Craigieboy

Craigieboy

Some rivals to have Hibs. 👏🏽😂

Absolute ****ing rockets. 

IMG_4031.jpeg

IMG_4035.jpeg

Aaron78

The ultimate 'Hibsed it' without doubt.

Only Hibs could win less points than us during our season in receivership, also get relegated in hilarious style, then take 3 years to come back up.

Never change Hibs, never change.

• ehcaley changed the title to Happy 10th Anniversary
alicante jambo

Fecking brilliant. Look at lockies face sheer delight giving right up there arses that day. Will never forget the penalty shoot out too. Up yees ya tramps

been here before
2 minutes ago, Aaron78 said:

Only Hibs could win less points than us during our season in receivership, also get relegated in hilarious style, then take 3 years to come back up.

Im not sure it is the ultimate Hibsed it, I think that may be the freefall after that game culminating in the 2nd leg of their play off v Hamilton.

Regardless it was a ****in great afternoon and we really are so lucky to have them as rivals.

The best thing is is that they never, ever learn. They're still at it now with their "hear me out, the momentum is with us" thread on der nugget. :rofl:

DG_HMFC

"Today is our turn to feel joy"

Is it aye? 😂😂

Absolute ******s to a man, and woman.

jamb-oz

It really is quite unreal. Rivalry aside, you really couldn't write such a script. For them to get relegated from their position in the same season we went down, having the chance to relegate us and technically finishing on lower points than us if it wasn't for a points deduction against our youth team is actually insane.

It was literally one of the very very few oppurtunities from them to laugh at us and they still ended up looking like absolute baloons, one of many examples of the "Hibs'd it" legacy, and incredibly maybe not the worst! (5-1 etc 😎)

We've now bounced back better than ever, miles ahead of them in every department and on course to continue to prove our status as the biggest team in Edinburgh. 

But the best part of it all, is that they know it, and it will never change, a wee desperate diminishing feeder club up against a growing self-owned capital club bursting at the seems is so exciting and long may it continue. HHGH

Ricardo Quaresma

3 seasons in the 'pokey' :rofl:

Never saw it coming :rofl:

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Craigieboy said:

IMG_4031.jpeg

IMG_4035.jpeg

I'm assuming the cat was more bagpuss than leopard, between the sticks😀.

Kevin McHattie's shirt from that game, is framed and proudly hangs on the wall in my son's bedroom.

1 hour ago, Craigieboy said:

IMG_4031.jpeg

IMG_4035.jpeg

Pure poetry.

King prawn

:pleasing:

led them to their free fall. What a season for them - being 6th at Christmas then not winning another game , having the chance to relegate your rivals who are playing a bunch of kids, lose and then end up getting relegated yourselves. :rofl: :rofl: 

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I'm assuming the cat was more bagpuss than leopard, between the sticks😀.

Kevin McHattie's shirt from that game, is framed and proudly hangs on the wall in my son's bedroom.

That went well for them.  :rofl: 

Buster HMFC
3 hours ago, been here before said:

Im not sure it is the ultimate Hibsed it, I think that may be the freefall after that game culminating in the 2nd leg of their play off v Hamilton.

Regardless it was a ****in great afternoon and we really are so lucky to have them as rivals.

The best thing is is that they never, ever learn. They're still at it now with their "hear me out, the momentum is with us" thread on der nugget. :rofl:

The irony was Scotland done them

Montgomery Brewster

Marvelous.

Long May all those Gareth hunts rot in hell.

FTH !

GORGIE RULES 🙂

Polonia Gorgie
6 hours ago, King prawn said:

led them to their free fall. What a season for them - being 6th at Christmas then not winning another game , having the chance to relegate your rivals who are playing a bunch of kids, lose and then end up getting relegated yourselves. :rofl: :rofl: 

Being 2:0 up after the first leg away to Accies............... 😂😂😂

rubyruby
7 hours ago, Bindy Badgy said:

Am I right in assuming that James keatings was part of that Hamilton Squad before he came to us

21 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

IMG_4031.jpeg

IMG_4035.jpeg

Seen the "invitation" before but not the post, that is just beautiful reading 😂😂

davemclaren

It was quite an achievement, in many ways, for them to get relegated that season.  The second leg of the playoff is one of my favourite tv watches. 🤩

Craigieboy
26 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Seen the "invitation" before but not the post, that is just beautiful reading 😂😂

Brilliant eh. 

You’d have thought over the years they have learned to wind their necks in, but no. 

The Cat is one of their biggest roasters and he lived up to his rep with that one. 

:glorious:

Section Q
16 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It was quite an achievement, in many ways, for them to get relegated that season.  The second leg of the playoff is one of my favourite tv watches. 🤩

Mine too.

I'm sure most Hearts fans watched it in the pub......!

iantjambo

They really did set themselves up for one hell of a fall that season. They’ve learned absolutely nothing over the years.

4 out of 5 games we beat them that season :rofl:

martoon

That season was all about us as far as the scuttlers were concerned. "12. Hearts (R)" was their only desire, dream and ambition.

If they had sealed our fate that day or held out against Hamilton there may even have been an open top bus parade doon Easter Road.

As local rivals go Hibernian, and their vile, scuttling fanbase, truly did come gift wrapped that Christmas day back in 1875.

Footballfirst

A bit of photoshopping involved but it captured the moment 10 years ago.

image.thumb.jpeg.cb65dceee8b2794717c5550f9386593a.jpeg

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

😀

AndrewB
14 hours ago, rubyruby said:

Am I right in assuming that James keatings was part of that Hamilton Squad before he came to us

Correct 

17 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

😂😂😂 That's brilliant 

23 hours ago, Craigieboy said:

IMG_4031.jpeg

IMG_4035.jpeg

Oh Cat it was far more than just another derby , you got that bit right 

No so lucky on the showing the world you have the bottle front however , shame

They totally kicked the arse out of the party though , it lasted for three seasons 

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, King prawn said:

They even won the 1st leg of the playoff 2-0.

Footballfirst

Always worth watching again.  Had VAR been in use Hibs would have had at least a goal and a penalty. Some ye win!

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

image.jpeg.3af852d6ae1b156f17e6d65516e94fe9.jpeg

Never gets old.

gordon simpson
22 hours ago, King prawn said:

We are so lucky to have those Muppets as  wee team neighbours,  long may they entertain us 

AndrewB
56 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Always worth watching again.  Had VAR been in use Hibs would have had at least a goal and a penalty. Some ye win!

My mind playing tricks on me.  I thought it was Sam Nicholson that went through the middle and scored the second!!!  Cant argue with actual evidence of the truth.

We had a lot of attacking options on the pitch that day, BTW

They went into that game knowing that a win would relegate Hearts.
Hibs were 7th in the table. 

We beat these manky tramps 2-0.

They would go on to only pick up a single point in the rest of the season, including another Derby loss at Easter Road.

They ended up in the relegation play-offs.

First leg saw them easily beat Hamilton 2-0 away.

Second leg saw them Hibs it in hilarious fashion, with Hamilton taking an early lead and causing the Hibs to panic.
Hamilton would equalise the tie in 2nd half injury time.

Penalties then followed, with Hibs missing their first pen and losing.
They would spend three years in the wee league.

:gok:

1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

My heartfelt thanks to the current Hibs players for celebrating the occasion in style yesterday.

THAT is hilarious 😀

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Cade said:

They went into that game knowing that a win would relegate Hearts.
Hibs were 7th in the table. 

We beat these manky tramps 2-0.

They would go on to only pick up a single point in the rest of the season, including another Derby loss at Easter Road.

They ended up in the relegation play-offs.

First leg saw them easily beat Hamilton 2-0 away.

Second leg saw them Hibs it in hilarious fashion, with Hamilton taking an early lead and causing the Hibs to panic.
Hamilton would equalise the tie in 2nd half injury time.

Penalties then followed, with Hibs missing their first pen and losing.
They would spend three years in the wee league.

:gok:

Agent Cummings did well. 

Des Lynam

I thought it was very nice of them to keep us company in the Championship. 

martoon
Just now, Des Lynam said:

I thought it was very nice of them to keep us company in the Championship. 

Their relegation, and the derbies, certainly took the edge of what should have been a completely miserable season for Hearts.

Very considerate.

leginten

The two derby defeats we inflicted on them within a month did as much as anything to put them in that play-off place. Absolutely beautiful occasions, both of them. I remember turning up at Easter Road for the second one thinking they would probably win as we genuinely had nothing left to play for in league terms that day.

Two Callum Paterson headers later…

Edited by leginten

Benzinho
51 minutes ago, leginten said:

The two derby defeats we inflicted on them within a month did as much as anything to put them in that play-off place. Absolutely beautiful occasions, both of them. I remember turning up at Easter Road for the second one thinking they would probably win as we genuinely had nothing left to play for in league terms that day.

Two Callum Paterson headers later…

I always think that 2nd derby after the split never gets enough mention. They were absolutely abject that day and that was the day that I think both we and they realised there was a very good possibility they could come down with us.

When they won 2-0 in the first leg of the play off I figured that prospect was gone but I hadn't reckoned with their ability to hibs it spectacularly! 🤣🤣🤣

Hmfc1965
5 hours ago, Section Q said:

Mine too.

I'm sure most Hearts fans watched it in the pub......!

I wasn't going to bother after the first leg but watched the second half in the snooker centre at Meadowbank.

The look on their faces as they came back was joyful.

Pans Jambo

One of my favoirite derbies. Loved it. Also loved seeing Gary pounding his Heart when we slotted one in against them! Delicious. What a bunch of utter fuds 😂😂😂

busbyfth
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

bet you didnt need to shop the guy sitting in the front row with the green top, having a whale of a time with his laddie !!!

One word describes his look - DEJECTED 

busbyfth

Dont also forget that the night when they won the league cup, their fans pseudo rioted round the easter road area before the celebrations at the ground so the police told them to cancel/postpone it ......and to top it all they said that theyd do the celebrations properly the week after when hosting hearts so they could celebrate properly after beating us...........We of course won and our fans refused to leave the ground for 40 minutes after the final whistle so they ended up having to cancel it yet again !!!

busbyfth
On 30/03/2024 at 12:37, Aaron78 said:

Aye that was when they used to be called Hibs/Hibernian - RATHER THAN BOURNMOUTH B's

trotter
7 hours ago, martoon said:

That season was all about us as far as the scuttlers were concerned. "12. Hearts (R)" was their only desire, dream and ambition.

If they had sealed our fate that day or held out against Hamilton there may even have been an open top bus parade doon Easter Road.

As local rivals go Hibernian, and their vile, scuttling fanbase, truly did come gift wrapped that Christmas day back in 1875.

I've thought about this very thing a lot. We were relegated that season before the first ball was kicked. It was a matter of when, not if. If they had, especially at Tynie, it would've been a sickener to take, no doubt about it. But i honestly think that as a fan base we would've collectively got over it relatively quickly and got on with supporting the team back up. 

Compare and contrast with the sheer quantity of tears, snotters and butthurt that still eminates from over t'road over one day in May. 

🇱🇻 🇱🇻 

naeclue
4 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

My heartfelt thanks to the current Hibs players for celebrating the occasion in style yesterday.

An absolute cracker.