Kings of Leon

Greedy Jambo

Greedy Jambo

They were good, they got a bit too commercial for me, they were bad. 

This new song is good

vegas-voss

Just like every band that becomes the so called biggest band on the planet they end up going up their own arses.

Greedy Jambo
14 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Just like every band that becomes the so called biggest band on the planet they end up going up their own arses.

Razorlight and Arctic Monkeys are good examples of that, but in both cases it was the lead singer that lost the plot. 

The boys in the band were probably like WTF.

periodictabledancer

I've been singing Supersoaker non stop since reading this thread. 

Brilliant song. 

They were refreshingly different when they first appeared.

Then they cut off the beards and became bland, corporate, MOR shiiiiiiiiiiite

Edited by Cade

Statts1976uk

First two albums were very good then they became just another bland band.

These days and for the last few years they have always struck me as a band who can no longer stand each other but know that they can't make money as solo artists so need each other to keep that cash rolling in.

There was a story going round about their last appearance at Reading/Leeds (doesn't really matter) where they turned up in 4 separate black Range Rovers, did the show and left in them as quickly as possible.

Edited by Statts1976uk

I still absolutely adore the first 2 albums, the 3rd has its moments but then, as other have said it stopped being about the music and solely about the sales, commercial sellouts.

Sadly along with The Black Keys, going from dirty garagey blues, they used to be alright but now they're shite 

zeke1874

Really loved their first few albums. But after that, as has already been said above, they went pretty commercial and lost a lot of what they were about. The 1st 2 albums are quality and really sounded a bit different to any other bands at the time. The 3rd album is one I really like as well. But it's a lot more heavy, as if years of rock band lifestyle made them a bit weary and disillusioned. There's still some great songs on it though..

As sad as it is I can't remember the last time I heard a new band I actually like. Not sure if that's an age thing or bands are just shite now!😔