Artificial pitches in Scotland Cancerous !?

jock _turd

• jock _turd changed the title to Artificial pitches in Scotland Cancerous !?

My local 3G must be like Chernobyl the amount of rubber pellets that's on it.

1971fozzy

America has banned them has it not ? They are a disgrace and absolutely no place for them. The Livingston pitch in particular is horrendous for pellets.  The sooner they go down the better but stilll doesn’t address their issue.

Wee Mikey
15 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

America has banned them has it not ? They are a disgrace and absolutely no place for them. The Livingston pitch in particular is horrendous for pellets.  The sooner they go down the better but stilll doesn’t address their issue.

Once-upon-a-time:-

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/news/news_20111107_1.php

Now:-

Screenshot_20240322_233325_Google.jpg

That needs immediately dealt with. 

Jeezo. 

Like shut down until changed kind of dealt with. 

Colquhoun76

This isn't new information.  I can remember reading an article about the Dutch linking it to cancer in some players,as some Dutch clubs training pitches were plastic....and that was easily over ten years ago..

12 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Plastic pitches are still used in the NFL but I'm not 100% sure if they use crumb rubber on them or not.

Ex colleague of mine was campaigning on this subject over 20 years ago, due to the possibility of the pellets being carcinogenic. He was a football coach at the time for a local youth teams in the North Edinburgh area at the time.

Jambof3tornado

Remember treating a youth goalie at alloas recs for a cut thigh(sliced very deep by a players bladed boots!!), tried to clean the cut with saline but it was full of bits of rubber!! Flippin nightmare trying to flush them all out!!!

This carcinogenic thing has been doing the rounds for years.

vegas-voss

I can remember reading it about it 5 or so years ago ( might actually have been longer ) but it was actually women in the US that brought it to attention 

Edited by vegas-voss