Ramadan and Grub

highlandjambo3

Thunder and Lightning
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

lol look at you, so edgy. 

Oh God not the edgy patter. 😂 

henrysmithsgloves
5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

White to very pale pink with wee bits of tablet, it was maybe a "fudgey" rather than "tablety" but lovely all the same, and the girl that served us was white so, unfortunately, no racist angle.

🤣🤣

Ulysses
2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Oh God not the edgy patter. 😂 

Oh God not the Oh God patter.

:runaway: 

luckyBatistuta
15 hours ago, JJ93 said:

Not if they are driving buses or flying planes etc. There should be a ban on anyone performing such duties when fasting as it puts other people at risk.

14 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Any evidence to back that up? 

12 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Lol. 

The wee old lady around the corner from myself doesn’t find it funny. A woman in a Porsche Cayenne went right over the roundabout, through her wall, over her immaculate front garden and smashed into her house. Front, side and roof all badly damaged. The driver claimed she passed out, as she was fasting. 

I see within a page this pretty innocuous thread about MENA food has produced a meme about Shamima Begum tugging people off.

Edited by SM8

the posh bit
3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The wee old lady around the corner from myself doesn’t find it funny. A woman in a Porsche Cayenne went right over the roundabout, through her wall, over her immaculate front garden and smashed into her house. Front, side and roof all badly damaged. The driver claimed she passed out, as she was fasting. 

The key words relating to the cause of that accident are woman and she, not fasting. 

il Duce McTarkin
5 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The driver was a chancer.

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, SM8 said:

I see within a page this pretty innocuous thread about MENA food has produced a meme about Shamima Begum tugging people off.

Well spotted. You should be a detective.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

il Duce McTarkin
18 hours ago, XB52 said:

What the hell is Muslim food??? African? Middle Eastern? Asian? Turkish? 

Food that Muslims eat, bud. Fairly straightforward.

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

The driver was a chancer.

Yup, passed out, but still then managed to accelerate up the hill

Jim_Duncan
2 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

The driver was a woman and trying to reverse park at Morrisons.

FTFY

Jim_Duncan
3 hours ago, the posh bit said:

The key words relating to the cause of that accident are woman and she, not fasting. 

Misogynistic much?

Jim_Duncan
13 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Yep, shame that dedication totally wasted worshiping a book that is totally made up and definitely wasn't sent from heaven by god to justify the slaughter of millions and the maltreatment of millions more.

Same goes for those that believe in Christianity, Bhudism, Hinduism or my of the rest of the made up nonsense

:yas:

Thinking of those innocents who died at a concert in Russia by those who were inspired by other sections of a mythical book. 

the posh bit
8 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Thinking of those innocents who died at a concert in Russia by those who were inspired by other sections of a mythical book. 

You're not really thinking about anything other than the racist tripe than sludges its way through your small mind though, are you. 😊

3 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Food that Muslims eat, bud. Fairly straightforward.

Ah right. KFC. 

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

0_S3e8HT3hN-_7tYWX.png

Sorry bud. I've got you on ignore so sometimes forget to check back after bamming you up.

Why does Andrew Tit always look like he's trying hard to think of something really difficult? He's like a 90s boyband member that was chosen to appeal to a certain demographic.

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Ah right. KFC. 

Koran Fatwa Chips?

2 hours ago, the posh bit said:

You're not really thinking about anything other than the racist tripe than sludges its way through your small mind though, are you. 😊

I wasn't aware that such barbarians were a race.

the posh bit
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Sorry bud. I've got you on ignore so sometimes forget to check back after bamming you up.

Why does Andrew Tit always look like he's trying hard to think of something really difficult? He's like a 90s boyband member that was chosen to appeal to a certain demographic.

Not sure you're mastering that ignore function too well, Jim. 😁

4 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Concert goers, airplane passengers, the sympathies keep coming.

Edited by Bender

On 23/03/2024 at 15:33, XB52 said:

It's not offensive to me, just plain ridiculous.

Yup, used to do food contracts with the NHS and in Glasgow alone there are over a 100 nationalities of muslims meaning over a 100 different cuisines, not to mention that many are 2nd/3rd generation scots and as likely to want halal mince and tatties as they are a curry

Nookie Bear
On 23/03/2024 at 18:04, henrysmithsgloves said:

I think that's male folk from Aberdeen 🤔😁

This comment deserved a bit more respect :oldsad:

Nookie Bear
On 24/03/2024 at 04:56, luckyBatistuta said:

Top of Oxgangs Road?

Ron Burgundy

People starving themselves to appease their favoured sky fairy is the future.

henrysmithsgloves
55 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This comment deserved a bit more respect :oldsad:

Honestly,I do try🤣👍🏻

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Top of Oxgangs Road?

Yes, she was going at some speed up a hill towards a small roundabout. Don’t believe her excuse for what happened whatsoever.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

It's to do with a nutjob religion, that's all I know.

Aren’t they all Ron :rolleyes5:

Ron Burgundy
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Aren’t they all Ron :rolleyes5:

Of course, but some are deffo slightly more progressive. Islam is not in that category.

luckyBatistuta
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Of course, but some are deffo slightly more progressive. Islam is not in that category.

True

Nookie Bear
55 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Yes, she was going at some speed up a hill towards a small roundabout. Don’t believe her excuse for what happened whatsoever.

I remember it and know the lady who owns the house. 
Luckily she was not in. Even luckier it was a few minutes before the local school finished. 

luckyBatistuta
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I remember it and know the lady who owns the house. 
Luckily she was not in. Even luckier it was a few minutes before the local school finished. 

Yeah, my boys came up the road just after it. Ran along to the house to tell me about it. I was wondering if her house was going to have to come down, walls and roof were all moved with the damage. She was out of her house for quite a considerable time whilst they repaired it.

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It's to do with a nutjob religion, that's all I know.

:whistling:

If carlsberg did rivals...
On 23/03/2024 at 13:58, the posh bit said:

Any evidence to back that up? 

You're not you when you're hungry? If Mr T telling you that isn't enough, what is?

There's probably a few million people in the UK that regularly skip lunch these days.

Not due to any religious observations but just because they're feckin skint.

henrysmithsgloves
5 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Riyalshop Bobby Sandses. 

:lenny:🤣

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

IronJambo
On 23/03/2024 at 11:30, highlandjambo3 said:

Mrs and myself just back from Marrakesh on Wednesday after a short week away.  When we booked up it hadn’t occurred to us this short stop would be during the month of Ramadan, bit apprehensive and don’t want to insult anyone but…..* am no starvin all day 😂.  

So, our first meal out at about 7pm at a decent restaurant near our apartment which coincides with local ramadanars also being able to eat, the restaurant is about half full so we pop in, no sooner sat down when a waiter appears with two side plates covered with dates, boiled eggs, and 3-4 sweet sticky pastry type things.  This was quickly followed by two large bowls of soup (Harira) with bread, then orange juice and mint tea.  This was also followed by two mini cheeseburgers each with minced lamb, two lamb samosas and two lamb spring rolls, then along came more flatbreads jam/butter/honey……….we hadn’t been in the place 5 minutes nor had we ordered any food 😳.  We ate what we could but had to tell the waiter “no more”, they were about to serve us a lamb tagline each (see below) which was quite a pot full.  Very conscious about not being rude, we paid our bill and left.

After a bit of digging about it turns out that the Ramadan Buffet is quite a popular thing.  It’s an easy way for a restaurant to provide a high volume of food to locals quickly with a fast turnaround.  We didn’t have another Buffet but just ordered off the normal menu, which we could have done on our first meal out 🤷‍♂️

Some of the quantities of food I seen people with was unreal……..don’t let these ramadanars convince you they’ve got it tough……fat bassas 😁

* the locals are actually alright with non Muslims eating during the day so long as your not walking down the street chomping a pizza…..some of the restaurants are open serving breakfast, lunch & dinner as normal.

IMG_2123.jpeg

They've got it rough in Western countries unless they work within their own communities. Where I lived in East London I noticed they shut their shops for the duration and sleep during daylight. Then do nothing but pray and eat from sundown to sunrise. 

Not so easy for them that work alongside you and I. Was a guy at my work ran a red in his empty train and derailed it causing £10m+ in damage. His concentration levels low due to fasting.