Celtic fans in main stand/hospitality

Perrykitch

Pasquale for King

The Gorgie stand hospitality was empty, not sure if our fans dont want to go to games against them, or their fans used to and maybe boycotted it. Quite happy 576 of them as opposed to the full end of the wee pals on Wednesday. 

the posh bit
5 hours ago, Perrykitch said:

Not sure if others noticed but there was a fairly large group of Celtic fans in the hospitality section of the main stand, down the front of one of the upper sections which is a few rows in front of me. They were being fairly quiet/under the radar most of the match but they didn’t even bother to “hide” when hearts scored, remaining in their seats while others around them celebrated. Very weird behaviour doing that, but it’s Celtic fans I suppose.

There were some guys in one of the lower sections that appeared to notice and were very much on the GIRUY for each of the Hearts goals. Hope they enjoyed their experience which I’m sure set them back about £100

:jjyay:

What's weird is looking to be offended about just about anything. 

Away fans can buy hospitality tickets, I have done so more than once. They can also sneak into an away end to watch their side, all they really have to do is act like a normal person. 

Anytime I've been to hospitality, Scott Wilson usually quips, If there are any away fans here, just remember that you're sitting in a home stand and that our fans move quicker than our stewards.

This is My Story Podcast
24 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Hate to say this but a lot of empty seats yesterday. Given that we didn't sell all our tickets is it really a surprise that Celtic fans found them instead?

Out attendances in these games is shocking. Something, again, the club needs to address. It’s all fine and well saying we have all these season ticket sales and thousands on the waiting list, well, where are they?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
20 minutes ago, Haken said:

Anytime I've been to hospitality, Scott Wilson usually quips, If there are any away fans here, just remember that you're sitting in a home stand and that our fans move quicker than our stewards.

I've only been once, but it was Robbo who said that line. 😄

I didn't realise they recycled it every week!

Bull's-eye

No issue with it whatsoever, as long as they behave and respect those around them.

As for taking advantage of the Tynecastle hospitality, why not? Its excellent and anybody not having a wee dabble every now and again is missing out.

Absolutely no issue with supporters getting the hump with other supporters who can't keep their gobs shut saying that,  i have myself in the past politely asked Infiltrators to remove themselves pronto pronto before their day gets well and truly spoiled.

Do The Dance

I’ve been hospitality twice at Parkhead for a Hearts game. We won once, and drew the other. It’s open to all.

AlphonseCapone

I suppose there's always a higher risk of away fans at games against the OF now we've cut their allocation and we've got so many scaredy cats that don't go to games against them because we'll get pumped or its too nasty.

Hearts1975
2 hours ago, Perrykitch said:

It’s weird behaviour forking out all that cash to sit uncomfortably in silence surrounded by fans who despise you. Not about celebrating goals. Just don’t see what you’re getting from that experience. 

They might have been given the tickets through corp sponsorship or something. That does happen. if they were being absolute melts then hell mend them if anything kicked off. 

If they were just minding their own business, watching the game, and not looking for any trouble, then it's no biggie

Imo anyway.

Edited by Hearts1975

GBJambo
29 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Out attendances in these games is shocking. Something, again, the club needs to address. It’s all fine and well saying we have all these season ticket sales and thousands on the waiting list, well, where are they?

Agreed but they can’t get in due to ridiculous loyalty point threshold 

gordon simpson
32 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

I thought the crowd was good considering the early kick off and live tv + playing a team who in the past usually win and sing non stop sectarian  songs 

Bungalow Bill
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Did nobody call him out ? 

It wouldn’t have been obvious to anyone that he was a Rangers fan. The person I was with knew them from 5 asides back in the day. 

tartofmidlothian
59 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Hate to say this but a lot of empty seats yesterday. Given that we didn't sell all our tickets is it really a surprise that Celtic fans found them instead?

33 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Agreed but they can’t get in due to ridiculous loyalty point threshold 

I thought about this yesterday when I saw the empty seats, with sales only open to fans with 15 LP before the match. Obviously lots of season ticket holders couldn't make the early kick-off, so why not open up to anyone with 1 LP? Is it something about trying to weed out day trippers who only attend the big games in search of bother?

Philfigo
1 minute ago, gordon simpson said:

I thought the crowd was good considering the early kick off and live tv + playing a team who in the past usually win and sing non stop sectarian  songs 

I thought this as well far better than it has been over last 2 years. Kick off time major factor for some. Also major factor is the LPs being at 15 our support has grown in last couple of years. The feel good factor has people who hadn't been for Tynecastle for ages coming back so we alikely to have large numbers still on low LPs. Hopefully this season will have people building up there LPs for games v old firm and next season we might get near full for them. Also a major factor is now we look like we can give them a game on our day where as years gone by its been like turning up to watch and old firm training session. All positive signs so let's keep I going and have Tynecastle full when the arseholes return.

Japan Jambo
2 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I thought about this yesterday when I saw the empty seats, with sales only open to fans with 15 LP before the match. Obviously lots of season ticket holders couldn't make the early kick-off, so why not open up to anyone with 1 LP? Is it something about trying to weed out day trippers who only attend the big games in search of bother?

appreciate the club doing it's bit to avoid bother but we also need to find ways to make it easy to attract new fans too...

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

thought it was to help stop away fans getting home end tickets

Bungalow Bill
58 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The Gorgie stand hospitality was empty, not sure if our fans dont want to go to games against them, or their fans used to and maybe boycotted it. Quite happy 576 of them as opposed to the full end of the wee pals on Wednesday. 

A contributing factor will be because it’s on a Sunday, folk don’t want to take the next day off work. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Bungalow Bill said:

A contributing factor will be because it’s on a Sunday, folk don’t want to take the next day off work. 

Good point 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

I thought this as well far better than it has been over last 2 years. Kick off time major factor for some. Also major factor is the LPs being at 15 our support has grown in last couple of years. The feel good factor has people who hadn't been for Tynecastle for ages coming back so we alikely to have large numbers still on low LPs. Hopefully this season will have people building up there LPs for games v old firm and next season we might get near full for them. Also a major factor is now we look like we can give them a game on our day where as years gone by its been like turning up to watch and old firm training session. All positive signs so let's keep I going and have Tynecastle full when the arseholes return.

Spot on, my great nephew had to get his pal a ticket for yesterday because of the loyalty points, hes only really available for some games due to work commitments. So he can’t get his LPs up high enough, nobody’s fault really.

jbee647
3 hours ago, Ministryofdad said:

Yeah coperate hospitality at Tynecastle is definitely a perplexing one. 

Cant be housed anywhere else.

But they paid for the ticket. 

Also find it baffling how fans can't get along and enjoy it for 90 mins. 

Rivals or not. 

I despise only one set of fans. Celtic 

Many will be actual guests of companies who put money into Hearts year after year.

Not all our corporate investors have clients or customers solely from Edinburgh.

A good friend of mine has invested in corporate facilities at Hearts for many years, and on occasion he will have customers who are Hibs , Old Firm and even Aberdeen fans, mostly show respect but on occasion after a few drinks the mask will slip.

If Hearts were to say, your guests must all be Hearts fans, they would lose many long standing corporate sponsors 

fabienleclerq

We took their money and behaved, bit of a non story. I've no issues if they are in our end and behave.

Colonel Kurtz

I was in the STrongbow lounge there were no problems

At the match some guy got kicked out for a few pretty stupid remarks about Japan

One guy also was going about the poor chap who was boiled alive in Shogun

tartofmidlothian
3 hours ago, TyphoonJambo said:

thought it was to help stop away fans getting home end tickets

Thought that too, but surely making it just 1 or 2 LP would solve that problem.

GinRummy
2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I was in the STrongbow lounge there were no problems

At the match some guy got kicked out for a few pretty stupid remarks about Japan

One guy also was going about the poor chap who was boiled alive in Shogun

That’s some pretty incredible chat. I take it they skipped discussing early 17th century execution methods in Scotland 😂

Lambo85
5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not many people are that keen on doing hospitality for a 12 kick off on a Sunday.

Thomaso
10 hours ago, Perrykitch said:

Not sure if others noticed but there was a fairly large group of Celtic fans in the hospitality section of the main stand, down the front of one of the upper sections which is a few rows in front of me. They were being fairly quiet/under the radar most of the match but they didn’t even bother to “hide” when hearts scored, remaining in their seats while others around them celebrated. Very weird behaviour doing that, but it’s Celtic fans I suppose.

There were some guys in one of the lower sections that appeared to notice and were very much on the GIRUY for each of the Hearts goals. Hope they enjoyed their experience which I’m sure set them back about £100

:jjyay:

What did you expect them to do when Hearts scored?? I’ve been to Ibrox hospitality and sat on my arse when Rangers scored with a reaction to some Hun bell ends around me! Pathetic behaviour IMO.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Lambo85 said:

Not many people are that keen on doing hospitality for a 12 kick off on a Sunday.

Looks that way 👍🏽

Thomaso
6 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Were most of the empty seats not ST seats?

6 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Yeah I’ve no idea why it’s tolerated either. How do we stop it and fix it?

To buy a ticket for the Home end v the victims you needed 15 loyalty points, quite a lot too many in my view. Got my daughter a ticket for Greenock no loyalty points required, she lives in the Weegieland and has less than 10 loyalty points so couldn't have got one yesterday.

Jambo61
10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I went to Scotland England 150th game in hospitality. They sat me at a table with a family from England.

took the edge of the game for me as I had to be nice, even more so when I and my mater had to stick up for them an account of the abuse they took.  One guy in hospitality spat on the mum.  

long story short, no idea why you’d go into away hospitality in a game like this.  Absolute melts everywhere 

I won hospitality on the BBC predictor, went to Ibrox for a Hearts game, surrounded obviously but everyone was fairly normal, mostly couples up from england and 2 of the hardest benders I've ever seen who were actually alright. Are you suggesting I should only have gone to Hearts hospitality? Weird!

They made the best of a bad choice and situation . Sounds as though they were respectful . No complaints about that . Last time Celtic played at Rynecastle they won the league and there were fat smelly *******s in the home end cheering their goals 

Hmfc1965
6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on, my great nephew had to get his pal a ticket for yesterday because of the loyalty points, hes only really available for some games due to work commitments. So he can’t get his LPs up high enough, nobody’s fault really.

Apart from whoever decided 15 loyalty points was the way to go.

Hmfc1965
44 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

I won hospitality on the BBC predictor, went to Ibrox for a Hearts game, surrounded obviously but everyone was fairly normal, mostly couples up from england and 2 of the hardest benders I've ever seen who were actually alright. Are you suggesting I should only have gone to Hearts hospitality? Weird!

I've been to hospitality at Ibrox and Parkhead.

I really don't see the problem if people behave.