The Split.

Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874

Am i right in saying we get Rangers at Tynecastle after the split?

Because they are getting it too.

For two long we have feared them.

Not anymore!!!!!

Howdy Doody Jambo

Depends who is referring and the VAR referee 

Bongo 1874
4 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

Yes, one of the reasons the derby wasn’t on SKY 

Rangers at home,Bongos message.

BelgeJambo

The would round off the season well, beating the Orcs at Tynecastle 

jamboozy

Whoever it is is of no consequence to me , but , I sincerely hope we feck up one of those pairs title hopes. Ideally I’d like to beat them both post split, but to destroy one of them would do.

gorgie al 1960

all kidding aside - we have no chance of winning this game if the end game has not been sorted already - got a feeling the old firm game may be first match to avoid any shiniest later on 

Ricardo Quaresma
5 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Whoever it is is of no consequence to me , but , I sincerely hope we feck up one of those pairs title hopes. Ideally I’d like to beat them both post split, but to destroy one of them would do.

Obviously trade a Home League win for a Hampden Big Cup win, given the choice tbqh 😉

skacel103
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not anymore!!!!!

Depends how many home games rangers have. Can see us getting sacrificed for ibrox if we're clear in third. Teams below would have positions to play for so would make sense us being penalised. 

rudeskaboyuk

I would be happy with last game of the season Celtic only needing a draw to win the league and we score with 7 mins to play .

McNelly15

Its almost guaranteed that we'll be away to one of the uglies last game of the season. Especially if either team can win the league.

mickycameron98

The split is 5 friendlies for us. Give Gordon some games and some of the youth. Have a go at the old firm, nothing to fear!

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Not anymore!!!!!

We won’t know until the fixtures come out.  Wouldn’t be the first time we’ve had to go to Ibrox 3 times with only 1 home game.  

As they try to predict who the top 6 will be to get even split of home and away both Killie and St Mirren (and possibly Dundee or Motherwell) finishing top 6 could **** things up a bit, not sure can’t be arsed looking at who’s due to play who and where.

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

The would round off the season well, beating the Orcs at Tynecastle 

I would rather beat them at Hampden in the Semi

or Final

BelgeJambo
Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

or Final

That would also do

jamboozy
12 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Obviously trade a Home League win for a Hampden Big Cup win, given the choice tbqh 😉

Yeah, nothing wrong with that.👍😁

Bazzas right boot

We're saving our win v them for the cup.

Op setting himself up for a big fall as per tho!

gregzy2k7

Beat them in the cup semi on route to pumping Aberdeen in the final.

Percival King
12 hours ago, skacel103 said:

Depends how many home games rangers have. Can see us getting sacrificed for ibrox if we're clear in third. Teams below would have positions to play for so would make sense us being penalised. 

Suppose Celtic might feel it would be unfair for The Rangers to only go to Tynecastle once......and they love to have an injustice (real or otherwise) to tell the world about. The integrity of who wins the title would possibly take priority over who gets fourth and possibly a European place.

colinmaroon
13 hours ago, skacel103 said:

Again!

TexasAndy
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We're saving our win v them for the cup.

Op setting himself up for a big fall as per tho!

That's what we did in 1998.  We took some sore beatings from them that season but won the game that mattered most.  

Hearts1975
49 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Beat them in the cup semi on route to pumping Aberdeen in the final.

No. Want to avoid anyone slipping under the net and getting the 3rd place euro spot. Would rather we get one of the cheeks in the final. 

Chuck Berry

So, assuming we beat Morton, Sellick beat Livi, Rangers turn over the Hobos, who do we want to win from Aberdeen/Killie in the other QF?

After their defeat to Well, I'm hoping Rangers have a point to prove although they are away to Benfica on Thursday which isn't ideal prep.

Kirky Jambo

In a perfect world I’d like to see the SF line up being:

- Hearts

- Livi

- Killie

- Rangers

SMJ_1874

It’s a nap we’ll be away to both the OF and hubs. Home to Killie and St Liedown.

Celtic away last game with them needing to win to win the league and we beat them with two goals in the last 7 mins to hand it to the zombies. What a scenario that would be 

chrisyboy7
13 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

or Final

Naw the final lol

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Us to beat the Huns and stop them winning the league would be absolutely glorious. 

Such an arrogant set of fans. 

Cambo_Jambo
14 hours ago, skacel103 said:

Aye, if i'm putting an objective head on it, us having almost nothing to play for makes us the ones that it makes sense to penalise with an 'unfair' home/away split.

Hopefully, with 3 (maybe) wins from the next 4 games, we can put 3rd to bed and empty the bench for our peripheral players to get some game time.

Getting Tait, Denholm, Tagawa, Pollock and Wilson 4 or 5 games in a run as we end the season would be really brilliant.

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
38 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

No. Want to avoid anyone slipping under the net and getting the 3rd place euro spot. Would rather we get one of the cheeks in the final. 

I’d be more confident against Celtic than Rangers in the final. 

Cambo_Jambo

That said, I can't see them wanting us playing either of the Old Firm in that last game as the potential for the conspiracy theorists in the world to tar us with the 'mini-hun' brush would be too much.

14 hours ago, jamboozy said:

if Rangers win the league then we already have technically. 

6 points taken from Celtic 👌

jamboozy
7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

if Rangers win the league then we already have technically. 

6 points taken from Celtic 👌

True 👍

loveofthegame

Certainly no reason to fear either - on our day we are more than a match for both.

We've shown our best and worst this season against them - it just so happens that our best has come out twice v Celtic and our worst at least 3x v Rangers (the league cup semi, home 1-0 defeat and 5-0 trouncing last weekend).

We're due a performance against Rangers - personally hoping we're saving it for the Scottish Cup.

heartsfc_fan

Unless I've miscounted we will have played 17 at home before the split so as it stands it should be:

Celtic A

St Mirren H

Rangers H

Hibs A

Killie A

Safe to say St Mirren and Killie should get top 6 so if you swap out Hibs for Motherwell it will still be an Away game.

I'm ignoring Aberdeen and St Johnstone as they are too far behind in my opinion for top 6.

Only situation I can see is if Dundee get top 6 we might have a 3rd trip to Dens but then they'll have to make something up elsewhere for us for a home game.

Edit - just realised we've only played Dundee once at home 🤐 so we should be grand.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

feedthefox
1 hour ago, Kirky Jambo said:

- Hearts

- Livi

- Killie

- Rangers

Celtic will score a barrowload v Livi plus I think Hibs could well beat Rangers in their cup tie.

GinRummy
1 hour ago, Kirky Jambo said:

- Hearts

- Livi

- Killie

- Rangers

Not for me. Our record against Rangers is shit. Even if it means Hibs progressing I'd take our chances of winning it and qualifying for Europe that way.

1874robbo
15 hours ago, mickycameron98 said:

The split is 5 friendlies for us. Give Gordon some games and some of the youth. Have a go at the old firm, nothing to fear!

Depends if we are on a final or not though.

id rather we keep the intensity up in the split if we potentially have a massive game to go.

ArcticJambo
15 hours ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

I would be happy with last game of the season Celtic only needing a draw to win the league and we score with 7 mins to play .

See tbis post, Hobo written all over it! 

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

I’d be more confident against Celtic than Rangers in the final. 

At this point, yes. It just puts additional pressure on us if we were to be playing a non OF side, in the final, given the Europe incentive. On the flip side, maybe it would give us a better chance of winning the cup. Got to solely focus on the Morton game first of all, and before anything else.

Heartsmad1874

Right now as the Top 6 stands, think only one place could change and thats between Dundee, Hibs and Motherwell.

Rangers H

Celtic A

Kilmarnock A

St Mirren H

And one of,

Hibs A

Dundee H

Motherwell A

indianajones
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Unless I've miscounted we will have played 17 at home before the split so as it stands it should be:

Celtic A

St Mirren H

Rangers H

Hibs A

Killie A

Safe to say St Mirren and Killie should get top 6 so if you swap out Hibs for Motherwell it will still be an Away game.

I'm ignoring Aberdeen and St Johnstone as they are too far behind in my opinion for top 6.

Only situation I can see is if Dundee get top 6 we might have a 3rd trip to Dens but then they'll have to make something up elsewhere for us for a home game.

Edit - just realised we've only played Dundee once at home 🤐 so we should be grand.

It'll be Dundee instead of Hibs! 

Byyy The Light

The fact this is even a thread shows how tinpot and stupid our set up is. 

Complete and utter nonsense of a system.

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, feedthefox said:

Celtic will score a barrowload v Livi plus I think Hibs could well beat Rangers in their cup tie.

:rofl:

Mikey1874

Based on matches so far this is the home and away 2 games each split first choice options

Rangers

Home - Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Dundee

Away - Celtic, Hearts, Motherwell, Hibs

Celtic

Home - Kilmarnock, Rangers, Hearts Motherwell, Hibs 

Away - Dundee, Kilmarnock

Hearts 

Home - Dundee, St Mirren, Rangers

Away - Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Celtic, Hibs

Kilmarnock 

Home - Hearts, Motherwell, Dundee, 

Away - Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, St Mirren