School photo story

GinRummy

The same company does a lot of Edinburgh schools. Someone I know posted about it on Facebook last night. He’s got a kid at one of the schools with special needs so understandably furious. 

GinRummy
11 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The same company does a lot of Edinburgh schools. Someone I know posted about it on Facebook last night. He’s got a kid at one of the schools with special needs so understandably furious. 

Can’t blame him. Incredible lack of all sorts of things being shown by this company. There was a parent on the tv news crying. 

Day@theraces

Reminds me of the evening news posting primary school photos over the two days in their paper. 

redtipsjambo

Nothing is ever straight forward folks

Some kids have really complex needs and would never sit still long enough for a photo to be taken

It could be maybe that photo company and photographer only make money on photos bought and would  some/ any parents if we are honest, buy a photo of their child if photo look chaotic as a reminder of the school year

Agree though it is very insensitive.

Ulysses
8 minutes ago, redtipsjambo said:

Nothing is ever straight forward folks

Some kids have really complex needs and would never sit still long enough for a photo to be taken

It could be maybe that photo company and photographer only make money on photos bought and would  some/ any parents if we are honest, buy a photo of their child if photo look chaotic as a reminder of the school year

Agree though it is very insensitive.

Back when I were a lad (stop yawning you lot)...

My primary school (more than 50 years ago) used to do a group photo and individual pics each year.  Parents could buy both, but I reckon most parents only ever bought the individual photos.

Anyway, I think it was pretty insensitive, and the photography company have said it's not their normal way of doing things.

henrysmithsgloves
26 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Back when I were a lad (stop yawning you lot)...

My primary school (more than 50 years ago) used to do a group photo and individual pics each year.  Parents could buy both, but I reckon most parents only ever bought the individual photos.

Anyway, I think it was pretty insensitive, and the photography company have said it's not their normal way of doing things.

Wonder if your school photo would look like this now:whistling:

th-842132545.jpg

Ulysses
17 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

th-842132545.jpg

tom-conti-as-albert-einstein-in-oppenhei

henrysmithsgloves
29 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

tom-conti-as-albert-einstein-in-oppenhei

Einstein 😲😉 or Freddie Boswell 😁

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

milky_26
57 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

th-842132545.jpg

well his one from back in the day would be some sort of etching

I P Knightley

The chances are that the class is organised with two groups: the complex needs group spending a portion of their time apart from the "mainstream" group. According to the First Lady, who's a bit of an expert in Special Education Needs, it's very common practice and she tells this is probably a storm in a teacup; and I dare any of you to challenge her on it. The story I read said that a photograph was taken before the complex needs group arrived which probably backs that up. 

It would be like complaining that your kid is in the photo for the 15-a-side rugby squad photo but not in the one for the sevens. 

Two different groups.

henrysmithsgloves
32 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Saturday night out in Dublin 🤣

th-1919132265.jpg

Ulysses
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Saturday night out in Dublin 🤣

th-1919132265.jpg

Cheeky wee shites, the pair of you.  :th_Rage2:

Ulysses
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

The chances are that the class is organised with two groups: the complex needs group spending a portion of their time apart from the "mainstream" group. According to the First Lady, who's a bit of an expert in Special Education Needs, it's very common practice and she tells this is probably a storm in a teacup; and I dare any of you to challenge her on it. The story I read said that a photograph was taken before the complex needs group arrived which probably backs that up. 

It would be like complaining that your kid is in the photo for the 15-a-side rugby squad photo but not in the one for the sevens. 

Two different groups.

Tell her I said......