Internet providers

Jim_Duncan

Jim_Duncan

My current £25pm deal with Sky is about to run out in March and they want £37pm for the same service.

Can anyone recommend an alternative? Or a good comparison site for finding such things?

Please, don't recommend Virgin - had a hell of a time when they tried to install it here once, so I canned the whole deal.

highlandjambo3

I switched to talk-talk about a year ago, £28 per month for a speed of 150Mbs.  Was previously with bt who were charging £58 for a guaranteed 25Mbs and, the price was going up to £63.  Was a no brainier for me, only thing was bt had me tied to a 3 year contract so I had to run that down before switching.

I've ordered 950Mb unlimited with Vodafone for £29.99 a month

Edited by Ray Gin

Jim_Duncan
15 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I've ordered 950Mb unlimited with Vodafone for £29.99 a month

Cool. I only need a tenth of that speed, though :) 

Greedy Jambo

Anyone know what the cancellation fee is for virgin? 

£35 a month for 150mbs is a lot of bollocks. 

henrysmithsgloves

Shop around, there's deals to be had👍🏻 we are with EE,have been for years,no problems. Don't know the cost though,my laddie pays for that😁

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Anyone know what the cancellation fee is for virgin? 

£35 a month for 150mbs is a lot of bollocks. 

Tell them your gonna leave and see what they say. I am now being charged £44 a month after being £25 for the last year. Gonna call them tomorrow and chance my luck by saying im cancelling etc. They usually relent and change the tariff. I cant be arsed changed suppliers. Pain in the neck really

Worthing Jambo
7 hours ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Zen Broadband. Not the cheapest but the best there is.

https://www.zen.co.uk/

Another vote for Zen here. Had one problem but it was a network hardware failure when a digger cut through a main cable miles away.

City Fibre had installed a new network in the area when I joined so probably makes a difference.

Just glad I don’t have to deal with BT or Virgin any longer🥳

9 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

My current £25pm deal with Sky is about to run out in March and they want £37pm for the same service.

Can anyone recommend an alternative? Or a good comparison site for finding such things?

Please, don't recommend Virgin - had a hell of a time when they tried to install it here once, so I canned the whole deal.

Just get quotes they'll match them no?

Greedy Jambo
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Tell them your gonna leave and see what they say. I am now being charged £44 a month after being £25 for the last year. Gonna call them tomorrow and chance my luck by saying im cancelling etc. They usually relent and change the tariff. I cant be arsed changed suppliers. Pain in the neck really

Aye, i do that every year, their business is failing now, too many people can't afford to pay their bills, so they keep upping their prices to make up for their losses. 

I'm done with them now. 

They had to merge with 02, and my phone bill is going up again as well. 

Feck the both of them. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Jim_Duncan
12 hours ago, Ked said:

Just get quotes they'll match them no?

I like holding grudges and won’t stick with them. 

Greedy Jambo

I've decided to get rid of Virgin.

Sky, Vodafone, BT or Talk Talk?

That's my only 4 options

henrysmithsgloves
41 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That's my only 4 options

EE are BT,but a lot cheaper 👍🏻

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

EE are BT,but a lot cheaper 👍🏻

They didn't come up on the uswitch website, but i'll see what they're saying directly, cheers 👍

Edit: 2 quid dearer than talk talk and no 50 quid voucher. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Tommy Brown
12 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That's my only 4 options

Why have you only 4 options?

Plusnet, youfibre  and zen to name 3 others.

Edit.

Seen your next post using uswitch.

Go direct to others.

Edited by Tommy Brown

hughesie27
13 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That's my only 4 options

Have you checked with each of them how fast their broadband is in your area?

For me Vorgin are the only company that can offer anything over 70mb (we have 1GB).

At the end of the street round the corner though CityFibre etc are available and can provide the same speeds!

Just speak to Virgin, from my experience they will probably be able to help. How long is left on your deal? 

You might be better off taking their TV Broadband Landline packages to get much faster speeds for not much more money.

Greedy Jambo
10 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Have you checked with each of them how fast their broadband is in your area?

For me Vorgin are the only company that can offer anything over 70mb (we have 1GB).

At the end of the street round the corner though CityFibre etc are available and can provide the same speeds!

Just speak to Virgin, from my experience they will probably be able to help. How long is left on your deal? 

You might be better off taking their TV Broadband Landline packages to get much faster speeds for not much more money.

The cheapest i could get Virgin down to last time was £35 a month, and now it's going up again. 

I only need about 150mb, so hate paying over 30 quid for it. 

Ulysses
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The cheapest i could get Virgin down to last time was £35 a month, and now it's going up again. 

I only need about 150mb, so hate paying over 30 quid for it. 

I have an annual "no I don't want to pay your rip-off prices" row with VM.  I always succeed in dragging their price down, but what I'm paying is still creeping up by a couple of percent every year.  My problem is that their offering in my area is a good bit ahead of the competition.  There are several alternatives, but they are all either slower or more expensive.

On 29/02/2024 at 20:59, JudyJudyJudy said:

I was with Virgin. BT cold called me 😡 and offered me a very good deal. I went back to Virgin to see if they were prepared to better it or at the very least match it. They weren't so I told them to stick it. Been with BT a while and it's gotten quite pricey but my WiFi is tops and during lockdown when I worked from home my service was flawless.  

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I was with Virgin. BT cold called me 😡 and offered me a very good deal. I went back to Virgin to see if they were prepared to better it or at the very least match it. They weren't so I told them to stick it. Been with BT a while and it's gotten quite pricey but my WiFi is tops and during lockdown when I worked from home my service was flawless.  

I’ve still no called them yet . I’ll try the next couple days . See if you get new WiFi provider do they have to re wire your house with their cables ? 

henrysmithsgloves
31 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’ve still no called them yet . I’ll try the next couple days . See if you get new WiFi provider do they have to re wire your house with their cables ? 

Usually just send a new router James👍🏻

31 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I'm sure they use BT's equipment so you should just get a new hub.

JudyJudyJudy
26 minutes ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Usually just send a new router James👍🏻

26 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I'm sure they use BT's equipment so you should just get a new hub.

Ok thabks guys . I just don’t want more cables hanging around my house 👍

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Ok thabks guys . I just don’t want more cables hanging around my house 👍

th-1438333040.jpg

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

th-1438333040.jpg

😂😂

Greedy Jambo

I've gone with Talk Talk, £28 for 150mb download and 30mb upload. 

Virgin can get tae.