James Mcfadden

innerjambo

Maybe he likes the way we play and can appreciate the tactics and coaching style of our manager.

He's clever and been around. I'll bet he's done his badges and studies the game. This isn't Kris Boyd we're talking about... 

McFadden is knowledgeable and impartial and he has a tremendous insight into football, such a shame he isn't involved in coaching, he seems to have taken the pundit route and set his stall up that way. He works well and shows up tops even when placed in the more professional set up of BBCs Five Live for some Premiership games down south.

He's also managed to make Open Goal listenable which is some feat to be fair.

LarrysRightFoot

I like McFadden but think McCann is a better pundit tbh. 

Michael Stewart does my head in but at least he makes for decent entertainment which far too many of them don’t. 

A_A wehatethehibs

He’s a really good pundit it’s not just Hearts but every team he always tries first & foremost to find the positives and focus on the positives. Just a positive guy. Sadly too rare a thing in Scotland 

henryheart
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Michael "could of/should of/would of" Stewart could learn a thing or two from McFadden. A once decent pundit has become an absolute joke, and has been reduced to trying to be controversial just for the hell of it. 

I have to say I agree. His constant "oh come on.." (said sarcastically) and "that was never a foul/booking/sending off is extremely tedious and it as if he genuinely thinks that he is always right, which he increasingly is not. He seriously needs to go away and read the rules of football.     

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Michael "could of/should of/would of" Stewart could learn a thing or two from McFadden. A once decent pundit has become an absolute joke, and has been reduced to trying to be controversial just for the hell of it. 

That is Michael Stewart's big failing as a pundit. He goes out of his way to be outspoken and controversial, instead of giving measured and calm assessment. Much like the way he played, waving his arms, pointing all over the place and blaming everyone else bar himself. Nothing has changed.

His opinion would count for much more if he conducted himself like he knew the rules and wasn't obviously seeking attention.

RedStarRiot

McFadden is a fair pundit. 

He was a cracking player, shame he was involved with Scotland during such a poor period with a real lack of talent around him. Imagine him in this current team? He’d be a real difference maker going into the Euro’s

Hector Riva
13 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

That goal in Paris🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Spot on 👌

Bull's-eye

Don't mind Faddy at all, he literally has no competition though, that includes the presenter's.

Might not agree with things he says sometimes but you know he's unbiased and not got his tongue rammed up one half of an arse cheek.

Surprised he's still in a job as he doesn't fit the profile of the usual Scottish pundit/presenter at all.

Edited by Bull's-eye

WASTREL
16 hours ago, innerjambo said:

What a great guy, always remains unbiased with his comments. It's almost as if he's a Jambo, never has a bad word to say about us.

He did have a spell in our Academy

WASTREL
15 hours ago, Tazio said:

The story goes that his old man pulled him out the club as he wasn’t happy he wasn’t being given the preferential treatment he “deserved”. The old man is a bit of an arse by all accounts. 

The version I heard was that Faddy assauted the ref in a game after being given a talking too for persistent fouling  After the game his Academy Coach asked Faddy to apologise to the Ref but his Dad forbade it. Hearts then expelled him from the Academy and his Dad took him to Motherwell. And yes his Dad is/was a bit of a Nob.

Canscot
7 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Yes even the match commentators missed it. Ref clearly raised his arm to indicate offside yet not mentioned at the time.

I think “Oor Laurie” on Hearts TV caught the offside!👍