Zander

Thomaso

Thomaso

No more talk of dropping the big man! He was fantastic today!

Салатные палочки

Yeah excellent today and a couple of vital stops on Wednesday as well. 

Thunder and Lightning

Needs dropped. 

****ing morons. 😂 

Eddiepolio3

Think he may have just booked his seat on the plane to Germany with that performance. Steve Clarke was at the game

Herbert.

Making a case for being Scotland #1

Edited by Herbert.

I have to apologise I said previously he was the second best goalkeeper in Scotland.

I was wrong he is the best goalkeeper in Scotland 

number-16

Every time there's talk of dropping him in favour of Gordon he ups his game and puts in performances like that.

I think we should talk about dropping him more often...

colinmaroon

Can't drop him.  He was excellent. 

All shot stopping, his great strength, bur he does it so well and helped when you make a save and push it out and, providential, it falls to a defender.  Plus, of course,  another penalty save. 

Dsjambo

If Zander is the best in Scotland we are lucky to also have the second best on the bench!

Spellczech

Both Hearts GKs should be going to Germany. We have the 2 best Scottish No 1s...

Bindy Badgy

I'm not his biggest fan but, he was fantastic today. 

Muppetboy
6 minutes ago, Bindy Badgy said:

I'm not his biggest fan but, he was fantastic today. 

Definitely this

Luckies1874

Huge performance from him today, one of the most important of his career. To do that in a high profile game, helping Hearts to a massive win and in front of Steve Clarke is tremendous for the guy. He sealed his place, if it were in any doubt, on the plane to Germany. It will be interesting to see how Naismith handles matches post split, when 3rd is secure and that may also depend on Scottish Cup progress but Craig is really competing with Kelly now for a spot and not his Hearts team mate. 

ScandinavianJambo

I've been critical but boy did he play today. Kept us in and won't have done himself any harm for the Euros 🥳

RustyRightPeg

Really good. Saves you’d expect him to make, but made them look routine. 

McNelly15

If he was Chinese he'd be nicknamed 'The great Wall' great performance today sir.

Hope the boy who posted that training video 💩 on twitter is having a crap day 

Rampant
8 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Huge performance from him today, one of the most important of his career. To do that in a high profile game, helping Hearts to a massive win and in front of Steve Clarke is tremendous for the guy. He sealed his place, if it were in any doubt, on the plane to Germany. It will be interesting to see how Naismith handles matches post split, when 3rd is secure and that may also depend on Scottish Cup progress but Craig is really competing with Kelly now for a spot and not his Hearts team mate. 

But frankly if it is between Kelly and Gordon for that third spot, there's no competition.

Whoever it is won't be playing, barring an emergency. And in that scenario you want someone experienced, form won't count for much.

All that's ignoring that Kelly is woeful, not even good enough for Motherwell at the moment. 

Hearts should have at least three players going to the Euros this summer.

JudyJudyJudy
35 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He really was. 

tartofmidlothian

Just simply outstanding. I'm so glad we've got him.

36 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Good luck with that. Totally deserves his spot in the team. 

Henroddy

I've learnt over the years on this site if a player has a couple of bad games (Rowles, Beni, Atkinson in particular) they are shite/not good enough/a wage thief/never a footballer in a million years. If they have a few good games (same players eg) they are class, should be signed on 5 year contracts, worth 10 million at least. Let's just accept none of the above is true. All players will be good and bad. They were very good today. Bravo 👏 👏 

GrimUpNorth

As much as I love CG, you can't drop Zander right now. Great performance today

hearts00

Superb today. Pen save was a huge moment. 

Edited by hearts00

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

As much as I love CG, you can't drop Zander right now. Great performance today

He will be dropped next week 😜

brawlad74

Top game today and another clean sheet. 

Nelly Terraces

Of course, like anyone, I love Craig Gordon, but we've had FAR worse keepers than Zander down the years & people who think he's not good enough needs to check round the league & tell me who's any better. He was superb today. Well played son. 

allystrachan

Sorry Zander. I said your season was over last weekend. More than happy to be proved wrong if it means hearts win.

Scott Monument

Very good performance today and als the second clean sheet against Celtic 

Bindy Badgy

Would it be reasonable ot say that Clark is better than Gordon on penalties?

If this is the case and we stick with Gordon in the Scottish Cup, should be bring Clark on if we get to the final and it goes to penalties?

Nessjambo67
1 hour ago, Rampant said:

But frankly if it is between Kelly and Gordon for that third spot, there's no competition.

Whoever it is won't be playing, barring an emergency. And in that scenario you want someone experienced, form won't count for much.

All that's ignoring that Kelly is woeful, not even good enough for Motherwell at the moment. 

Hearts should have at least three players going to the Euros this summer.

It’s only my opinion but I don’t know if Gordon will be there always like to see players getting picked on merit all other 3 keepers are playing regularly but you never know 

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Luckies1874 said:

If we get past Morton, and seal third before the split, I can see CG being given the gloves to keep him sharp for cup semi and potentially final.

thegreatsd

What a great problem to have with two superb keepers at the club. Zander doing a fine job of keeping his place. That penalty save set the tone for us and was absolutely huge for us. Keep it up big man👍🇱🇻