Tait - Gorgie Rules ( merged )

SectionN

rudi must stay
Just now, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

It's from The Merchant of Venice, not a murder mystery.

Ok

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• rudi must stay

• Mikey1874

• Carter

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Ok

Sa8d to Shylock, the Jew. The green brigade probably have a banner.

sirwalter
16 hours ago, Sooks said:

That was Shakespeare. There were murders in his works but I have never heard him described as a writer of murder mysteries before :lol: 

"The Mousetrap" covers all the bases here.

3 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

"The Mousetrap" covers all the bases here.

Perhaps , is it not influenced by Hamlet rather than the Merchant of Venice though ? Either way , great Segway :) 

sirwalter
18 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Sa8d to Shylock, the Jew. The green brigade probably have a banner.

Shylock says: "if you wrong us shall we not revenge?".

Young Tait was paying attention in those English classes!

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

Shylock says: "if you wrong us shall we not revenge?".

Young Tait was paying attention in those English classes!

:lol:

Seems like I did, too.

sirwalter
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Perhaps , is it not influenced by Hamlet rather than the Merchant of Venice though ? Either way , great Segway :) 

Absolutely - and what is "Hamlet" if not a murder mystery? Indeed, the play-within-a-play, the mousetrap Hamlet sets, is entitled "The  Murder of Gonzago". Shakespeare and Hearts beating Celtic - my idea of heaven!

22 minutes ago, sirwalter said:

Absolutely - and what is "Hamlet" if not a murder mystery? Indeed, the play-within-a-play, the mousetrap Hamlet sets, is entitled "The  Murder of Gonzago". Shakespeare and Hearts beating Celtic - my idea of heaven!

No indeed , it was a really nice link I thought . Very apt . I always like the Arabian Nights for the Genius story and the fact that it was a story within a story 

Dallas Green

Every time he plays I get more impressed with the lad. What a player he is going to be.

melton58
On 04/03/2024 at 13:14, OTT said:

I absolutely ****ing love Aidan Denholm, he's giving me Brad McKay PHM vibes. Playing for the jersey every time he takes to the field. 

He just ****ing gets it, and its tremendous to see! Appreciate he's not a stand out when he plays, but his workrate is Devlinesq and the whole back from the brink/ having been released and brought back to now playing pretty regularly for us is absolutely amazing. He's also helped us to some pretty amazing results too. Think he would absolutely run through walls for Naismith for bringing him back and Naisy clearly trusts him too. 

I really hope we see the laddie build a long and successful career here. Having players that get the club and its culture is so important. 

This. He just love being there. Nice to see him involved again. 

melton58
On 04/03/2024 at 13:14, OTT said:

I absolutely ****ing love Aidan Denholm, he's giving me Brad McKay PHM vibes. Playing for the jersey every time he takes to the field. 

He just ****ing gets it, and its tremendous to see! Appreciate he's not a stand out when he plays, but his workrate is Devlinesq and the whole back from the brink/ having been released and brought back to now playing pretty regularly for us is absolutely amazing. He's also helped us to some pretty amazing results too. Think he would absolutely run through walls for Naismith for bringing him back and Naisy clearly trusts him too. 

I really hope we see the laddie build a long and successful career here. Having players that get the club and its culture is so important. 

This. He just loves being there. Nice to see him involved again. 

Edited by melton58

alicante jambo

Fecking brilliant for wee tattie. These type of games will do him no harm at all. What a season its been for the wee man.

alicante jambo
17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Young lad just been called up for under 19’s

Its brilliant clerry he deserves it .

jamboozy
36 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Well deserved and not before time.

Superb, well chuffed for the young man, thanks for sharing.👍

BigAlim
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Are any of our other youngsters knocking on the door FF? I liked the look of Liam MacFarlane the few times I’ve seen him

fast_blood
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Woody Williamson??! The parents need locked up for that.

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Are any of our other youngsters knocking on the door FF? I liked the look of Liam MacFarlane the few times I’ve seen him

Liam's a year older than Macaulay, so it would have to be the U21s.  Really needs to be with the first team or out on loan to be considered at that level.

I see that Rory Whittaker is included. Bobby McLuckie gave him the run around last week. Sandilands, Rathie and Forrester are probably the next U19s in line. 

Finlay James
9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Liam's a year older than Macaulay, so it would have to be the U21s.  Really needs to be with the first team or out on loan to be considered at that level.

I see that Rory Whittaker is included. Bobby McLuckie gave him the run around last week. Sandilands, Rathie and Forrester are probably the next U19s in line. 

How close is McLuckie to the first team, FF?  

Footballfirst
3 hours ago, Finlay James said:

How close is McLuckie to the first team, FF?  

I don't think he's too far away. Like most wingers he can have good and bad days, but he is getting more consistent with the B Team. He is also physically stronger than he was a year or so back.

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't think he's too far away. Like most wingers he can have good and bad days, but he is getting more consistent with the B Team. He is also physically stronger than he was a year or so back.

This must be seen as one of the main benefits of having the B Team in the Lowland League setup. 

12 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Wilson, McLuckie and Friel are surely the next in line given they have already pulled on the U19 shirts. But Tait is the example for all the current B Team players like Sandilands, Rathie and Forrester. Tait got his chance, deservedly so, as he has put in great first team performances. Whittaker likely first choice right back for the U19s, and like you say, heard McLuckie had him on toast on Friday night. But he has played 15+ Hibs first team games so clearly thats what counts from a selection perspective.

Totally delighted for Tait. Not sure I have ever made a JKB post without mentioning his name. My favourite player.

14 hours ago, fast_blood said:

Woody Williamson??! The parents need locked up for that.

Are his parents Bowie fans??

henrysmithsgloves
On 03/03/2024 at 18:00, CMc said:

Homeboy looks like Edgar from men in black, mid-facepull. 

IMG_1356.gif

🙃 Brilliant 🤣🤣🤣

henrysmithsgloves
On 04/03/2024 at 13:19, RustyRightPeg said:

I was trying to explain to the Mrs yesterday that Devlin is a wee dick but he's our wee dick. She didn't understand what I meant, but I specifically rewound the game yesterday to the aftermath of Tait's shot when Cammy goes out his way to clatter into Joe Hart just to annoy him, and then also when he started rubbing CCV's beard in the aftermath of the Tait Johnston incident.

She now gets it. Annoying wee b*****d, but he's ours 🤣 

Cammy is pure class🤣😎

TyphoonJambo
43 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Cammy is pure class🤣😎

Thrush, but our Thrush

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Prehen said:

Wilson, McLuckie and Friel are surely the next in line given they have already pulled on the U19 shirts. But Tait is the example for all the current B Team players like Sandilands, Rathie and Forrester. Tait got his chance, deservedly so, as he has put in great first team performances. Whittaker likely first choice right back for the U19s, and like you say, heard McLuckie had him on toast on Friday night. But he has played 15+ Hibs first team games so clearly thats what counts from a selection perspective.

Totally delighted for Tait. Not sure I have ever made a JKB post without mentioning his name. My favourite player.

He is just a great player. Though he does not have a wikipedia page (same with Pollock.) I cant do wiki but surely some Hearts supporter who edits wiki can create one for them both?

From what I saw from an account who focuses on young Scottish players, they suggested that there has been injuries to a few first choice full backs for the age group so would explain why Whittaker is getting a call up (though as you say getting first team football should not be sniffed at.)

Also good to see some players in the U19s who are regualers for the first team of their clubs, such as Lennon Miller and David Watson. Alfie Bavidge has been doing well at Cove and expected to do well. Ryan One is doing well with Sheffield Utd reserves and has 1 Premier league appearance. Rory Wilson has been banging goals in for U18 level at Aston Villa and moved up to U23 (on a side note I see 16 year Aidan Borland who moved to Villa from Celtic was training with the first team yesterday.) Bailey Rice is the next youngster expected to break through at Rangers (has been on the edge of the first team squad for a while.) Bobby Wales is banging goals for Alloa and has clubs sniffing around him. There is a lot of talent there, and do think some Hearts players can feel unlucky missing out.

I do think we will see a couple more young players getting a chance before the season is up. I do think McLuckie has been unlucky not get a first team apperance yet. Sandilands form for the B's merits a first team squad place and he has been involved in first team training. I was surprised that Rathie or Forrester were not in the first team squad on Sunday as we were lacking CB cover on the bench. Wilson got on the bench and its clear Naismith rates him.

I do think all those youngsters who are on the edge of the first team learn so much from Tait. Tait had so many games when he was on the bench but did not get on, then since he got his first apperance, he has more often played off the bench (he has played in 7 of the last 9 competitive games for Hearts.) It requires patience, and taking your chance by showing you fit in that team when you come on.

WageThief
On 04/03/2024 at 09:48, droid said:

Never noticed Devlin tickling Cater-Vickers beard until watching that back, hahahahahaha

Big silly grin on his face throughout too 😂

2 hours ago, WageThief said:

Big silly grin on his face throughout too 😂

I get that some of that kind of stuff seems to resonate with sections of our support. Personally I'd much rather he could focus on being able to play a simple pass to Tagawa so that he could leather another past Joe Hart.