Season tickets break 10000 barrier!

grumpyjambo

Geoff Kilpatrick

So much for a certain poster and his ticket office claims of 11,500! :rolleyes:

grumpyjambo
So basically we lost around 30% of our season ticket figures

Thank you Mr. Happy. Choo, choo!!!!!!

Nucky Thompson

Still 3 weeks to go, we could easily shift another couple of thousand:)

The Old Tolbooth

Is there the usual complete rip off admin fee charge on top of season ticket prices again this season?

I'm thinking of renewing today if I get the chance.

Nucky Thompson
Is there the usual complete rip off admin fee charge on top of season ticket prices again this season?

Aye, ?3.50.

marshallschunkychicken

I'm going to be a pedant, and say 25%...

Over the phone,I got charged the fee so i'd assume it'll still be on the go,John.

Unfortunately.

Dirk Diggler

Considering what we were served up last season, Those are terrific numbers.

I fully expect the 'I don't believe a word of it, The T.O are obviously rounding up the figures, the real figure will be somewhere nearer 9k' brigade to arrive just shortly.

Riccarton 3

Im sure season ticket sales will increase even further if we get one or two exciting signings.

Im happy with the appointment of shabba and will be getting my two today :)

Im all for one last effort and giving Vlad his ultimate final hooray. If this season turns out like last with the stories of intererence and non triers...then this will be the last for me ans the last for most people I know.

Right now though, im up for another run at the league and cup. :) (aslong as we manage to get a few decent signing in) ;)

If VR brings in a few exciting new players-(Hopefully creative Midfielder and couple of strikers)-Watch that figure jump again-maybe close to last years season ticket total :)

The Old Tolbooth
Aye, ?3.50.

Cheers for that Boo, I really don't see why anyone should have to pay that if they go into the office, pay the cash, and then take the ticket away. I fail to see what admin work they are actually doing :confused:

10,000 ST renewals x ?3.50 = ?35,000 for fekk all :mad:

portobellojambo1

I ordered mine online back at the end of April John and there was a ?3.50 charge included.

Still haven't actually got along to Tynecastle to pick my ST book up, better do so one lunchtime this week as they have to be collected by 26 July 2008.

ToadKiller Dog
Still 3 weeks to go, we could easily shift another couple of thousand:)

yeah they could ,but wouldnt say it would be easy to shift another 2000 st.

I expect around 11,500 max by the time the season starts ,which would not be to bad given last season drop off and a lot of people having less cash in hand due to the increase in cost of living.

DuffKirkMacKenzie

Sorry, YOU'LL have to go on Hibs.net to find out what YOUR ST figures are. :)

Gigolo-Aunt
:P:p

:)

;)

You are right though, considering the amount of ****e that was served up last year, its a respectable amount of Hearts fans pitching up for the new season.

marshallschunkychicken
Just out of interest have Hibs announced anything about Season Ticket sales?

No doubt, like last year, the EEN will have a story on Hearts and Hibs season ticket sales smashing through the 10,000 barrier.

With a small sentence at the end saying that Hibs have sold 8000, but expect to have 10,000 by season kick-off...

Everybody loves Baz
I ordered mine online back at the end of April John and there was a ?3.50 charge included.

Still haven't actually got along to Tynecastle to pick my ST book up, better do so one lunchtime this week as they have to be collected by 26 July 2008.

I'm in the same boat as you Ian, but why do they have to be picked up by the 26th ?

I'm in the same boat as you Ian, but why do they have to be picked up by the 26th ?

yeah me too, i was under the impression they were sending them out if we didn't collect them???

Drylaw Hearts
Considering what we were served up last season, Those are terrific numbers.

I agree.

We're probably looking at around 11,000 in total by the time the Season get's underway, which isn't bad at all.

portobellojambo1

I am not sure of the significance of next Saturday Colin, but the online booking receipt has a section highlighted indicating that is the date you must collect your ST book by (from The Ticket Centre).

When I booked it online I just assumed they would fire it into an envelope and stick it in the post. I was actually thinking of nipping across today to pick it up, but it is p i s s i n g down, and a morning/afternoon sitting in front of the box watching the golf is looking much more appealing at the moment.

Everybody loves Baz
I am not sure of the significance of next Saturday Colin, but the online booking receipt has a section highlighted indicating that is the date you must collect your ST book by (from The Ticket Centre).

When I booked it online I just assumed they would fire it into an envelope and stick it in the post. I was actually thinking of nipping across today to pick it up, but it is p i s s i n g down, and a morning/afternoon sitting in front of the box watching the golf is looking much more appealing at the moment.

Lucky you mate, i've got a Kiddies party/BBQ to attend.

Just what i need.

Anyway looks like i'll need to go in myself sometime this week then.

Thanks for the info Ian.:)

I got my old dear to pick mines up the other day and she was told that those that aren't collected will be sent out in the post.

Nucky Thompson
Just out of interest have Hibs announced anything about Season Ticket sales?
Have Hibs announced anything about anything to their fans:)

After reading this article think I'll be keeping my wad in my pocket.:o
That pathetic article absolutely reeks of sour grapes... It'll be your loss if something like that has convinced you not to renew...IMO

If you don't pick them up by 28th July, they'll be posted out to you.

Cheers for that Boo, I really don't see why anyone should have to pay that if they go into the office, pay the cash, and then take the ticket away. I fail to see what admin work they are actually doing :confused:

10,000 ST renewals x ?3.50 = ?35,000 for fekk all :mad:

Yeh it really gets on my 3d bits

It's all very well talking about concert booking fees and saying this is normal practice ( or even cheap at the price :wacko: ) but to me this should be an 'overhead' that HMFC deal with ...........as I assume they HAVE done for the past 60+ years or so :mad:

I booked and paid for my ST online back in April, I have since been to pick it up, but if you don't by July 26th, they will be posted out to you.

As for admin charges-they really pi$$ me off too. If Tesco added ?3.50 to my bill when I bought stuff from them, I'd say GTF and go elsewhere. Problem is with STs we don't have a choice, if you want one you have to buy it via HMFC.

Pants Shaton
Yeh it really gets on my 3d bits

It's all very well talking about concert booking fees and saying this is normal practice ( or even cheap at the price :wacko: ) but to me this should be an 'overhead' that HMFC deal with ...........as I assume they HAVE done for the past 60+ years or so :mad:

Mr Burns:"And to think, Smithers, you laughed when I bought Ticketmaster. ?Nobody's going to pay 100% service charge' "

Smithers:"It's a policy that ensures a mix of the rich and the ignorant, sir."

Billy the Jambo

The ?3.50 booking fee is a fecking rip off .I went yesterday to buy a season ticket and had ?300 cash with me when the woman at the desk asked me if i wanted cup top up on my ticket i said yes .She told me the total sum was ?308.50 when i asked what the extra money was for she said ?30 for the top ups and ?3.50 booking fee she had to take the extra of my card . I remember for years we used to get into EVERY game at Tynecastle with your ST including reserve games . It was pieman who started this top up rip off but the mad one who started the booking fee farce . I think the Federation if there is still such a thing should start kicking up a fuss about this ?3.50 booking fee

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I bought mine this morning

Sitting next to the directors box section R

The ?3.50's a nonsense likes

marshallschunkychicken
The ?3.50 booking fee is a fecking rip off .I went yesterday to buy a season ticket and had ?300 cash with me when the woman at the desk asked me if i wanted cup top up on my ticket i said yes .She told me the total sum was ?308.50 when i asked what the extra money was for she said ?30 for the top ups and ?3.50 booking fee she had to take the extra of my card . I remember for years we used to get into EVERY game at Tynecastle with your ST including reserve games . It was pieman who started this top up rip off but the mad one who started the booking fee farce . I think the Federation if there is still such a thing should start kicking up a fuss about this ?3.50 booking fee

The ?3.50 is nothing to do with Vlad, or even to do with Hearts.

It's a charge levied by ticketmaster for each transaction using their system.

Captain Lithuania
Im happy with the appointment of shabba and will be getting my two today :)

Im all for one last effort and giving Vlad his ultimate final hooray. If this season turns out like last with the stories of intererence and non triers...then this will be the last for me ans the last for most people I know.

Right now though, im up for another run at the league and cup. :) (aslong as we manage to get a few decent signing in) ;)

If we finish in the top 6 I will be happy, if we finish above hibs I will be happier.

As stated some time ago, I won't be in a position to buy a season ticket now. Had VR delivered much earlier I could have put the cash away but not now unfortunately.

I had hoped that something was going to happen giving me some spare cash to buy one but I don't think that will happen now. However, now we have a manager, I will return to attending games and will definitely (assuming we have a manager or are at least being run like a football club then) get one next year.

The ?3.50 is nothing to do with Vlad, or even to do with Hearts.

It's a charge levied by ticketmaster for each transaction using their system.

What the h.... have they (ticketmaster) got to do with someone paying cash at the ticket office -- this is an organised rip off -- you pay cash and they want a fee -- i could just about understand if you used a credit card etc but cash !!

I have written to them and stated that I am willing to buy another season ticket for a relative but will not pay the fee -- ?300 cash or nothing -- you decide -- you can get a discount at the vast majority of shops etc and we want to charge people more for the 'pleasure' of buying a ticket -- for a 'product' that may turn out to be the same s... as last year.

Dirk Diggler

It's ?3.50 ffs.

If it's that much of an issue, I'd suggest paying ?250 - ?500 for a season ticket at Tynecastle wasn't a wise move.

We all know that it exists, It did last year, and the year before that.

:rolleyes:

Rudolf's Mate
After reading this article think I'll be keeping my wad in my pocket.:o

Despite them not winning away from home they only actually lost one away from home and that was to Nigeria 1-0. It was also the only game they lost in the group.

On a more positive note. Obua scored 5 goals in the group and got a hat trick in one game!

As someone else posted. Sounds extremely like sour grapes. One minute we're being told by the press from Uganda that he had a fantastic relationship with everyone including the head of the federation yet somehow the observer has found quotes this guys meant to have made!

Mmmm :rolleyes:

bilstonjambo

i renewed yesterday bought my ticket and my brothers, i really dont know why, i regretted it as soon as i handed the cash over, i just couldnt help myself, i suppose HMFC is a way of life and i cant give up the habit.

BTW i wasnt charged the ?3.50 admin fee!!

Archived