Your top 3 most boring spectator sports…are ?

Angel eyes

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• been here before

• highlandjambo3

• PortyJambo

• Angel eyes

F1 I'll give you, but cricket and snooker are wonderful sports. Incredible depth, subtlety and technique.

Was going to suggest Ross County v Hibs games, but County have just scored! 😁

been here before

Golf

Snooker

Tennis

F1

Basketball

I know thats 5 but its impossible to leave two off.

John Findlay

For me F1, Baseball, and synchronised swimming.

PortyJambo

Horse racing, F1, anything where they go round and round...and round, and there's not much in the way of human athleticism involved.

Ice hockey....because I can never see where the puck is :lol:

stuart500

F1 (mega yawn)

Sumo wrestling (mega yuk )

American football (mega helmets)

Favourite after football = Brazilian beach volleyball. 

PortyJambo

And, if I could add another 3, gymnastics, ice skating and synchronised swimming too, where any score is dependant on what a judge thinks and it's not that clear to inexpert viewers what they're actually looking at.

martoon

F1, and the sports so beloved of the Americans.

Total mystery to me why they're popular as spectator sports.

I'm not a fan of rugby, cricket, golf...but I can see why others would enjoy watching them.

Malinga the Swinga

Dressage, gymnastics and diving. All judgemental, decided by technical standards no-one outside judging panel can understand and winners impossible to separate from also rans.

Lone Striker
12 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Dressage, gymnastics and diving. All judgemental, decided by technical standards no-one outside judging panel can understand and winners impossible to separate from also rans.

Thats a good point. They need a former competitor doing the commentary to explain it to viewers. 

Apart from tennis, football, rugby  and athletics, all other sports are shite as a spectator event (imo)   

Ulysses
15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'll nominate figure skating as well.

Ulysses
10 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Football is pretty dull most of the time.

They should combine it with F1.

Toxteth O'Grady

Rugby - the ball is rarely in play.

Cricket - days and days of nothing

F1 - the guy with the fastest car wins but it takes a long time and they have a meaningless day on the day before the race.

Jamboross

Test cricket I'll give you but limited overs matches (ODIs, T20 etc) can be a great watch, been meaning to head down to The Grange for a Scotland game for years but never got around to it. 

Most boring for me are golf, F1 (used to love it but a total snoozefest in the modern era) and darts. 

I P Knightley

In person, rather than on TV:

Golf

Motor racing

Cycle road races

Tour de France (big line of trucks/vans/cars and then a melee of cyclists who are past you in the blink of an eye)

Formula One (or any car racing really)

Any sport involving a ball is worth watching.

Totally dependent upon live viewing or TV.

Golf, for instance. Never been to an event but I get the feeling you'd either sit by a green all day watching a few shots come in every 15 minutes or you'd stand by a tee and watch 3 tee shots every 15 minutes or you'd follow a 3-some and see, maybe, 210-odd shots over the course of 5+ hours.

However - watch it on TV and you'll see just about every shot, the good shots multiple times, each one commented upon without bias by a highly knowledgeable expert. You'll also get wee snippets of info regarding pin positions and hazards.

Fencing I find unwatchable because it all happens too bloody fast whether on TV or live.

Ice hockey on TV - similar but live...I'll have some of that!

I guess something like a normal stage of Le Tour de France. Go for a flat section and they'll be past you in seconds. Fast and impressive as **** (I'd imagine) but nip away for a pish and you might miss them! A mountain stage could be fun, maybe. But televised - again, gimme that.

I reckon some of the subjectively judged ones, even though the skill of the participants is out of this world, would fit the not-that-mush-fun-to-watch criteria. Synchronised swimming, ice dancing, gymnastics...all superb athletes but judged.

That thing you do
2 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

F1 , cricket & snooker is there anything worse than they 3 ?

Cricket 100% top

Baseball 

Ice Dancing

Radio Ga Ga

F1 - boring apart from the start when there might be a pile up (surprised so many other posters had this down as I was under the impression it was very popular)

American Football  - game lasts for nearly four hours despite 4 x 15 min quarters and the ball is only in play for, on average, ELEVEN minutes! At the game for four hours for eleven minutes of action, SHITE sport. 

Basketball. 

Rousset1

F1

Tiddlywinks

Stare Out World Championship Finals

Legend Claws
10 hours ago, been here before said:

Golf

Snooker

Tennis

F1

Basketball

I know thats 5 but its impossible to leave two off.

Basketball?! The pace is incredible 

henrysmithsgloves

Conkers 

Subbuteo

Cricket 

Not necessarily in that order 

been here before
28 minutes ago, Legend Claws said:

Basketball?! The pace is incredible 

Team 1 goes down and had a throw... Team 2 goes down and has a throw... Team 1 goes down and had a throw... Team 2 goes down and has a throw... Team 1 goes down and had a throw... Team 2 goes down and has a throw... Team 1 goes down and had a throw... Team 2 goes down and has a throw... Team 1 goes down and had a throw... Team 2 goes down and has a throw... 

...for an hour.

escobri

Test cricket (play all week for a draw)

Rugby Union (Sport for Ruperts & piss drinkers)

Ice hockey (like it but can never see the puck on tv)

Debut 4

What’s cringe is the way they try to add some razzmatazz to dull sports by copying football. 

Sure I saw smoke cannons at the world boolin’ when I caught it on tele 🤣

King prawn
27 minutes ago, been here before said:

Team 1 goes down and had a throw... Team 2 goes down and has a throw... Team 1 goes down and had a throw... Team 2 goes down and has a throw... Team 1 goes down and had a throw... Team 2 goes down and has a throw... Team 1 goes down and had a throw... Team 2 goes down and has a throw... Team 1 goes down and had a throw... Team 2 goes down and has a throw... 

...for an hour.

Not to mention they’re all as tall as the hoop if they reach up. Team 1 goes down and places it in the hoop etc. 

Radio Ga Ga
33 minutes ago, been here before said:

...for an hour.

:spoton:

I only really like football so probably the wrong person to ask. I do occasionally take a passing interest in Wimbledon (particularly Murray's progress when at his peek) Also snooker when Stephen Hendry was smashing it.

But, football is pretty much it for me. Nothing else gets my juices flowing.

Cricket, rugby, basketball. But I could keep going and add American football, squash, baseball, Aussie Rules, snooker, motorsport...

41 minutes ago, been here before said:

...for an hour.

It really is too score happy. Its like "oh look another basket/goal" 

That's what I like about football; when a team scores, it feels more of an event, like, YAAAAAAASSS!

where in basketball its more like, yay! 

I did love my Chicago Bulls hat when I was 12 though

Bindy Badgy
11 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Golf golf and golf

:spoton:

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, been here before said:

...for an hour.

yup, utterly tedious.

Angel eyes
9 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Test cricket 

F1 

Showjumping and dressage 

6-EA4-D74-B-A61-E-4-EAB-B06-B-17-FF4-C2-
Showjumping & dressage …….Mm