Semi Draw

neilnunb

Should have some players back by then - Kent; Halks; Hoff; mackay; Oda. And perhaps Boyce!! We’ve done well without them but great to have options 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Percival King

• Lambert Simnel

• Pasquale for King

• the posh bit

gregzy2k7

Worst draw out of the 3 we could have got imo,

But not much we can do about it,

We really need to show up for once against Rangers in a big match,

Havent done this for a while, btw is the stat true that we have never beaten rangers at Hampden?

too many times players kack there breeks against that lot especially in Glasgow, we need to stay calm and play the game and not the occasion this time.

Hopefully we will have Kent back fit, he increases our chances if fit.

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Both on Viaplay but bbc can show one

Thanks. 

9 hours ago, Section Q said:

Us v Tic in the final would be the ticket.

3rd place and Europe in the bag and all to play for.

I want to see us beat celtic in the final. Should have done it last time. 

9 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

A joint statement with Aberdeen tomorrow demanding a 50/50 split of tickets for both semis, please.

I am still raging about Ramgers getting the whole of the North Stand for the League Cup semi.

Why? We had the chance of more tickets but clearly didn’t need them. That will also be the case this time 

The Treasurer
8 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Why? We had the chance of more tickets but clearly didn’t need them. That will also be the case this time 

There will be more demand for tickets for the Scottish Cup than there was for the LC 

been here before

Anyone used the 'whoever wants a ticket wiil get one' line in anger yet?

GinRummy
12 minutes ago, ecky92 said:

Because if we don't sell them they can be offered to Rangers. That's fair no?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Because if we don't sell them they can be offered to Rangers. That's fair no?

That’s what happened last time? 

GinRummy
Just now, ecky92 said:

That’s what happened last time? 

Ok. So we get the chance to sell half the tickets then give any unsold to Rangers?

Ex member of the SaS

I get mad at the " Rangers" end of our national stadium. There should be a rule that the further you have to travel the end nearest your starting point is the end you get. Can't remember if Sevco end is further from us or is it the Celtic end? No matter they shouldn't have preference .

As for the draw, we all knew the bigots would be kept apart and Leigton's fingers were burning picking the balls. We would have to beat one of them to win, now we just have to beat both! Easy peasy.

soonbe110
10 hours ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

Already conspiracies flying about. Despite the fact Rangers and Celtic have been drawn against each other in just about every semi final in recent memory 

Some folk just can’t help themselves. 
In terms of guaranteeing group stage football it’s about as good a draw as we could wish for.  In terms of winning the cup we were always likely going to have to beat Rangers. More likely to happen in a semi than a final esp if they are still in Europe. They play Celtic  two weeks before semi, could have euro tie on Thursday before semi and will probably be playing Celtic again the week after semi. The semi will be bottom of their priority list in amongst all those games. Pretty decent draw imo. 

Hearts1975

Assuming that Celtic play the sheep on the Sat 

If Celtic win, then we go into the Sunday with no pressure, and 3rd place all but secured in terms of Europe 

Although its probably the worst draw for us, this just might work out in our favour ..... 

AC Mallin_51

Have we ever won the cup whilst playing none of the games at tynecastle?

Percival King
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I get mad at the " Rangers" end of our national stadium. There should be a rule that the further you have to travel the end nearest your starting point is the end you get. Can't remember if Sevco end is further from us or is it the Celtic end? No matter they shouldn't have preference .

As for the draw, we all knew the bigots would be kept apart and Leigton's fingers were burning picking the balls. We would have to beat one of them to win, now we just have to beat both! Easy peasy.

I'm pretty sure that the stats show that before draws were televised, Rangers and Celtic were more often than not drawn apart in semis. Different story now and they're drawn together more often in the semis. Suggesting Leighton being complicit in some sort of fix would be like suggesting Skacel, Robbo or any other Hearts legend would be complicit in fixing an unfavourable draw for Hearts but which favoured the uglies, should they have been doing the draw. Leighton will have wanted Aberdeen to get Hearts in the semi.

Nelly Terraces

Wonder when we can expect to hear what day & time our game will be? Hopefully those in charge can get this sorted asap. 

Hopefully the gers get pumped out of Europe, will give us a chance of the Saturday 

3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Paranoid lunacy. I can just see Aberdeen legend, Jim Leighton, agreeing to fix the draw, live on national TV, so the Old Firm get kept apart and Aberdeen get to face the Champions and the club that have won it the most times. Yip, that definitely happened. 

Disser Pointon
2 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Wonder when we can expect to hear what day & time our game will be? Hopefully those in charge can get this sorted asap. 

Almost certainly the Sunday I would think with the West arse cheek still in Europe currently and potentially playing the Thursday.

Japan Jambo
15 hours ago, Section Q said:

Us v Tic in the final would be the ticket.

3rd place and Europe in the bag and all to play for.

yup, important that Aberdeen get beat by Celtic. If they win we'll be fretting right up till the end of the season AND crucially will not be able to fully plan for group football next season.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Paranoid lunacy. I can just see Aberdeen legend, Jim Leighton, agreeing to fix the draw, live on national TV, so the Old Firm get kept apart and Aberdeen get to face the Champions and the club that have won it the most times. Yip, that definitely happened. 

On this I wholeheartedly agree. 😎

hmfc_liam06

Should we get a 50/50 split? Yes.

Will we sell out 50% of the stadium? No.

But we should be given the chance and any remaining handed over.

Gimme an H...

I'm sure I've read this somewhere before but it still seems to unbelievable - have we ever beaten Rangers at Hampden?

Pasquale for King

About time we gave them a game, ditch the 3 at the back though as we allow them to get into a rhythm and play in the spaces where they want to. 

Nelly Terraces
22 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Almost certainly the Sunday I would think with the West arse cheek still in Europe currently and potentially playing the Thursday.

Yeah, you'd think so eh. Doesn't really matter much though the Sunday game is normally a later KO time which suits our travelling through easier.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

About time we gave them a game, ditch the 3 at the back though as we allow them to get into a rhythm and play in the spaces where they want to. 

Totally agree. A back 4 is a must. 

Bindy Badgy
13 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

I'm sure I've read this somewhere before but it still seems to unbelievable - have we ever beaten Rangers at Hampden?

Correct. 1998 Cup Final was at Parkhead.

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A back 3 plays into the way Tavernier is most comfortable. We need to be looking to exploit him defensively as he's rank rotten, particularly at the back post. 

Back 4 is the only way to go. If we go for a back 3 and suffer the same yet again it's going to pose uncomfortable questions. 

1 hour ago, Gimme an H... said:

We should make this question and answer a stickie on here. It gets asked every time we are due to play them at Hampden. 

The answer is no, we have never beat Rangers at Hampden. 

Perrykitch

any idea when the league game supposed to be for that weekend will end up happening? is it midweek the following week?

4marsbars
3 hours ago, macg63 said:

Hopefully the gers get pumped out of Europe, will give us a chance of the Saturday 

My guess (and it is a guess) is that because the Sunday is usually the bigger game, and our game is the bigger one because we'll take more fans than Aberdeen and are certainly better than them this season, 

I expect our game to be Sunday at midday regardless of Rangers exploits in Europe.

Might be wrong.......

Boris5115
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

That's all we are asking for. Give it a go and leave everything out on the pitch. Surely we have to give them a game this time. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

That's all we are asking for. Give it a go and leave everything out on the pitch. Surely we have to give them a game this time. 

Questions asked if we try the same tactics that have failed four times already this season..

Percival King
46 minutes ago, Perrykitch said:

any idea when the league game supposed to be for that weekend will end up happening? is it midweek the following week?

Don't think there are any games scheduled for that weekend. The semis usually take place the weekend after the last game before the split but before the first game after the split.

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, Perrykitch said:

Usually a free weekend for SC Semi finals 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Carter said:

A back 3 plays into the way Tavernier is most comfortable. We need to be looking to exploit him defensively as he's rank rotten, particularly at the back post. 

Back 4 is the only way to go. If we go for a back 3 and suffer the same yet again it's going to pose uncomfortable questions. 

Absolutely, hes their main play maker and has to be pushed back where possible as you say hes poor defensively. 

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Worst draw out of the 3 we could have got imo,

But not much we can do about it,

We really need to show up for once against Rangers in a big match,

Havent done this for a while, btw is the stat true that we have never beaten rangers at Hampden?

too many times players kack there breeks against that lot especially in Glasgow, we need to stay calm and play the game and not the occasion this time.

Hopefully we will have Kent back fit, he increases our chances if fit.

I dunno, even though Rangers are currently playing better than Celtic, the hoops will be absolutely snarling the next time we play them now that we've done them twice. I've been wanting a Rangers match at Hampden since the 5-0 to get revenge.

The good news is that at least for the semi, the chances are both OF teams will be totally focused on the league table. Maybe the SPFL will do us a favor and schedule the OF derby either right before or right after the semi.

(yeah that'll totally happen!:rofl:)

sjh1874

We as a support shouldn't go looking for negatives on this one. Every dog has their day. Forget about it if we get shafted on allocations. Forget about what end of that cesspit we get.

Everyone that is able, get your ticket, get your vocal chords well oiled and enjoy that once again we are one game away from another final. I refuse to give the orcs an inch on this one. We need to galvanise as a support and turn up believing that we can win this one. I know we can, we all know we can, sure it'll be a very tough gig but far from impossible.

Be positive. 

GinRummy
28 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

We as a support shouldn't go looking for negatives on this one. Every dog has their day. Forget about it if we get shafted on allocations. Forget about what end of that cesspit we get.

Everyone that is able, get your ticket, get your vocal chords well oiled and enjoy that once again we are one game away from another final. I refuse to give the orcs an inch on this one. We need to galvanise as a support and turn up believing that we can win this one. I know we can, we all know we can, sure it'll be a very tough gig but far from impossible.

Be positive. 

Good post. 

Anyone considering giving it a swerve should remember the 98 final or the 2012 semi. 

The problem is that we will be given the chance to buy tickets in the crappiest seats first, presumably the East. People would be much more likely to buy in the North stand

sjh1874
6 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The problem is that we will be given the chance to buy tickets in the crappiest seats first, presumably the East. People would be much more likely to buy in the North stand

I get it but so far this year I’ve had a seat at Spartans where I couldn’t see the near touchline, our seat at Airdrie was minging and we were stood in water and last night was a right throw back to shocking stadiums.

Enjoyed them all, it’s part of the cup. 

We honestly just need to buy all tickets ASAP and get behind this.

stuartp

Don’t know if this has been mentioned on this topic but can someone on here tell me why the balls used in the draw are numbered on the outside, surly the way they do the euro draws with the teams inside the balls makes it totally impossible to know which team is in the ball. The way this draw is made is open to who ever draws the balls to see the number on the ball before drawing it surly, not that anyone would dream of doing such a thing.

the posh bit
On 11/03/2024 at 22:05, thegreatsd said:

True, although we were a team of walking wounded that day. Hopefully we get it done this time👍🇱🇻

Doesn't matter now because the zombie HUN tramps are out. 😊

Missed this thread but glad to see the conspiracy loonies have been back out re the draw being fixed. 

If we can’t sell all our tickets as the fans are shitting playing rangers in Glasgow then I expect the team will do the same it’s very hibs type mindset when they are playing us.

however if we sell out our end get 50% of the stadium full of Hearts  and inspire the team we might well win this one. 

thegreatsd
1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

Doesn't matter now because the zombie HUN tramps are out. 😊

👍Now they’ve got no excuses when we pump them😀. Mon the JT’s 🇱🇻

the posh bit
Just now, thegreatsd said:

👍Now they’ve got no excuses when we pump them😀. Mon the JT’s 🇱🇻

👌

Benny Klack

Still suspect we’ll be playing on the Sunday - even though the currants are now out of Europe. 12:15 or some other pi5hy kick off time. 

davemclaren
50 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Still suspect we’ll be playing on the Sunday - even though the currants are now out of Europe. 12:15 or some other pi5hy kick off time. 

🥸🤷

Watt-Zeefuik

I was curious if Hearts had ever beaten Celtic and Rangers in the same Scottish Cup competition. Looks like the 1955-56 cup won by the great team with Dave McKay and the Terrible Trio was the only time.

Ironic that we almost did it in the 2019-2020 cup, notable for being such a wretched league campaign (of course it was the 2020-21 team that almost finished it, just a few months before the Brora fiasco).

We have definitely never beaten both in consecutive rounds. In the 56 cup we skunked Rangers 4-0 in a QF at Tynecastle before needing two matches to put away Raith in the SF at Easter Road and finally Celtic 3-1 at Hampden.