Zander

Thomaso

Madjambo21
1 hour ago, Bindy Badgy said:

I'm not his biggest fan but, he was fantastic today. 

Second this.

Made some cracking saves today.

Well done Zander C...

Great performance, certainly shutting a few on here..

👊

Scott Monument

Maybe a good idea to send zander on a short break considering Craig Gordon will play the cup game against Morton 

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

No more talk of dropping the big man! He was fantastic today!

He certainly was.  Outstanding performance.  :clap:

Herbert.
1 hour ago, Scott Monument said:

Maybe a good idea to send zander on a short break considering Craig Gordon will play the cup game against Morton 

Zander is on top form no way he should be dropped never mind sent on a holiday.

gorgierulesapply88

Decent without really excelling today.

Made saves I'd expect every keeper but Onana and Peirera to make 

Chuck Berry
11 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Saving a penalty isn't excelling? keeping a clean sheet against Celtic with a makeshift defence in front of him isn't excelling?

tiger Rudi

Yep I was one of the ones wanting Gordon back in. Thought Zander was good against Hibs and even better today. Really doesn't deserve to be dropped. Craig will get the cup ties, but god only knows what Naisy will do if we get to the final. Good problem to have though, two excellent keepers but one is going to be disappointed! 

If Craig has some good cup performances, he might still have a chance of getting to the Euros. I would think Zander has his place booked after today. 

Ricardo Quaresma

That's the Zander Clark that stepped in after Gordon's injury

By The Light..

Calum Nieuwenhof was MotM for me today but Zander Clark was a close 2nd.

Clark is Scotland's number 1 without a doubt.

I was at Craig Gordons first match at Brockville Jan23 in the pishing rain.

Ian McCalls Falkirk beat us 4 nil with a Colin Samuel hat trick.

Every time Hearts don't win we get blah blah Craig Gordon.

Leave it out.

Uncle Buck

He’s a ****ing great keeper tbh. Maybe not Gordon level but delighted we have him and he’s our number one just now.

4 hours ago, Scott Monument said:

away and bile yer heid 

Ricardo Quaresma
38 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

Calum Nieuwenhof was MotM for me today but Zander Clark was a close 2nd.

I was at Craig Gordons first match at Brockville Jan23 in the pishing rain.

Ian McCalls Falkirk beat us 4 nil with a Colin Samuel hat trick.

Every time Hearts don't win we get blah blah Craig Gordon.

Leave it out.

Maybe you should take your own advice

Clark isn't ahead of Gunn and won't be unless he plays like that every game for us and Scotand

Fort Vallance

Whole game hinged on the penalty.  That goes in and we're losing 4 or 5. Guy just keeps his head down and gets on with his job. Top man.

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

I've been critical but boy did he play today. Kept us in and won't have done himself any harm for the Euros 🥳

Same here.  Very good today, some key saves, the penalty being the most important.  Actually both saves with his feet were his two best saves, the ones with his hands were more routine.  Him and Shankland didn’t do their chances any harm today in front of Clarke, although I think they were probably both already on the plane. 

Fort Vallance
2 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Really ? You expect keepers to save penalties every time. You're at it.

Fozzyonthefence
44 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

Steve Clarke doesn’t think so.  He will be going to Germany though.  

Zander doesn't get nearly enough credit IMO. He's generally been very solid for us, he produces some outstanding saves and it's very rare that he throws a complete clanger.

Could he come off his line a bit more? Perhaps. But at least the defence know how he plays and some of the very best keepers don't like coming far off their line (Niemi and Goram were both good examples of this).

ScandinavianJambo
23 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Same here.  Very good today, some key saves, the penalty being the most important.  Actually both saves with his feet were his two best saves, the ones with his hands were more routine.  Him and Shankland didn’t do their chances any harm today in front of Clarke, although I think they were probably both already on the plane. 

Kept his line well and did some keeper sweeper moves too. Saves with his feet where excellent and distribution 10 times better then Hart, who was more then spooked by our home support 😆

You are correct regarding the tickets for the plane being theirs...it would be a disgrace if not.

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

NaturalOrder74

It’s honestly a bit of shocker he didn’t get man of the match today 

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

Kept his line well and did some keeper sweeper moves too. Saves with his feet where excellent and distribution 10 times better then Hart, who was more then spooked by our home support 😆

You are correct regarding the tickets for the plane being theirs...it would be a disgrace if not.

I still think Gordon will make it along with Gunn and Zander rather than Kelly but not sure how many games Steve Clarke will want him to play to prove his match fitness.  If Gordon does makes the plane I think he’ll be no2 to Gunn. 

ScandinavianJambo
14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I still think Gordon will make it along with Gunn and Zander rather than Kelly but not sure how many games Steve Clarke will want him to play to prove his match fitness.  If Gordon does makes the plane I think he’ll be no2 to Gunn. 

Interesting to see. I am assuming Gordon is playing on Monday. Naismith keeping them both in 👍

Benny Klack

Zander was class today - well in big yin.

My thoughts are that Gunn, Clark & Kelly will be going to Germany.

I would love it for Gordon to get in before Kelly but Clark is stubborn and will not take CG as he’s not playing enough. 

Cut throat business and CG will appreciate that more than anyone. Not saying it’s right but this is what will happen. 

Very very good yesterday. He’s got an almost impossible task of keeping the best ‘keeper in the league out the team but whenever it seems the change is imminent he just keeps producing. 

An incredible situation that can only be a good thing for the club. A fantastic ‘keeper on the bench and a very decent ‘keeper having to play out of his skin to keep it that way. 

EH11 2NL

The days of watching in awe and wondering how the **** Gordon saved that are sadly gone. Hopefully has a few worldies on the way to lifting the cup. 

Jim_Duncan

This is the situation we should be aiming for in every position. 

Berrassobad
11 hours ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

It’s honestly a bit of shocker he didn’t get man of the match today 

Made a £5,000,000 pound save 

gregzy2k7

Fair play, big Zander looked outstanding from the highlights 👏 👌 

jamboozy
14 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

14 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Saving a penalty isn't excelling? keeping a clean sheet against Celtic with a makeshift defence in front of him isn't excelling?

Zander excelled that much yesterday we will be talking about it in years to come. I think the competition between him and Craig will only bode well for us.

It’s a great feeling to have two very good keepers at our club.

TexasAndy

TBF he's been bang on form since CG came back from injury.  Just shows the power and benefit of good competition for places.  For me we have the two best keepers in Scotland.

Was a MOM worthy performance. Good to see. Another well deserved clean sheet for him 👌

Percival King
9 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

Zander was class today - well in big yin.

My thoughts are that Gunn, Clark & Kelly will be going to Germany.

I would love it for Gordon to get in before Kelly but Clark is stubborn and will not take CG as he’s not playing enough. 

Cut throat business and CG will appreciate that more than anyone. Not saying it’s right but this is what will happen. 

Much as I'd love to see Gordon go, it wouldn't be a surprise, or perhaps wrong, if Steve Clarke chose not to take a 41 year old who might have only played less than 10 games in a year and a half and only a few of those against top league opposition, particularly if there are other keepers who have been playing every week and playing well. There's an argument that Gordon still has to prove the level he's at after his injury albeit  it's not his fault he's not getting games in which to do that, he's in the unfortunate position of trying to dislodge the best Scottish keeper who's currently playing in Scotland.

Go for it 1308
18 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

The haters will be silent today

Hates a strong word mate....doubters maybe. I was one of them....and I was wrong. He was absolutely fantastic today....total concentration and zoned in with his mad eyed look. 

Brilliant Zander well done 👏 

Chuck Berry
35 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Much as I'd love to see Gordon go, it wouldn't be a surprise, or perhaps wrong, if Steve Clarke chose not to take a 41 year old who might have only played less than 10 games in a year and a half and only a few of those against top league opposition, particularly if there are other keepers who have been playing every week and playing well. There's an argument that Gordon still has to prove the level he's at after his injury albeit  it's not his fault he's not getting games in which to do that, he's in the unfortunate position of trying to dislodge the best Scottish keeper who's currently playing in Scotland.

I think he'll take him mainly for the vast experience he brings, and the fact he's better than Liam Kelly. CG will get more games under his belt before the Euros, and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets game time at the two friendlies end of month.

CG wanted to claim the cap record from Jim Leighton, but he's 18 caps away and that is now gone.  I think his time as an International keeper may come to an end after the Euros, he'll play out next season with Hearts and retire.

Edited by Chuck Berry

Cruickie's Moustache

Have said elsewhere it is hard to justify dropping Clark for Gordon.

Yesterday Zander's performance  just cemented his No1 slot. (Just imagine the posts on here had big Craig done that?)

The irony is that, and folks may have missed this, is not only Gordon offering competition but Clark will be benefitting from training with the club captain, day in day out.

While I am sure he is champing at the bit to be back between the sticks, Craig Gordon is a true professional and will be doing everything he can to help Clark improve his game. Even to his own detriment.

It's a real conundrum but a good one for the club to have going forwards, as Zander looks like being around for a wee while.

• 2 weeks later...
NottsJambo

Pie & Bovril have just produced these stats on Goalies this season. Can only speak for myself but I haven't appreciated him anywhere near enough. It's noticeable that Clark is behind Hart & Butland on most things except No. Of saves actually made. They obviously need to make less but Clark is still 3rd

Can take a few things from those stats. Clark is indeed having a great season and punching (sorry) above his weight. Mitov also appears to be doing well, Joe Hart is clearly shite and Liam Kelly shouldn't even be in the conversation about Scotland caps.

OmiyaHearts

Good stats. Pretty much the best scottish keeper in the league.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Good stats. Pretty much the best scottish keeper in the league.

That’s the best of the four of them then. 😂😂

Rampant
2 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Can take a few things from those stats. Clark is indeed having a great season and punching (sorry) above his weight. Mitov also appears to be doing well, Joe Hart is clearly shite and Liam Kelly shouldn't even be in the conversation about Scotland caps.

My big takeaway.

Surely the recent call up is a courtesy.  He's come into squads by default, he'll have not done any harm whilst there so it would be harsh to suddenly drop him now Gordon is back fit.

But Gordon is back fit, and Zander is clearly better than Kelly.  I will be quite shocked if Kelly goes to the Euros.

Also, Zander is decent, but most of us are well aware of that.