James Mcfadden

innerjambo

innerjambo

What a great guy, always remains unbiased with his comments. It's almost as if he's a Jambo, never has a bad word to say about us.

innerjambo

He's actually very complimentary towards us. Hope he's invited to the vip lounge after games at Tynecastle 😁

Best pundit the BBC have without a doubt. Manages to stay impartial unlike the other twats. 

Edited by flem

BelgeJambo
1 minute ago, flem said:

Best pundit the BBC have without a doubt. Manages to stay impartial unlike the other twats. 

It’s a pity there aren’t more neutrals like him and rid our screens of dicks like Boyd, Miller, Sutton, Lennon, Hartson, Hutton and the likes

7 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

What a great guy, always remains unbiased with his comments. It's almost as if he's a Jambo, never has a bad word to say about us.

Yes - he's an excellent pundit and always comes across very well. Always seems quite humble as well despite being a very good player. He was very unfortunate to play at a time when the national team was probably the poorest it has been in the last 50 years. Far worse players than him have played for Scotland at World Cups and Euros.

avhudtheteeshirt

Pity he never noticed the offside when Craigy supposedly kept us in the game in the 1st half!

Craig took the kick near the 18 yard line, but no one noticed that.

innerjambo
2 minutes ago, stirlo said:

Yes - he's an excellent pundit and always comes across very well. Always seems quite humble as well despite being a very good player. He was very unfortunate to play at a time when the national team was probably the poorest it has been in the last 50 years. Far worse players than him have played for Scotland at World Cups and Euros.

By far the best pundit at present. Such a likeable person too.

Gundermann
13 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Thought that too. I used to like Michael Stewart but he's been awful in recent times and sounded like a Hibee tonight.

martoon

I like Faddy.

He was with us a young lad, I believe, and his time at Edinburgh's finest has made it's mark.

One of the few who called out our scandalous treatment in 2020.

Jamboross
Just now, martoon said:

I like Faddy.

He was with us a young lad, I believe, and his time at Edinburgh's finest has made it's mark.

One of the few who called out our scandalous treatment in 2020.

Was just about to say this. Had an 'S-Form' with us as a teenager before he went to Motherwell so perhaps retains a bit of a soft spot for us. 

Des Lynam

Brilliant pundit. He comes across well and is unbiased which is refreshing for the BBC. 

martoon
2 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Was just about to say this. Had an 'S-Form' with us as a teenager before he went to Motherwell so perhaps retains a bit of a soft spot for us. 

Aye.

He's a good lad.

Deevers

He’s always pretty grounded in his opinions. Michael Stewart take note.

tian447
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

He’s always pretty grounded in his opinions. Michael Stewart take note.

But that involves reading and writing. 

business-commerce-desk_bin-desk-desk_org

24 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Agree.

Said so on the natch thread.

RustyRightPeg

I always think he’s too biased. I also always think he doesn’t give us enough credit. Particularly on open goal. 

innerjambo
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I always think he’s too biased. I also always think he doesn’t give us enough credit. Particularly on open goal. 

Well there's always one, a minority at that.

Disagree drastically.

kingantti1874

McFadden is always very fair with us.  Maybe a little bit of affection given his time at the club

BelgeJambo

That goal in Paris🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

McNelly15

Definitely the best pundit in Scotland. By some distance aswell. 

Would love someone to score a goal like his against France in the semi 🥳

innerjambo
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

McFadden is always very fair with us.  Maybe a little bit of affection given his time at the club

I would say it's quite noticeable 

Thomaso
50 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Did he not go to Hearts as a boy but got released?

Edit. Sorry just seen comment above

Edited by Thomaso

52 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Totally agree, noticed that when he first started doing media he rarely says a bad word about the club. 

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Did he not go to Hearts as a boy but got released?

Edit. Sorry just seen comment above

The story goes that his old man pulled him out the club as he wasn’t happy he wasn’t being given the preferential treatment he “deserved”. The old man is a bit of an arse by all accounts. 

Thomaso
3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The story goes that his old man pulled him out the club as he wasn’t happy he wasn’t being given the preferential treatment he “deserved”. The old man is a bit of an arse by all accounts. 

Pity

innerjambo
11 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Pity

Yeah, just the sort of player we would have relished back in the day.

1 hour ago, stirlo said:

Good guy. As you rightly say, he was a very good player. 

Good knowledge of the game and seems genuinely interested in the teams contesting the game he attends. 

innerjambo
Posted (edited)

I've also noticed, that he defends us, when being slagged off. Top pundit for sure 👍 

Edited by innerjambo

PaddysBar
17 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I thought he got released because he was deemed too small by a certain age but your story does ring a bell in my beer addled brain😀

innerjambo
2 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I thought he got released because he was deemed too small by a certain age but your story does ring a bell in my beer addled brain😀

That was a good call......🙄

jack D and coke

A brilliant lad. Just so positive and such a Scotland man too😍

Jambo-Fox

He’s honest in what he says albeit rather bland!

innerjambo

He's not excitable, that's for sure. But sees it how it is, and definitely the best pundit for us.

boag1874

He is very likeable. Always comes across knowledgeable and fair.

Helps too that he was my first real Scotland hero as a kid 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

innerjambo

A breath of fresh air. One of the true stand outs in Scottish football.

innerjambo

Very balanced and fair tbh. Out of all the BBC pundits, he is a million miles ahead of the others. 

Corstorphine Jambo
59 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

That’s the story I remember from a few years back. I assume there’s much more science around likely growth of youngsters nowadays. Although I’ve heard there are some decent players well under 6ft……….

Nelly Terraces

I think the fact that he also covers the English game via Radio 5 Live gives him a different perspective & makes him far more broad minded & less parochial than the rest of them up here who are totally in the ‘big fishes in a small pond’ category. 

gregzy2k7

He's a Motherwell man through and through, but he is very impartial to most teams even If it's against his beloved Motherwell. 

I like him,

Scotland legend inaw.

waterboy11

He’s exactly as a pundit should be. Slightly biased towards his own team but overall neutral. 

gives good insightful analysis unlike just rage and nonsense from many other pundits 

Robbo-Jambo
56 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

He's a Motherwell man through and through, but he is very impartial to most teams even If it's against his beloved Motherwell. 

I like him,

Scotland legend inaw.

Good to see he supports the club he started out with.

Michael "could of/should of/would of" Stewart could learn a thing or two from McFadden. A once decent pundit has become an absolute joke, and has been reduced to trying to be controversial just for the hell of it. 

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, innerjambo said:

By far the best pundit at present. Such a likeable person too.

this.

Ricardo Quaresma

True that all the others are either dense, sychophantic or head's gone

Ex member of the SaS
10 hours ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Pity he never noticed the offside when Craigy supposedly kept us in the game in the 1st half!

Craig took the kick near the 18 yard line, but no one noticed that.

Yes even the match commentators missed it. Ref clearly raised his arm to indicate offside yet not mentioned at the time.