Lawrence is The Machine

heartgarfunkel

saxondale
3 hours ago, Morgan said:

Thanks, Kenny.  :thumb:

:rofl:

Yes, he's good.  In fact, he's very good.

But, the most complete striker we have ever had?

Curveball, but I think Osman Sow should be in the conversation for one of our most complete strikers; goals, pace, skill, hold up play and great work ethic.

Shame he seemed to never really reach his true potential.

ollie2004
22 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

The guy is an absolute diamond - just continuing to enjoy him whilst he’s here. An absolute brilliant professional when you think of all the setbacks in his career. Lucky to have him. 

He is lucky to be here, his time in Belgium was a disaster  we gave him the chance, he has taken it hopefully we can get deal sorted, works both ways, he obviously likes scoring goals and winding up the Vermin, what more does he need.

1 hour ago, ollie2004 said:

He is lucky to be here, his time in Belgium was a disaster  we gave him the chance, he has taken it hopefully we can get deal sorted, works both ways, he obviously likes scoring goals and winding up the Vermin, what more does he need.

He has not ‘taken it hopefully’.

He has taken it with open arms.

As have we, him.

Hearts1975
2 hours ago, ollie2004 said:

His time in Belgium was a disaster, right enough. 

I guess that's what happens when you try and play a striker as a RWB in your football team 

FFS 

Wee Mikey
17 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

"Someone, up in the Roseburn, chucked a pie..." 

Sing along, everybody.

Seemingly, the "Who ate all the pies" chant originated by Sheffield United fans towards their rather large 'keeper William 'Fatty' Foulke way back in 1894.

However, that is disputed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Ate_All_the_Pies%3F

Nevertheless, we could perhaps adopt it much like the recent ironic renditions of "Hearts, Hearts are falling apart again".

To wit:-

🎶🎵🎶

Shanks ate all the pies,

Shanks ate all the pies,

Our fat bassa

Top class striker

Shanks ate all the pies.

🎶🎵🎶

Screenshot_20240302_011715_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Wee Mikey
5 hours ago, saxondale said:

Curveball, but I think Osman Sow should be in the conversation for one of our most complete strikers; goals, pace, skill, hold up play and great work ethic.

Shame he seemed to never really reach his true potential.

I well remember Sow's debut in a pre-season friendly up in Methil. He took a free kick and it nigh on hit the corner flag prompting sighs from myself along the lines of, "Deary me, that's our new striker."

Notwithstanding Hearts thrashing St J both halves thereafter with a completely different outfield 10 each half, fast forward to the 1st game of the season and ...

BAM!!!

GIRUY Nicky Law, lol.

naeclue
7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I well remember Sow's debut in a pre-season friendly up in Methil. He took a free kick and it nigh on hit the corner flag prompting sighs from myself along the lines of, "Deary me, that's our new striker."

Notwithstanding Hearts thrashing St J both halves thereafter with a completely different outfield 10 each half, fast forward to the 1st game of the season and ...

BAM!!!

GIRUY Nicky Law, lol.

Nice to see that again, and figuring big Zal let Osman’s shot run….

I didn’t see him play, but suspect Willie Bauld  was our most complete centre forward.

Maybe short of pace, but always liked Sandy Clark, made lots of goals for others, and scored the odd one or two himself. 

Having said that, Shanks can do most things.

Edited by naeclue

saxondale
7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

BAM!!!

GIRUY Nicky Law, lol.

I can remember thinking this could be a special season when we beat Rangers that day.

Regarding his pre season free kick, he was obviously just getting it out off of his system before...

https://youtu.be/PClW370BJ3k?si=v9Pg0gVZgZNprz61

Bazzas right boot

Who caught all the pies,

Who caught all the pies,

Lawrence Shankland, 

Lawrence Shankland, 

He caught all the piieeeees 

Heard a rather tongue in cheek suggestion we divert the FoH money to his bank account to keep him…. I’m sure if we had a members vote it would be close!

Wilson Wood, Would You?
17 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

That headline though....got me thinking he's also Florence's brother?!

250px-Florence_%28Original_Series%29.jpg

Nelly Terraces

An absolute warrior for us today, a born captain & leader.

He was tearing into our defence near the end of the game for giving the ball away & putting us in danger, again he's fighting for every ball & he bullied Scales & of course, he just does what a natural striker does, takes his chance with a cracking goal when it landed at him.

Utter legend. 

No Idle Talk

His attitude is fantastic. They asked him after the match about Jorge Grant taking the penalty and he simply said "I missed three penalties in a row and Jorge scored his last one. So if he is on the pitch there  is no reason for him not to continue taking them. If he's not on the pitch then I will take over the duties again". Great answer. Very unselfish. 

His finish today was top drawer, even the offside goal was quality. Shanks is the best striker in Scotland by a mile...IMO.

On 29/02/2024 at 20:57, Mikey1874 said:

20 league goals on Sunday 

Good shout!

On 29/02/2024 at 20:57, Mikey1874 said:

20 league goals on Sunday 

double post

Edited by RobNox

gregzy2k7

What a man, not had as much love for a player since Rudi, I think he is already in the cult hero and great player category for me, he is fast approaching legendary status though, a cup win would solidify him as a legend.

chrisyboy7
4 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

How many does Shanks have in all competitions this season? 

pettigrewsstylist
16 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

An absolute warrior for us today, a born captain & leader.

He was tearing into our defence near the end of the game for giving the ball away & putting us in danger, again he's fighting for every ball & he bullied Scales & of course, he just does what a natural striker does, takes his chance with a cracking goal when it landed at him.

Utter legend. 

Absolutely mate. Once in a generation synergy going on. His build up play in the 2nd goal!! What a number 9. 

pettigrewsstylist
16 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

His attitude is fantastic. They asked him after the match about Jorge Grant taking the penalty and he simply said "I missed three penalties in a row and Jorge scored his last one. So if he is on the pitch there  is no reason for him not to continue taking them. If he's not on the pitch then I will take over the duties again". Great answer. Very unselfish. 

35 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

If he had added his 5 potential penalties (3 misses and 2 Grant) he would be level with wee Robbos 31 already. Hope he manages it. Travesty if his dissallowed PAOK goal is the difference.