Semi Draw

neilnunb

thegreatsd
Just now, the posh bit said:

I wouldn't be using that as a comfort blanket after the final in 2022. 

True, although we were a team of walking wounded that day. Hopefully we get it done this time👍🇱🇻

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Percival King

• Lambert Simnel

• Pasquale for King

• the posh bit

allystrachan

Meh! Celtic beat Aberdeen, were quids in. 

I want to beat Celtic in the Scottish cup final so that dream is still alive. I said after 5-0 at Ibrox it was maybe the reality check we need. 

It’s all shaping up nicely. This cup is ours! 

We’d need to beat them to win the cup anyway and surely we’ll beat them at Hampden at some point! Can’t play much worse than we did at the league cup semi either. 

SectionDJambo

Some great Hearts teams couldn’t beat them at Hampden. Maybe it’s our time now.

Just as well the 1998 final wasn’t played there.

Lambert Simnel
2 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Even chance yet kept apart only once out of six . 

What's the odds ?

It's a one in three chance that they would have been drawn together, not evens. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
23 minutes ago, Wish said:

Due a win against that mob hopefully in the semi 

I know the feeling. Been saying that for a while now though.

HeartsandonlyHearts

They have that ”2 tennis balls and 2 golf balls” down to an exact science.

Thunder and Lightning
22 minutes ago, Tiger said:

The Glasgow two kept apart AGAIN in a semi final draw, what a surprise.

Do you honestly think all these draws are rigged? 

All these different ex players and sponsors are in on it? 

😂 

PaddysBar
Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

😂

And not one person has said a word all these years😂

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, Lambert Simnel said:

Worst draw, but, eh, so what. If Rangers beat Benfica (likely, but not certain) they will have a tough game against a big club three days beforehand. And injuries haven't been to kind to them either.

We won't be favourites, but we'll have a chance. 

The other semi is really important for us too. Celtic win that and we are guaranteed group stage football next year

if we MUST play Rangers, I’d rather it was in the semi and as long as we give it our best shot, whatever will be will be 

gnasher75

A joint statement with Aberdeen tomorrow demanding a 50/50 split of tickets for both semis, please.

I am still raging about Ramgers getting the whole of the North Stand for the League Cup semi.

Edited by gnasher75

Seymour M Hersh

So does this draw mean neither game will be on council telly? Both live on viaplay or whatever stanza call themselves now?

Lambert Simnel
Just now, JimmyCant said:

The other semi is really important for us too. Celtic win that and we are guaranteed group stage football next year

if we MUST play Rangers, I’d rather it was in the semi and as long as we give it our best shot, whatever will be will be 

Yeah, true. You could make a case that the Celtic-Aberdeen game is the more important one for us. I still won't watch it though 🙂

Kennyfragg13

Never know what happens between now and then they could get ravaged by injuries

Obviously Aberdeen would have been a better draw, but if we're going to play Rangers better to face them in the semis than in the final.

manaliveits105
17 minutes ago, leginten said:

Six games against the same team in one season. Our set-up is shite.  

Absolutely but it makes breaking the duopoly harder for any of the other teams so all good for the GFA.

it's so feckin boring for the fans 

Bigger league play twice only is a must  

the real mackay
28 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Rigged baws.

That sounds painful 

Lambert Simnel
3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

😂

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they weren't fixed in the 70s and 80s - so much of football was, especially where decent money was involved (and if you don't believe that, Jim McLean would like a word).

Nowadays, though, I'm sure it isn't - just not worth the possible grief if & when it got out.

Thunder and Lightning
6 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

And not one person has said a word all these years😂

My guess is the Glasgow Mafia faked the moon landings as well. 

Big Drew
12 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Have we ever beaten both sides of the OF to win a cup? 

Beat Rangers 4-0 in quarter final and Celtic 3-1 in the Final in 1956.

We've never beaten Rangers at Hampden - so maybe a first time for everything...

martoon

Bring them on.

We're going to have to win the 2024 Cup the hard way but I believe we can.

FTR, FTC, FTH...FThem all. 😄

Arthur Morgan
26 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Hardest draw without a doubt, if they are still Europe maybe we’ll get them burned out like hibs at the weekend 

The last time we got a burned out Rangers was in the Scottish Cup final and we didn't manage a shot on target.

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

The last time we got a burned out Rangers was in the Scottish Cup final and we didn't manage a shot on target.

trying fo give us a bit of hope here mate 🤣

tian447
13 minutes ago, Lambert Simnel said:

Just a reminder. Motherwell beat them last week. 

Subscribe. 

They are beatable. We just need to not immediately shit the bed and gift them an early goal. 

PaddysBar
3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Neilson’s watch. 

JimmyCant
6 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Sure, but let’s not forget we had to field 3-4 players who were injured or just back and ideally wouldn’t have played and we were running on empty for weeks before that.

Really important to get as many fit and able bodied as possible before that game. Our bench tonight was as weak as it’s been for a good while

Edited by JimmyCant

The good news for us is that we can rest key players for the game but they can’t rest anyone with so much at stake.

hopefully they get through Benifca on Thursday and we’ve got a chance. They’re not that great, hopefully we play with a better mentality than we have in the past against them.

132goals1958
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Sure, but let’s not forget we had to field 3-4 players who were injured and we were running on empty for weeks before that.

Really important to get as many fit and able bodied as possible before that game. Our bench tonight was as weak as it’s been for a good while

Third place sown up before the split and manage the squad for the last five games. 

Guessing we'll get the Sunday on the basis Rangers might be playing in Europe the Thursday before.

King Of The Cat Cafe

A couple of winning games at Hampden before the end of May would help boost the finances - especially since we've had no home games in the cup this term.

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

Newton51
18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So does this draw mean neither game will be on council telly? Both live on viaplay or whatever stanza call themselves now?

Both on Viaplay but bbc can show one

Philfigo
8 minutes ago, Dalry said:

The good news for us is that we can rest key players for the game but they can’t rest anyone with so much at stake.

hopefully they get through Benifca on Thursday and we’ve got a chance. They’re not that great, hopefully we play with a better mentality than we have in the past against them.

Didn't work for us I the final couple of years ago for us. We had 3rd sowed up for weeks prior to it and they played the big euro final and we still barely gave them a game

JamboGraham

Killie, Aberdeen and Motherwell have beaten them this season. As always against either of them we will need all the factors to align. Them a bit off, us at our very best, a big decision or two to go for us. It can be done, we were moments away at Ibrox earlier in this campaign.

Some days will be like the LC semi or the recent drubbing, I think we all know that's always a possible outcome, but often it's not. Hopefully this is our time.

Even the last final against them we did strike the post and still had a late chance with a corner. It just needed one chance, one break that day. This time we have a manager who has proven he can win in Glasgow. No reason not to be confident going into this one.

JimmyCant
7 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Third place sown up before the split and manage the squad for the last five games. 

Aye, as long as ‘managing’ them doesn't entail letting them down tools and playing at half pace (can you imagine THIS team at HALF pace) I’d dangle a carrot at 3-4 kids and see if they can grab the chance

john thomas
28 minutes ago, Lambert Simnel said:

It's a one in three chance that they would have been drawn together, not evens. 

I suppose , in my head , we don't get Aberdeen we get one of them .

But point stands re numbers of times they've confounded the odds

Mikey1874
39 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

No doubt we will be put in our place with the ticket allocation 

SFA are more generous with tickets. Won't be 50:50 but won't be the League Cup split. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
23 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

We hit the post. That’s nearly on target. If only Simms used his left foot.

Philfigo
5 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

We hit the post. That’s nearly on target. If only Simms used his left foot.

Aye, think that was the in the first 5 mins as well and that was pretty much it for the rest of the game. 

132goals1958
9 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Aye, as long as ‘managing’ them doesn't entail letting them down tools and playing at half pace (can you imagine THIS team at HALF pace) I’d dangle a carrot at 3-4 kids and see if they can grab the chance

Was meaning rotating the squad and giving more game time to the youngsters 

Fxxx the SPFL

Rangers away to Ross County on Sunday 14th we’re home to Livi on 13th and Huns possibly have a European game 

Arthur Morgan
32 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

trying fo give us a bit of hope here mate 🤣

😁

1 hour ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Hardest draw without a doubt, if they are still Europe maybe we’ll get them burned out like hibs at the weekend 

Wasn't that what was supposed to happen in the 2022 cup final days after the Europa League final....

The thought of Tavernier getting oceans of space yet again is hard to stomach. We need to turn up this time. 

AlphonseCapone

Folk realise there was a higher statistical chance that Celtic and Rangers would avoid each other than be drawn against each other eh?

37 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Didn't work for us I the final couple of years ago for us. We had 3rd sowed up for weeks prior to it and they played the big euro final and we still barely gave them a game

That was a shocking performance. As was the semi final earlier this season. As was the semi under McPhee. There's a theme and it needs to be corrected. 

Philfigo
1 minute ago, Carter said:

That was a shocking performance. As was the semi final earlier this season. As was the semi under McPhee. There's a theme and it needs to be corrected. 

Agree, lets hope its this time the correction happens. 

PaddysBar
8 minutes ago, Carter said:

Spot on. That McPhee semi was atrocious. 

Percival King

Still on for the Hearts v Aberdeen final I foresaw back at the start of the season, with us winning and lifting the cup in our 150th anniversary strip. It's happening I tell you.