Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

What's wrong with 4.6 inches??

Everything! 

Day@theraces
16 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Looks like Grande drew the short straw for dresses tonight . What a site 

Honestly don't see the appeal in her looks wise. She looks like a 15 year old girl. Add in the fact she's tiny too. I know a good few grown men who have made sexual comments about her. Makes me feel slightly uneasy. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Day@theraces said:

Honestly don't see the appeal in her looks wise. She looks like a 15 year old girl. Add in the fact she's tiny too. I know a good few grown men who have made sexual comments about her. Makes me feel slightly uneasy. 

She looked anorexic last night .

Day@theraces
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And by the looks of her exes is a bit of a size queen.

Day@theraces
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

One genuinely lusted for her more than Christina H and Dallas Bryce Howard. Two beautiful real women 😌

Edited by Day@theraces

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

One genuinely lusted for her more than Christina H and Dallas Bryce Howard. Two beautiful real women 😌

Yuck . Oh if I was the other way I’d def be interested in Christina Hendricks or for the older types Diana Dors when she was a bigger lady . Pat Phoenix was also gorgeous . I see a pattern 😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

And by the looks of her exes is a bit of a size queen.

Who’s her exes ? I only know her from doing a duet with one of my faves La Streisand it was campststic 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

If carlsberg did rivals...
On 10/03/2024 at 17:28, Jim_Duncan said:

The Holdovers was a lovely film; really enjoyed watching it. Reminded me a little of The Wonder Boys

The wonder boys is a great movie, not many people have heard of it.

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

The wonder boys is a great movie, not many people have heard of it.

Think it got nominated for a few Oscar’s 

If carlsberg did rivals...
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Think it got nominated for a few Oscar’s 

Oh, I never knew that. Well, not many people I know have heard of it, but I do hang around with a lot of cave dwellers, so maybe there's a connection!

JudyJudyJudy

Actually Lilly Gladstone shouldn’t feel too down hearted about not winning . Once you get one nomination it usually opens the door to more . I think it took years for Gary Oldman to be recognised and even nominated. Actually it’s quite an esteem group of people who have never won an Oscar for their acting or director . The list is astonishing . Off the top of my head 

Hitchcock 

Kubrick 

Chaplin ( no acting or directing ) 

Greta Garbo 

Irene Dunne ( almost forgotten but an exceptional actress )

Deborah Kerr

Peter Otoole 

Richard Burton 

Cary Grant 

and one which really annoys me 

Barbara Stanwyck ( she was electric on screen ) 

modern day stars like 

Glenn Close

Debra Winger 

Kathleen Turner

Edward Norton

Jake Gallenhall ( superb ) 

many others and to think Gwenyth Paltow and Julia Roberts have one !! 

Day@theraces
24 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yuck . Oh if I was the other way I’d def be interested in Christina Hendricks or for the older types Diana Dors when she was a bigger lady . Pat Phoenix was also gorgeous . I see a pattern 😂😂

Who's the blonde in that famous photo of Sophia Loren seemingly scowling at her assets.

Day@theraces
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Actually Lilly Gladstone shouldn’t feel too down hearted about not winning . Once you get one nomination it usually opens the door to more . I think it took years for Gary Oldman to be recognised and even nominated. Actually it’s quite an esteem group of people who have never won an Oscar for their acting or director . The list is astonishing . Off the top of my head 

Hitchcock 

Kubrick 

Chaplin ( no acting or directing ) 

Greta Garbo 

Irene Dunne ( almost forgotten but an exceptional actress )

Deborah Kerr

Peter Otoole 

Richard Burton 

Cary Grant 

and one which really annoys me 

Barbara Stanwyck ( she was electric on screen ) 

modern day stars like 

Glenn Close

Debra Winger 

Kathleen Turner

Edward Norton

Jake Gallenhall ( superb ) 

many others and to think Gwenyth Paltow and Julia Roberts have one !! 

What film beat the Shining to the Oscar.

JudyJudyJudy
22 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

What film beat the Shining to the Oscar.

The Shining got zero Oscar nominations.  Mad eh ?  Think " Ordinary People " won best film that year.  A dull melodrama with static acting. 

JudyJudyJudy
34 minutes ago, Day@theraces said:

Who's the blonde in that famous photo of Sophia Loren seemingly scowling at her assets.

Oh i cant recall . Ill look it up but i recall it . Might be Jayne Mansfield ?

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh i cant recall . Ill look it up but i recall it . Might be Jayne Mansfield ?

it is 

R (9).jpg

rudi must stay

Delighted for Christopher Nolan it's well earned. Amazing man, my favourite of his films is The Prestige

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Delighted for Christopher Nolan it's well earned. Amazing man, my favourite of his films is The Prestige

Yes that is a great too. Yes hes earned his stripes. 

rudi must stay
24 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes that is a great too. Yes hes earned his stripes. 

The Prestige is the 21st century's Godfather 2 in my opinion. What I love about it is all the musicians and editors he ditched, he knew he had hit his peak with them. He has rotated staff and actors every film 

Ulysses
50 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

The Shining got zero Oscar nominations.  Mad eh ?  Think " Ordinary People " won best film that year.  A dull melodrama with static acting. 

Many critics didn't like The Shining when it came out first, and it was one of those films that developed its reputation over time.  That "slow-burner" effect, combined with the fact that horror movies generally aren't Oscar-friendly, means it's not all that surprising that it wasn't nominated.

Ordinary People was a very good film, in fairness.  I wouldn't be recommending it to people with short attention spans or ADHD, mind you.  :duck:

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Ordinary People was a very good film, in fairness.  I wouldn't be recommending it to people with short attention spans or ADHD, mind you.

My favourite film critic Pauline Kael slaughtered it. I like her critques . 

Ulysses
14 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

The Prestige is the 21st century's Godfather 2 in my opinion. What I love about it is all the musicians and editors he ditched, he knew he had hit his peak with them. He has rotated staff and actors every film 

Er, that's actually not true.  Look it up.

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Er, that's actually not true.  Look it up.

Not his wife obviously she produces the films but everyone else yes rotated 

Ulysses
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

My favourite film critic Pauline Kael slaughtered it. I like her critques . 

I read movie reviews, but I don't pay a lot of attention to who's writing them - even to the extent that I can remember my favourite negative movie review more than 40 years after I read it, but I've no idea who wrote it. :laugh: 

I thought Ordinary People was really good (and really moving) at 18, and still thought so when I saw it again in my 50s.  Mary Tyler Moore was absolutely wonderful, and I suspect she lost out for the Best Actress Oscar because of the character Sissy Spacek played as much as for Spacek's performance.  I never understood why Sutherland wasn't nominated for the Oscar, and of course there were fantastic supporting performances by Timothy Hutton and the brilliant Judd Hirsch.  

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I read movie reviews, but I don't pay a lot of attention to who's writing them - even to the extent that I can remember my favourite negative movie review more than 40 years after I read it, but I've no idea who wrote it. :laugh: 

I thought Ordinary People was really good (and really moving) at 18, and still thought so when I saw it again in my 50s.  Mary Tyler Moore was absolutely wonderful, and I suspect she lost out for the Best Actress Oscar because of the character Sissy Spacek played as much as for Spacek's performance.  I never understood why Sutherland wasn't nominated for the Oscar, and of course there were fantastic supporting performances by Timothy Hutton and the brilliant Judd Hirsch.  

I have most of Kaels film critcisms books. She was quite controversial and critical of American cinema and many popular films . Esp " the sound of music" which she wrote an essay about calling it " the sound of mucus".  From what i can recall she felt the MTM was " non acting " in the film. She was desperatley trying to play the complete opposite of her usual image of the happy go lucky breezy big tooth happy American woman. She said her teeth were terrifying :) I agree. She numb the whole way through it. Yes shes meant to be grieving . I understand that but theres grieving and theres dead .  Donald Sutherland is another good actor badly treated by the academy. Why he wasnt nominted ill never know.  

Pauline Kael loved Brando but hated how he sold out later in his career. Admired Babs Streisand but felt she wasted her acting talent. I agree. But gave " Yentl" an outstanding review. She wasnt too keen on my favourite Bette Davis apart from " All about Eve " and  " The Letter", Her reviews were hysterical at times. She detested the dire " On golden pond " 

Ulysses
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Not his wife obviously she produces the films but everyone else yes rotated 

You look across more than a dozen major films, and he's used two cinematographers, four editors, and four composers (plus one or two brought in to team up with them).  When Ruth De Jong worked on production design for Oppenheimer, it was the first time since the year 2000 Nolan hadn't had Nathan Crowley as production designer.  

So no, not everyone else rotated.  Nolan is known for repeated collaboration with certain people he trusts.  In his acceptance speech last night, Cillian Murphy made a point of thanking Nolan and Thomas for supporting him over a period of 20 years.  I can't exactly recall, but I think Nolan and Murphy have worked together on about 6 or 7 movies over the years.

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Morgan said:

Even for you, that’s a stretch.

😎

I’ll have you know it’s really cold in Scotland… 🔍

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

that old chestnut ! 

redjambo
9 hours ago, Morgan said:

Even for you, that’s a stretch.

😎

I don't think it's going to be stretching anything.

Ray Gin
16 hours ago, Ulysses said:

So no, not everyone else rotated.  Nolan is known for repeated collaboration with certain people he trusts.  In his acceptance speech last night, Cillian Murphy made a point of thanking Nolan and Thomas for supporting him over a period of 20 years.  I can't exactly recall, but I think Nolan and Murphy have worked together on about 6 or 7 movies over the years.

Batman trilogy, Inception, Dunkirk, Oppenheimer.

Ray Gin
23 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

She's 30 :lol:

19 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

If it's wee, it's wee, Nooks.  :clyay:

16 hours ago, redjambo said:

See, that depends if it needs stretching.  :jj:

henrysmithsgloves
16 hours ago, redjambo said:

Not unless that's the girth😳