Are we all agreed

Go for it 1308

Go for it 1308

Shankland,  first name on that team sheet to start upfront in the Euros ? He's definitely a starter for me.

Edited by Go for it 1308

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Go for it 1308

• RustyRightPeg

• PaddysBar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go for it 1308
1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Shankland,  first name on that team sheet to start in the Euros ? He's definitely a starter for me.

...and I mean, starting the games...not as an impact sub. He's first on that team sheet 

Sherbet
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Not a chance he's a starter.

Unless he signs for Rangers, also I'm sure we will agree john mcginns diving is emberassing

Go for it 1308
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not a chance he's a starter.

Why not?

RustyRightPeg

Not the first name on the team sheet, Gilmour is, probably followed by Hickey going on that Patterson showing. 

Go for it 1308
1 minute ago, Sherbet said:

Unless he signs for Rangers, also I'm sure we will agree john mcginns diving is emberassing

Don't go off topic mate..

Go for it 1308
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Not the first name on the team sheet, Gilmour is, probably followed by Hickey going on that Patterson showing. 

I meant upfront mate 

• Go for it 1308 changed the title to Are we all agreed
RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I meant upfront mate 

I’d like to see him with Adams rather than competing against him. The dinosaur won’t do that though unless he’s really desperate. 

One things for sure, Dykes should be nowhere near the squad.

Jambo92

He's shown very little in the 90mins he's had over last 2 games.  Only saving grace for him is nobody else looked anywhere near the standard either.

Sounds harsh to say but cannot help but feel we're the perfect level for him.

Go for it 1308
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

I’d like to see him with Adams rather than competing against him. The dinosaur won’t do that though unless he’s really desperate. 

One things for sure, Dykes should be nowhere near the squad.

Nailed it

Go for it 1308
Just now, Jambo92 said:

He's shown very little in the 90mins he's had over last 2 games.  Only saving grace for him is nobody else looked anywhere near the standard either.

1182827825_Screenshot_20190216-2219102.png.d3b3966aca24a8c1c1b02a97eea992c2.png

90-day-warranty-termsandconditions.pdf

Hagar the Horrible
9 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Shankland,  first name on that team sheet to start upfront in the Euros ? He's definitely a starter for me.

Clarke will cut his nose off to spite his face

brunoatemyhamster

Adams and dykes have had their chance. 

Its not working. 

Insane to stick with it, so I think he will. 

Ferguson or Shanks I'm afraid. 

Also, Patterson. 

Wouldn't let him wash the team bus after that tonight. 

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Why not?

Coz clarkes a dinosaur and sticks with his favourites rather than playing form players!

Life Aquatic

He got slated for missing the chance against Holland and folk are already on his case for not scoring tonight... But he is creating chances and managed to peel away a few times from that parked bus of an Ireland defence when no one else could. He deserves a start

Clarke picks his pals. Why bother with 4 keepers yet play only one in friendlies. Isnt that the point in friendly games, to try new tactics, give players a run out?

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

He only held his own for an hour against the best CB in the world that’s kept Erling Haaland quiet whenever he’s faced him. Should he have scored, yes, but he’s done everything right he’s just put too much on it. 

Off you pop. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Clarke will cut his nose off to spite his face

Is the right answer.

Go for it 1308
1 minute ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Is the right answer.

We have a winner 

No Idle Talk

As others have said, he should be but he won't be. Nobody is convincing me that Lyndon Dykes is a better striker than Lawrence Shankland.

Luckies1874

I would say that other than Gilmour's 70 minutes on Friday where he was exceptional against a Dutch side nobody did more than Shanks in respect to forcing Clarke's hand and we already knew how good that kid was.

Shankland is now very much in the conversation for starting against Germany, not just being on the plane. I think he's ahead of Adams and the only reason Dykes starts is due to tactics in a certain game. Hearts fans can moan and greet about him not starting tonight but it was obvious he wouldn't. He was picked on Friday in the bigger game and as Clarke has voiced he did very well. It's a pity he missed the big opportunity but his overall contribution was excellent as it was in the 15 mins tonight, despite again being a bit unlucky. 

If he remains fit he is 100% one of the 23. If he continues to score for Hearts, good news for us, he may well be in the starting lineup in Munich. 

By the way he isn't first name on the team sheet, that is just silly when you have Robertson, Tierney, McGinn, McTominay, Gilmour, McGregor and Hickey who are all absolute certain starters. 

Edited by Luckies1874

The Treasurer
13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Am I the only person who doesn't get the hype around Gilmour. 

He's a slightly better than average player, nothing more 

Jambo92
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He only held his own for an hour against the best CB in the world that’s kept Erling Haaland quiet whenever he’s faced him. Should he have scored, yes, but he’s done everything right he’s just put too much on it. 

Off you pop. 

Take your bias specs off eh, he huffed and puffed sure, was given great chance on a plate from a defensive horror show and missed. 

For what it's worth I'd have him starting, but I'm acutely aware of Clarkes stubborness.

From a Hearts perspective, probably works in our favour so I'm not going to lose sleep over it, club over country for me.

tiger Rudi

I've seen all 3 strikers over the two games, Shankland by far the best out of them. By a country mile. I don't think it will be just Hearts fans shouting for Shanks to start. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, The Treasurer said:

Yeah you’re probably one of the only ones. 

PaddysBar
1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

As others have said, he should be but he won't be. Nobody is convincing me that Lyndon Dykes is a better striker than Lawrence Shankland.

I’ve got hibby relatives who want shanks to start FFS. 

That tit Clarke is going to blow the finals by playing duds like Dykes and Adams ahead of him. Plus Christie and McLean ahead of Armstrong. 

He blew the 2020 euros by playing the wrong team and he’s showing every sign of doing it again. 

Hearts007
20 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

all pundits on sport scene just agreed with you

Firefox
7 minutes ago, Negan said:

Clarke picks his pals. Why bother with 4 keepers yet play only one in friendlies. Isnt that the point in friendly games, to try new tactics, give players a run out?

:spoton:

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Probably not the only person given some of the nonsense that gets posted but certainly in the very very small minority. He's been outstanding for Brighton and chosen week in week out by the Head Coach who is being watched by Liverpool, Bayern, Real Madrid etc etc

Fort Vallance
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Coz clarkes a dinosaur and sticks with his favourites rather than playing form players!

Spot on. Aside from Shankland 4 goalkeepers and plays his first for the whole of both games. What's he learned there ?

21 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I think he should be . Not convinced he will though 

JDK2020
22 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Yes, 100%  

Go for it 1308
Just now, Hearts007 said:

all pundits on sport scene just agreed with you

Yep , I watched that mate. Its a pity luckys 1874 is so reluctant on here to to give shanks credit where credit is due. 

Luckies1874
9 minutes ago, Negan said:

I'll ask again: why would Clark or Kelly play when they were both shite in the last international break and are nowhere near the standard? They won't get near the pitch in German y unless there are injuries to both Gunn and Gordon. Gunn is the No1 and if Gordon was playing for Hearts he may have been given some game time. Gordon will likely get that game time post split for us and go as No2 (with Zander No3). We are 80 days from the first game in Munich and have 2 matches between now and then, why on earth would we be ****ing about with the goalkeeping position? It's already set what is happening. 

luckyBatistuta

Look far more dangerous with him on. He should be our starting striker in Germany, but he definitively won’t be. 

Luckies1874
13 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Ok. So assuming everyone is fit what is your team for Germany in Munich?

PaddysBar
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

I'll ask again: why would Clark or Kelly play when they were both shite in the last international break and are nowhere near the standard? They won't get near the pitch in German y unless there are injuries to both Gunn and Gordon. Gunn is the No1 and if Gordon was playing for Hearts he may have been given some game time. Gordon will likely get that game time post split for us and go as No2 (with Zander No3). We are 80 days from the first game in Munich and have 2 matches between now and then, why on earth would we be ****ing about with the goalkeeping position? It's already set what is happening. 

Because Gunn is not that great?

I think our best 11 is:

Gunn

Hickey Porteous Hendry Tierney Robertson

McTominay Gilmour

McGinn        Ferguson

Shankland

Problem is 5 defenders and 4 CMs isn't a great formation and is lacking IMO

Christie, Adams & Paterson, not International standard I'm afraid (or at least in Christies case, not in form) 

Gorgie_Rules

Not great for him individually, but I have no issue at all with the media and some Scotland fans writing him off as not good enough for that level.

I am sure part of his thinking in turning us down twice in January was that he would impress enough to make his way into the Scotland team at the Euros, then post-tournament see who comes in for him. Early days in that regard with two friendlies to come but can’t say this camp has been a success for him individually or the team as a whole.

The Gibraltar and Finland friendlies will be crucial for him now (assuming Clark drops his stubbornness and gives him sufficient minutes), but I have no issue with Shankland not featuring as much in those games and the Euros if it means there is more chance of him remaining at Hearts next season and hopefully beyond.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

Luckies1874
Just now, PaddysBar said:

Because Gunn is not that great?

He's much better than Clark and Kelly. And it's not close. 

Gordon of course at his peak is a giant of Scottish football and way ahead. But he can't even get in the Hearts side which has made the whole hating moot. So blame Naisy or blame Craig for not kicking up shit to get more game time! 

luckyBatistuta

Surely a friendly match is your best opportunity to find out what you have from your fringe players. Nah, I’ll just play the same players and find out a big fat zero going forward. He’s already made his mind up who his starting 11 will be against Germany imo🙄

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, OTT said:

I think our best 11 is:

Gunn

Hickey Porteous Hendry Tierney Robertson

McTominay Gilmour

McGinn        Ferguson

Shankland

Problem is 5 defenders and 4 CMs isn't a great formation and is lacking IMO

Christie, Adams & Paterson, not International standard I'm afraid (or at least in Christies case, not in form) 

If everyone is fit this would be my starting 11 in Munich:

Gunn

Hickey Hendry Hanley Tierney Robertson

McGregor Gilmour

McGinn        McTominay

Shankland

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Surely a friendly match is your best opportunity to find out what you have from your fringe players. Nah, I’ll just play the same players and find out a big fat zero going forward. He’s already made his mind up who his starting 11 will be against Germany imo🙄

What fringe players? Let's hear some names.

What would your starting 11 be in comparison to Clarke's?

Edited by Luckies1874