Match ratings Hearts v Celtic

tcjambo

Borders Jambo
Just now, weegie jambo said:

Tagawa should have had a goal the pass from Delvin was behind him. Tait was great and put himself about

Agreed

Rocky jamboa

A great all round team performance. 

Hoff motm for me. Was all over the pitch. Set up shanks goal. Really liking him at the moment.

Clarke  - great pen save. Stood up so made it hard for Idah. Did everything else asked of him as well. Pretty flawless performance.

Dexter - preferred him at RB to Atkinson. Hope he keeps that position. Really skillful going forward and doesn't seem to give the ball away - unlike Atkinson! 

Beni - was great today. Back to his best

Shanks - great finish. His chopped off goal looked in line also.

Naismith - got the tactics spot on and didn't allow them to get back into the game. 2 wins in a row v the tims. Should have won at ibrox earlier in the season also. Looking good for the future.

tiger Rudi
3 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Clark 8 - Excellent 

Lembikisa 8 - don't think he put a foot wrong. Should be first choice now

Sibbick 7 - Solid

Kingsley 8 - Outstanding 

Rowles 7 - Some slack passing but strong 

Cochrane 5 - Poor defending

Grant 6 - Scored penalty but didn't do that much else

Beni - 8 fab shift - back to his best

Hoff 8 - MOM Excellent 

Forrest 8 - Wish he would look up more

Shankland 8 - Superb 

Subs

Tait - 1 - I don't give marks for being a youngster, so lightweight, slow and missed a sitter.

Tagawa 1 = Good running but hopeless

Denholm 2 - Little time

Devlin 3 - Added energy 

Moved from Hoff to Tait I see for dishing out nonsensical abuse. 

A score of 1.

Hes 18 and has looked the part in every substitute appearance he has made.

In the time he was on the pitch:

1.He put his body on the line when blocking a shot that could easily have been a goal

2. He ran the length of the pitch to have a dig at goal..... It certainly wasn't a sitter and it would suggest he's not that slow either. 

He has heart, he has energy and a bright future. I thought you would have learned a lesson when Hoff has made you look like someone that knows sfa about football. Tait will do the same. 

Why a Hearts supporter would have such a dig against one of our young players coming thru is beyond me. 

10 hours ago, jamboj said:

10s all round. Superb stuff from each of them. 

:spoton:

I think this might have been Dexter's best performance for us so far.  I like Natty, and think it was right that he got his first team place back after returning from international duty, but on this performance I think Dexter now has the jersey.  This wasn't a good performance against a bottom 6 side, it was against the reigning champions, who had the chance to go top of the league.

1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

Moved from Hoff to Tait I see for dishing out nonsensical abuse. 

A score of 1.

1.He put his body on the line when blocking a shot that could easily have been a goal

2. He ran the length of the pitch to have a dig at goal..... It certainly wasn't a sitter and it would suggest he's not that slow either. 

He has heart, he has energy and a bright future. I thought you would have learned a lesson when Hoff has made you look like someone that knows sfa about football. Tait will do the same. 

Why a Hearts supporter would have such a dig against one of our young players coming thru is beyond me. 

Spot on, added to that he emptied out that ugly **** Johnstone after being clattered by him earlier.  Anyone who can't see we have a real player on our hands in Tait should take up watching another sport.  

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Most people being extremely harsh giving Shanks only an 8 😉 

Clark, Hoff and Shanks all at least 9

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Steve Clarke was at Tynecastle yesterday.

Shankland def on the plane to Germany now, surely?

Barring injury, god forbid.

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Steve Clarke was at Tynecastle yesterday.

Shankland def on the plane to Germany now, surely?

Barring injury, god forbid.

I don’t think the question is whether or not Clark will take him. It’s whether or not he’ll ’do a Marshall’ and persist with forwards that don’t score very often just because they were part of the team that qualified. 

TexasAndy

Clark gets a 10 .  That pen save won us the game effectively.

Dexter gets an 8.  I thought he had a really good game.

Hoff gets a 9.  Outstanding.

Agree with the marks for others elsewhere but I thought these 3 deserved a special  mention

Edited by TexasAndy

The Mercer Takeover
10 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

He has heart, he has energy

"He's 18 and looked the part in every substitute appearance"

Agreed, but yesterday he didn't, and it is yesterday's game we are rating.

"He put his body on the line"

Yip, that is minimum requirement. He's a professional footballer FFS.

"He ran the length of the pitch"

Do I really need to comment on this one.

"and it would suggest he's not that slow either"

Pace and stamina are two completely different things. 

As for the rating of 1. He was only on the pitch for 20 minutes, so the highest I would have possibly given him would be 3. Some folk really need to take the emotion out of ratings. As I have said, you get no bonus points for being a youngster. If you reach the first team, you get marked accordingly.

As for complaining about my previous ratings of the Hof. In case you missed it, I have had him my MOM the last three games. When you play will you get marked well, when you disappoint you don't.

tiger Rudi
9 hours ago, RobNox said:

I think this might have been Dexter's best performance for us so far.  I like Natty, and think it was right that he got his first team place back after returning from international duty, but on this performance I think Dexter now has the jersey.  This wasn't a good performance against a bottom 6 side, it was against the reigning champions, who had the chance to go top of the league.

Yes I would agree. Natty came off the bench to good effect and deserved to get his place back. Unfortunately he's been poor since. I was pleasantly surprised by Dexter yesterday. Really wasn't sure he was good enough defensively tbh. Fantastic going forward and deserves to keep the jersey. 

14 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Tait - 1 - I don't give marks for being a youngster, so lightweight, slow and missed a sitter.

Tagawa 1 = Good running but hopeless

Denholm 2 - Little time

Devlin 3 - Added energy 

Pathetic. What pleasure do you get spamming this board with your rubbish. I really hope you are still in primary school.

31 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

As for the rating of 1. He was only on the pitch for 20 minutes, so the highest I would have possibly given him would be 3. Some folk really need to take the emotion out of ratings. As I have said, you get no bonus points for being a youngster. If you reach the first team, you get marked accordingly.

As for complaining about my previous ratings of the Hof. In case you missed it, I have had him my MOM the last three games. When you play will you get marked well, when you disappoint you don't.

:rofl:

You would have been better of not explaining your marks to be honest. 

saxondale
43 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Dreadful take.

What exactly did Tait do to NOT make him "look the part"?

hmfc_liam06
17 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

Bit harsh from some on where for grant. Scored an important penalty and if you watch he’s the one that orchestrated the press. He does a lot of hard work that leads to us regaining possession. I think a few on here just don’t like him. He was excellent today and we are a better team with him playing 

Yip I thought Grant had a good game. He played a couple brilliant through balls that his teammates just didn't read.

Graham Thomson
3 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

You seem to take your player markings way to seriously!!! 

I'm not sure anyone is really that interested in one person's opinion.