Celtic fans in main stand/hospitality

Perrykitch

Perrykitch

Not sure if others noticed but there was a fairly large group of Celtic fans in the hospitality section of the main stand, down the front of one of the upper sections which is a few rows in front of me. They were being fairly quiet/under the radar most of the match but they didn’t even bother to “hide” when hearts scored, remaining in their seats while others around them celebrated. Very weird behaviour doing that, but it’s Celtic fans I suppose.

There were some guys in one of the lower sections that appeared to notice and were very much on the GIRUY for each of the Hearts goals. Hope they enjoyed their experience which I’m sure set them back about £100

:jjyay:

CloustonHMFC

It’s really not as uncommon as people think for away fans to be in hospitality. 

jamborich

How is it weird behaviour what did you expect them to do? I get the anger about away fans in our seating areas but if they’ve paid for hospitality and behave not sure I’m that bothered 

hughesie27

Would have been weirder if they had acted any differently.

kingantti1874

I went to Scotland England 150th game in hospitality. They sat me at a table with a family from England.

took the edge of the game for me as I had to be nice, even more so when I and my mater had to stick up for them an account of the abuse they took.  One guy in hospitality spat on the mum.  

long story short, no idea why you’d go into away hospitality in a game like this.  Absolute melts everywhere 

Shooter McGavin

Roughly £100+ a pop, to sit and watch their title hopes be shat all over by the Gorgie juggernaut.

Cheers for the cash, you dogs.

:vrwow::greggy::sweeet::Shanks:

jamboozy

When I sat in the Gorgie with my two sons, when we were playing Rangers, and they scored, they would let out loud cheers. They had obviously bought hospitality as they were sitting in that section.

When they outed themselves I used to laugh at the reactions of fellow Jambos, the guy sitting next to me asked me”What’s funny about it” I replied “ We can’t do anything about it, they are just cheering their team scoring a goal “ also,   I didn’t want them to have the satisfaction of seeing me upset.

Bungalow Bill

I had a Rangers fan in front of me on Sunday. He was going mental, can’t say I liked it. 

AlphonseCapone
2 hours ago, jamborich said:

How is it weird behaviour what did you expect them to do? I get the anger about away fans in our seating areas but if they’ve paid for hospitality and behave not sure I’m that bothered 

Aye exactly. We could spend a full day discussing why Celtic fans are weirdos but not reacting to a Hearts goal ain't going to come up.

Perrykitch

It’s weird behaviour forking out all that cash to sit uncomfortably in silence surrounded by fans who despise you. Not about celebrating goals. Just don’t see what you’re getting from that experience. 

DalryJambo

I have no issue in away fans being in home sections of the ground. With a few caveats (and what would prove to be very unlikely circumstances).

They should be sold to home fans first, and only then opened up to away fans. The fans need to be respectfully to others.

For the life of me I can't understand how the fans of almost every other sport in the world can mix before, during and after matches, but for football it's completely impossible. 

It's just a game ffs.

There's genuinely not enough money in Scottish football for us not to take all the moeny we can for ever game.

buzzbomb1958

They are giving money to Hearts and they behaved themselves it probably being the only way to get in so it’s a win win for me , you have to remember that we have some proper assholes in our support

GinRummy
28 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Aye exactly. We could spend a full day discussing why Celtic fans are weirdos but not reacting to a Hearts goal ain't going to come up.

Surely a sportsman like clap of appreciation wouldn't have been too much to ask, They are guests after all.

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Perrykitch said:

It’s weird behaviour forking out all that cash to sit uncomfortably in silence surrounded by fans who despise you. Not about celebrating goals. Just don’t see what you’re getting from that experience. 

Could well have been there on a freebie by organised by some company for their customers etc...

The Hogfather
21 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

I have no issue in away fans being in home sections of the ground. With a few caveats (and what would prove to be very unlikely circumstances).

They should be sold to home fans first, and only then opened up to away fans. The fans need to be respectfully to others.

For the life of me I can't understand how the fans of almost every other sport in the world can mix before, during and after matches, but for football it's completely impossible. 

It's just a game ffs.

There's genuinely not enough money in Scottish football for us not to take all the moeny we can for ever game.

Because the passion and rivalry in football is far greater than in any other sport.

Gundermann
2 hours ago, EH11 2NL said:

Even weirder if they celebrated the Hearts goals 😂

TBH, they let their mask slip when Celtic's pen was awarded.

giphy.gif

Gundermann
26 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

It's just a game ffs.

This post is far too sensible. Seriously lacking on blind moronic hatred. The world needs more Gazas and Ukraines...

Stuart Lyon

Years ago I was at Ibrox with a mate who was a ST holder. He said that the stand he sat in was for away and home fans and only the week before a letter explaining this was left on each seat with a warning to respect the policy. Needless to say when Robb's got us a draw with a very late penalty I was verbally abused by a few huns until my mate and some others intervened.

Ministryofdad

Yeah coperate hospitality at Tynecastle is definitely a perplexing one. 

Cant be housed anywhere else.

But they paid for the ticket. 

Also find it baffling how fans can't get along and enjoy it for 90 mins. 

Rivals or not. 

I despise only one set of fans. Celtic 

meister

As far as folk finding it baffling that away fans would pay for hospitality and sit in with the home fans, then I can presume they've not been fortunate enough to experience Hearts hospitality in the Gorgie Suite.

There's almost always an away table, and they're welcomed and looked after and they get a great day out along with everyone else there.

I know Hibs mates that love Hearts hospitality, and I've a couple of mates who have been to Old Trafford and our game day experience is streets ahead of theirs. It's rated up there among the best in British football by many. 

I'd take it as a compliment that Celtic fans (or any away fans for that matter) are willing to part with their cash to enjoy a day at Tynie.

gordon simpson
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Roughly £100+ a pop, to sit and watch their title hopes be shat all over by the Gorgie juggernaut.

Cheers for the cash, you dogs.

:vrwow::greggy::sweeet::Shanks:

This 

Lambo85

I was in the Executive European Lounge yesterday and there were a few tables of Celtic supporters in.

To be fair, they behaved themselves and were fairly quiet. Left pretty sharp after the match as well which I found amusing.

Edited by Lambo85

Heartsofgold
38 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

It's just a game ffs.

Because football is the most tribal of sports in the world.  Period.  There is still fighting at football grounds all over the world  and that's why the fans are segregated.  Local and national rivalries bring out the worst in people, especially when combined with alcohol.

LarrysRightFoot

I’ve been in hospitality at St.Johnstone and Motherwell when we have played them. No issues. 

Jim_Duncan
44 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

It's just a game ffs.

Because the knuckle scrapers from Glasgow can’t be trusted. The odd Ross County or Dundee fan is a different kettle of fish to a wee group of arrogant, entitled OF fans. 

Why is this still a surprise? Both sides of the OF been booking our hospitality for years. It’s cheaper than their own clubs’ packages (for games they might have tickets for anyway) and a way to get access to an away fixture the fans in question probably are miles off qualifying for ‘legitimate’ tickets. As long as they aren’t giving it GIRUYs if/when they score what’s the issue, they’ve forked out like everyone else.

Smithian

Away dollars spend just as well as Hearts dollars. Let them come and help cover Shankland’s contract.

I’m also fine with mixing of fans, with the caveat of good behavior. It’s a game.

It is only a few idiots who cause 99% of the problems 

pettigrewsstylist
58 minutes ago, Perrykitch said:

To attend a game you cant get a ticket for otherwise?

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Bungalow Bill said:

I had a Rangers fan in front of me on Sunday. He was going mental, can’t say I liked it. 

Did nobody call him out ? 

jamboozy
13 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’ve been in hospitality at St.Johnstone and Motherwell when we have played them. No issues. 

Been in the wee glass cubicles at Motherwell hospitality myself, it was actually a good day.

It was funny seeing all the unhappy’Well fans glowering in at me as I celebrated Jackson’s goal, many years ago now. 

Smithian
1 hour ago, Perrykitch said:

As someone has watched my (American) football team get shellacked many, many a time on the road, that’s just life if you love your team and road venues and tickets are accessible.

The logic of my investment in sports falls apart under scrutiny. Unless you’re a club like Hearts and literally owned by the community, it’s all sort of mad the dollars we pay to watch an outcome that may or may not be enjoyable. 

been here before
3 hours ago, Perrykitch said:

Not sure if others noticed but there was a fairly large group of Celtic fans in the hospitality section of the main stand, down the front of one of the upper sections which is a few rows in front of me. They were being fairly quiet/under the radar most of the match but they didn’t even bother to “hide” when hearts scored, remaining in their seats while others around them celebrated. Very weird behaviour doing that, but it’s Celtic fans I suppose.

There were some guys in one of the lower sections that appeared to notice and were very much on the GIRUY for each of the Hearts goals. Hope they enjoyed their experience which I’m sure set them back about £100

So we can conclude from this very bizarre post that it was Hearts fans that were more likely to cause bother and the Celtic fans were fine?

Batistuta87

There are away fans in hospitality all the time. Even Hibs. I've been as an away fan and generally you just get a bit of banter and nobody minds as long as you're not acting like a dickhead if you win. 

Behaviour is generally fine and away fans especially Hibs take an absolute ripping from Scott Wilson if they dare to identify themselves. Its all a bit of fun and all about how they conduct themselves during the game. They are well warned so as long as they're not celebrating, mouthing off etc, there's no issue. 

As for them staying seated - do you expect them to get up and join in the celebrations when their team loses a goal!? 😆

Edited by Batistuta87

Jambo-Fox

They pay their money, they behave (like normal people), they go home feeling miserable with the result!  No problem!

28 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Because the knuckle scrapers from Glasgow can’t be trusted. The odd Ross County or Dundee fan is a different kettle of fish to a wee group of arrogant, entitled OF fans. 

Twice I've been it was east coast Celtic fans, there wasn't a Glaswegian accent amongst them. To be fair, they were quiet and well behaved. Although it's a bit sad that we congratulate grown men for not behaving like neds.

gorgierulesapply88

You often find that hospitality is fully booked when celtic come to town.

If they miss behave I'm sure plenty hearts fans would react and they will end up with sore faces.

Rocky jamboa

I've been to hospitality a few times when we've played celtic and there is usually a few tims fans there. 

There was a celtic fan with his hearts supporting mate at our table once but he was fine and it was all very civilised. Just having a bit banter about the game so all good.

I believe there has been the odd a-hole who's been at the wind up when they've won but are quickly aware that's unacceptable and I'm sure would be chucked out by the club if took it too far.

As long as they are sensible with it and don't cheer the goals with being in the Hearts end then it's fine. Makes the club a few bucks.

Mister T

Used to be a regular thing in the old main stand back in the 90s early 2000s. 

Get them oot....

And the stewards actually did!

chubby1973
1 hour ago, meister said:

As far as folk finding it baffling that away fans would pay for hospitality and sit in with the home fans, then I can presume they've not been fortunate enough to experience Hearts hospitality in the Gorgie Suite.

There's almost always an away table, and they're welcomed and looked after and they get a great day out along with everyone else there.

I know Hibs mates that love Hearts hospitality, and I've a couple of mates who have been to Old Trafford and our game day experience is streets ahead of theirs. It's rated up there among the best in British football by many. 

I'd take it as a compliment that Celtic fans (or any away fans for that matter) are willing to part with their cash to enjoy a day at Tynie.

I was in the hospitality at old trafford for last years cup tie with Everton and i can confirm ours is head and shoulders above that. It was more like being in a pub with bettys hotpot in the corner.

This is My Story Podcast

There are away fans in 3 out of the 4 stands at tynie. With only one 100% home fan stand, the Wheatfield. The club has to address that. Yesterday was fine cause we won and they had to sit on their hands but the group mentioned was Leith Celtic. They had booked the Strongbow Lounge. Leith Celtic were the same Leith Celtic that were fighting Hearts outside Platform 5 last season. So we got lucky yesterday that they had nothing to celebrate. They were posting on social media pre game about how they were taking over tynie blah blah worked out well for them 😂 yesterday as well we had Celtic fans walk straight through the stewards and into the away end from the home end of the Roseburn, stewards never done a thing. Last season we had Rangers fans jumping out the home end and running into the away end from section N. Club has a real problem with Hearts fans selling and or giving tickets to old firm fans. You could see two or three of them sitting when Grant scored his penalty yesterday, behind the goal in the home end. 

I get that the club make decent money from it but it’s a disaster waiting to happen. Last season we had tri colours and flags with the pope on it in section N at the cup game. They had fans being locked in the toilets to protect them at the game in which they won the league last season as well. This season we had Gary Naismith with 10 of his Celtic mates in the Gorgie, cheering and celebrating in the stand. We had Rangers fans standing on the concourse singing and clapping their team off the park at the 1-0 this season. Feels like at one point, things are going to boil over and trouble will happen. 

Peakybunnet

I was in the Gorgie Suite hospitality last May for the Aberdeen game. At our table of 8 five were Aberdeen supporters. It was all quite civilized with a bit of banter after the game by me and Scott Wilson all well taken. I think if you pay for hospitality in the away ground you need to expect it won’t always be a bed of roses. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Club has a real problem with Hearts fans selling and or giving tickets to old firm

Its condoned on here constantly, Ive said it for years. Evey time there's a game where tickets are at a premium theres folk on here looking for them and posters only too keen to accomodate them and harvest the points.

The tickets could end up anywhere. I've no idea why its tolerated.

FionaHmfc

Police were at the hospitality section all day yesterday so the club obviously knew Celtic fans were there. But fair play to them there wasn’t a spot of bother. Probably a different story if they had won right enough. But fans who actively give their tickets to away fans to sit in amongst the normal fans should be getting their tickets banned IMO. As someone said last year in the season winning game there was celtic fans giving it big licks in amongst our fans and there was kids nearby scared with all the fighting. Not a problem with them in hospitality if they behave as it can be easily managed and monitored but people who give their tickets away for the main stands are arseholes. Stop doing it. 

This is My Story Podcast
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its condoned on here constantly, Ive said it for years. Evey time there's a game where tickets are at a premium theres folk on here looking for them and posters only too keen to accomodate them and harvest the points.

The tickets could end up anywhere. I've no idea why it’s tolerated.

Yeah I’ve no idea why it’s tolerated either. How do we stop it and fix it?

Japan Jambo
4 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Hate to say this but a lot of empty seats yesterday. Given that we didn't sell all our tickets is it really a surprise that Celtic fans found them instead?

Wee Mikey

At least they had the decency to adhere to the rule of 'no away colours' ...

... pretty easy to spot, though, with their choice of 'smart but casual'.

Screenshot_20240304_105443_Google.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

8 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Issue our fans with cattle prods and if an away is caught in the home end he gets zapped till they leave 🤷‍♂️

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Perrykitch said:

Free food and drinks. It seems great beforehand and you’re always up for it, but during the game, it’s absolute torture. You have to control yourself and it ruins the game really. 

Jim_Duncan
53 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Twice I've been it was east coast Celtic fans, there wasn't a Glaswegian accent amongst them. To be fair, they were quiet and well behaved. Although it's a bit sad that we congratulate grown men for not behaving like neds.

OF firms deserve congratulations for having put their shoes on the right feet.