs:

Rowles - 5 - OK

Atkinson -  2  4 for me, was more of a threat in 15 minutes than Lembikisa was in 75.

I thought it was a decent game, Third v fourth should be but Killie had to win and didn't.

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Kent -8 - MoM. Absolute rock at the back

Lembikisa - 4 - Pisspoor defending at their goal capped off a meh performance

Cochrane - 5 - OK at the back, terrible at set pieces

Tait - 6 - Started really brightly but almost sold a goal. Faded in the second half

Shankland - 7 - Not his day but still got an assist and worked his arse off

Subs:

Rowles - 5 - OK

Atkinson - 2

95% with Kent MotM by a country mile.  I'd give him a 9.

To give Grant more than Beni is verging on the obscene. 

Lone Striker
2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

This. Beni was superb.

Didn't see much from Grant BTW.

Agree. One of Beni's best performances.   Grant simply isn't good enough for our ambitions.  Hopefully Dhanda & Spittal (plus Hoff) mean our midfield is much improved next season in terms of creativity.

Bull's-eye

Kent was out best player but didn't think many had a bad game tbh.

Dexter was isolated down the flank which is common with our rather predictable style of play.

Shanks was our worse player by a mile, not for the 1st time this season. Zero issue with that with his goal return.

Usual issue for me is the nonsensical build up, we score from a long ball and look decent on the counter yet spend the majority of the game waiting for a slide rule pass that will put in the invisible striker that we have.

We are were we are, 3rd best team in the league without really trying very hard imo.

Doc Rob
43 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Kent was out best player but didn't think many had a bad game tbh.

Dexter was isolated down the flank which is common with our rather predictable style of play.

Shanks was our worse player by a mile, not for the 1st time this season. Zero issue with that with his goal return.

Usual issue for me is the nonsensical build up, we score from a long ball and look decent on the counter yet spend the majority of the game waiting for a slide rule pass that will put in the invisible striker that we have.

We are were we are, 3rd best team in the league without really trying very hard imo.

There is absolutely no danger that Shankland was our worst player. It wasn’t his day, right enough. He looked like he lacked sharpness - they used to talk about players being ‘jaded’ after international duty, and the word seems about right here. He never seemed to get the ball cleanly - it kept getting stuck under his feet. But he worked his socks off all game nonetheless, and provided the cross for the goal.

maroondevo52

I thought Beni was one of our best players today.

Debut 4

Clark 8.   Wonder save kept us on course at the time. 

Lembikisa.  5.  Erratic game.  Nervous as the game wore on.

Cochrane. 5.   Suddenly off form a little. Use of ball uncharacteristically inconsistent. 

Kingsley 7. Part of a defensive unit holding it together for us just now. 
Kent.  8.   Walked back in and showed no rustiness whatsoever.  Dominant display.  

Beni.  6.   Jus typical Beni without being overly influential. 
Tait. 6.  Tidy start.  Got some expected mistakes. Some great movement not spotted by his team mates.  
Grant. 6.   In line for a 7 or 8 if he had a good second half but fell out of it.  

Forrest 6.   Hard work but lacked end product.  Needs to find himself in better positions to hurt teams. 

Vargas 7.   The laddie just gives his all every time and not lacking ability.   Never gives up the chase.  

Shankland. 6.   Tried to make things work but it didn’t come off. Sloppy with some bread and butter passes around the box.  

jamborich
4 hours ago, XB52 said:

Nothing really came off for him scoring wise but his work rate was great and he set up our goal with a perfect cross. Not got a clue how anyone can say he was abysmal

Totally agree this criticism of shankland is crazy he works his socks off but he didn’t score so he must have been shite…we have some weird supporters 

Mr Rabbit
4 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Exactly. Was no more than a 4 today. Tagawa has that game and people would be offering to buy his plane ticket home (hilarious, I know). Fans need to be real about players on a game by game basis.

:interehjrling: 

A 4? From the sibbick apologist. You’re quite a strange guy 😂 Mentioning Tagawa as well, not sure if you’re either trolling or don’t have a clue.

He didn’t have his best game but he wasn’t awful.

vladisacoward

All were relatively poor today apart from Kent. And even Kent got a stupid as **** booking, wasn’t great with the ball at his feet and had an awful header that contributed to their goal. I’d give Kent a 7 and no one else more than a 5.

wattie exploited
8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Very much this. One of his worst performances 

he has not been great at all  the last 3 games a bit like the team in general :rifle: 

7 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Clark - 8 - Outstanding 

Kent -8 - MoM. Didn't put a foot wrong

Kingsley - 7 - Solid and dependable 

Lembikisa - 3 - Tired quickly and big mistake for their goal

Cochrane - 6 - Needs to stop the heavy duty tackles. He is becoming a card liability 

Baningime- 7 - Excellent game

Grant - 6 - Missed a couple of good chances 

Tait - 3 - Small, slow and lightweight against a very big Killie side. Got in the way of a number of our attacks. Not ready.

Shankland - 7 - Did a lot of work

Forrest - 6 - Not much came off for him today

Vargas - 6 - Good goal, but needs to stop the diving 

Subs:

Rowles - 5 - Strengthened defense

McKay - 5 - Good to see him back. Little rusty

Devlin - 5 - Did everything Tait didn't

Atkinson - 3 So so

Oda - 2 - Little time

Your mark for Tait tells everyone you don’t know football. Was our best player in the first half. Passed and moved. More then anyone else did. Very very difficult when both teams tried to smash the ball long for 90 mins. He was very tidy on the ball. Today was a terrible game of football and MT is a football player. 

10 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Thank Christ he was back otherwise we’d have lost that today given he’s the only defender we have who’s competent in the air.

I said the same to my mates at the game, if Frankie hadn't played, we'd most likely have lost the game.  He was my MOTM by a long way.

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

stopped reading after 6 for Kent.

that must be a typo otherwise you have lost your mind.

he was brilliant today.  

Thought Kent was ace.

i wish jj was my dad
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He put his hand up above his head, he really didn’t do anything out of the ordinary to save it.

Stop digging. He pulled off a great reflex save. 

hmfc_liam06
8 hours ago, jamborich said:

Totally agree this criticism of shankland is crazy he works his socks off but he didn’t score so he must have been shite…we have some weird supporters 

How is it crazy to say he had a bad game?

See if you actually took time to read folks opinions maybe you’d see that not a single person has said “because he didn’t score he was shite”.

I find those with blinkers even weirder.

BackOfTheNet
9 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

A 4? From the sibbick apologist. You’re quite a strange guy 😂 Mentioning Tagawa as well, not sure if you’re either trolling or don’t have a clue.

Worst game he had all season. Awful though would be a 0 or a 1, which many on these threads like to give whichever boo boy of the month when they have an off day. Shankland had an off day - even Naismith alludes to this in the post match interview, citing the international break hectic schedule - and he’s allowed to have off days, but let’s call that performance for what it was. A 4 at best.

Said before some fans are weird in that they’ll score their favourites high and their boo boys low, because of stubbornly held views. Last season according to these threads Snodgrass was MoM most times he played according to some, which was bull**** and people only admit it now after we finished 4th and how his time ended. But he was flavour of the month, so there it is. See ratings for Lowry early on this season for the same reason.

If a fan favourite has an average game worthy of no more than a 6, there will be 7’s and 8’s on here no doubt. If the current boo boy has an average game worthy of no more than a 6, there will be 1’s and 2’s. Look at Nieuwenhof from only a few months ago as a prime example. It’s just pathetic. I love Shankland and want him to sign an extension, but let’s not be anything other than real, he was a 4 at best yesterday. He’d admit it himself if asked I bet.

HopeDiouf
15 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Disagree.  I don’t think they did.  They did manage to get a million crosses in.  Thank goodness Frankie was there 

Suggest you watch it back as they did.

HopeDiouf
10 hours ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Extremely clueless based on posts I've read.

59 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Worst game he had all season. Awful though would be a 0 or a 1, which many on these threads like to give whichever boo boy of the month when they have an off day. Shankland had an off day - even Naismith alludes to this in the post match interview, citing the international break hectic schedule - and he’s allowed to have off days, but let’s call that performance for what it was. A 4 at best.

Said before some fans are weird in that they’ll score their favourites high and their boo boys low, because of stubbornly held views. Last season according to these threads Snodgrass was MoM most times he played according to some, which was bull**** and people only admit it now after we finished 4th and how his time ended. But he was flavour of the month, so there it is. See ratings for Lowry early on this season for the same reason.

If a fan favourite has an average game worthy of no more than a 6, there will be 7’s and 8’s on here no doubt. If the current boo boy has an average game worthy of no more than a 6, there will be 1’s and 2’s. Look at Nieuwenhof from only a few months ago as a prime example. It’s just pathetic. I love Shankland and want him to sign an extension, but let’s not be anything other than real, he was a 4 at best yesterday. He’d admit it himself if asked I bet.

You know it's ok for people to hold different opinions, right? 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Suggest you watch it back as they did.

You realise I said they “did” get a million crosses in.  And I was thankful that Frankie Kent was there to deal with the majority of them.

Kent was superb yesterday. If you don’t agree then we are just going to have to disagree because he was MOM by a distance for me.  And many people on here seem to agree

Edited by kingantti1874

HopeDiouf
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

You realise I said they “did” get a million crosses in.  And I was thankful that Frankie Kent was there to deal with the majority of them.

Kent was superb yesterday. If you don’t agree then we are just going to have to disagree because he was MOM by a distance for me.  And many people on here seem to agree

He was good. They also won a lot of headers in our box. Both can be true.

HopeDiouf
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We scored 1 goal yesterday.  Shankland with a great assist. That alone deserves more than a 4. Without that assist we lose the match.

The Tackle

Still of the opinion Forrest should be a back up squad player at most

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

👏

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, Carter said:

You know it's ok for people to hold different opinions, right? 

Yes it is. But it’s not okay to be blinded by obvious observational fact. And some posters (not all) do this on a regular basis. Mostly with players they don’t like, but happens too with players they do like. And it is usually they who take exception to different opinions more than me.

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

We scored 1 goal yesterday.  Shankland with a great assist. That alone deserves more than a 4. Without that assist we lose the match.

That’s a blinkered view. Without Shankland losing the ball or picking the wrong option 8 times out of 10 most of the game, we could’ve won 2 or 3-0 if we’re going to use that logic. Naismith himself said that Shankland would normally control and bury his chance, and the assist wouldn’t have been required. I’m scoring him 4 because of the assist, otherwise it would be a 3. Almost nothing came off for him, any other player plays like he did and they would’ve been subbed after 60 minutes.

Remember, it’s okay to criticise one player for one game, but recognise that he’s still our best player and has been all season. It’s not like I’m calling for him to be dropped or anything (although I don’t believe he should be immune to a substitution now and again if not playing well or the game is tied up).

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

He was good. They also won a lot of headers in our box. Both can be true.

fair enough. I suppose they will win some when they get so many crosses in.  

Kent was still MOM, I remember him winning a lot in the air and on the ground.  

thought he was outstanding tbh.  and never in a million a 6 which was the point I challenged 

HopeDiouf
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

That’s a blinkered view. Without Shankland losing the ball or picking the wrong option 8 times out of 10 most of the game, we could’ve won 2 or 3-0 if we’re going to use that logic. Naismith himself said that Shankland would normally control and bury his chance, and the assist wouldn’t have been required. I’m scoring him 4 because of the assist, otherwise it would be a 3. Almost nothing came off for him, any other player plays like he did and they would’ve been subbed after 60 minutes.

Remember, it’s okay to criticise one player for one game, but recognise that he’s still our best player and has been all season. It’s not like I’m calling for him to be dropped or anything (although I don’t believe he should be immune to a substitution now and again if not playing well or the game is tied up).

Problem with subbing him is we've no alternatives the manager trusts.  Boyce injured tagawa not trusted.

BackOfTheNet
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

Problem with subbing him is we've no alternatives the manager trusts.  Boyce injured tagawa not trusted.

Vargas can play up top, could’ve put him up there and had McKay and Oda either side. Might have been able to play their way through in a more intricate fashion. Although I see Tagawa not trusted, I’d like to see him given an opportunity to show why he is or isn’t.

HopeDiouf
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Vargas can play up top, could’ve put him up there and had McKay and Oda either side. Might have been able to play their way through in a more intricate fashion. Although I see Tagawa not trusted, I’d like to see him given an opportunity to show why he is or isn’t.

Vargas too lightweight play up top on his own for now. Tagawa not trusted cause he's done nowt when given safe opportunities e.g at 3 0 up at airdrie last time it was safe to give him a run out. He did nowt. Thats why he's not earned trust of manager.

2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

How is it crazy to say he had a bad game?

See if you actually took time to read folks opinions maybe you’d see that not a single person has said “because he didn’t score he was shite”.

I find those with blinkers even weirder.

You said he was abysmal 😀😀

JimmyCant

Clark 8. World class save. No chance with goal

Lembisaka 4. Can’t play in a back 4. Don’t sign him

Kent 9. MOM won us a point

Kingsley 7 prefer him at wing back

Cochrane 6 struggled to impact the game

Beni 6. FFS drive into space man

Tait 6. Good first half but ran out of steam

Grant 6 decent first half. invisible second

Forrest 5 anon

Vargas 6 anon but a point extra for scoring

Shankland 6. Not his best day but good assist.

Subs . 2 each. No impact which is unusual for our bench

Overall . Struggled against their 2 wide players and lost a preventable goal.Scraped a draw in reality. In hindsight might have been better switching to a back 3 or starting with one

Edited by JimmyCant

hmfc_liam06
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You said he was abysmal 😀😀

And I still hold that view. But it’s not because he didn’t score, which is what a few folk have tried to throw around at those criticising his performance yesterday.

Zander 8 - Outstanding save to keep us in the lead earlier in the game. Gutted he didn't get his clean sheet, he deserved one.

Dexter 4 - Really poor. Didn't offer anything at either end of the pitch. IMO could have done better at the goal, backed off instead of pressed.

Kent 8  - Like Zander, had a very very good game. At times it feels like he IS our defence. 

Kingsley 6 - Was okay, but when he brought the ball forward he wasn't seeing forward passes that were on.

Cochrane 5 - Didn't offer much going forward and his set pieces should see him in the ****ing Hague. 

Tait 6 - thought he was fine but did fade in the 2nd half

Beni 6 - Lost the ball a few times

Grant 5 - Nothing he did came off. Lots of overhit & underhit passes. General lack of composure.

Forrest 4 - Works hard but thats it. Not of the required quality.

Shankland 5 - Bad day at the office. Good assist though.

Vargas 6 - extra point for the goal. Don't think he was particularly great either. 

All in all, our attack struggled massively to break down Killie. Thats not a slight to them, both Celtic and Rangers have struggled with that task too. They're hard to beat, very difficult to break down and through Armstrong & Kennedy offer a huge threat down the wide areas along with competent strikers that can and will convert chances. That said, I am pretty disatisfied with the quality of our attacking play. Its disjointed, lacks composure and I think we suffer when Shanks has to drift as there is no one good enough to fill the gap he leaves. We did have half chances that better decision making could have seen converted. 

Getting Spittal and Dhanda (and McKay back properly) into this team will be huge. 

Chuck Berry

It was good to see Tait start today.

As per the ratings he started well, chased and harried with a few nice touches however was also a bit loose with his passing a couple of times. The important thing was he never hid, always wanting the ball and looking for space. That's great to see.

Another step in the learning experience for him.

Clark 9 - won us the point in the end with a world class save.  

Dexter 4 inconsistent and to be expected. Great prospect, wasn't his day. He'll get pulled on the goal and hopefully he learns from it. 

Kent 9 motm

Kingsley 7 as always

Cochrane 6 had a good first half

Beni 7 solid

Tait 6 did alright. Just a bairn. 

Grant 5 he's not my Jam at all

Forrest 5 wasn't his day

Shanks 7 wasn't his best overall but created chances for the team. 

Vargas 8 he'll be a hero for us one day 

Rowles - 6 

McKay - 6

Devlin - 5

Atkinson - n/a

Oda - n/a