If

Philstampscleaner

Philstampscleaner

We lost shanks for any reason, where would we be?  We have one dimension up front and it's the best we have had for years and years but what would happen now if he was injured or whatever ? It's terrifying. 

As I understand it he is unavailable for Sunday due to that utterly preposterous booking v motherwell so what do we do?  Who do we go with ? Answers on a postcard!

Kalamazoo Jambo
25 minutes ago, Philstampscleaner said:

As I understand it he is unavailable for Sunday due to that utterly preposterous booking v motherwell so what do we do?  Who do we go with ? Answers on a postcard!

He should be available. You get a one game suspension if you get six cautions within the first 19 games of the SPFL. But after that it changes to a two game suspension after 12 cautions. So he’s fine.

Source: https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/10884/sfa_jpp-2023-24_digital.pdf

IMG_2007.jpeg

SomethingAboutObua

We'd have Vargas as our centre forward, or Tagawa would get a run. 

I honestly dont think we'd be as ****ed without Shankland as we fear. Shankland gets involved because hes also a good footballer. If we had a striker who wasn't a good 'footballer', we'd adjust to accommodate them. 

My bigger concern is today we wanted to play to unsettle Bushiri by getting Shankland to wrestle with him. Shanks was never going to outmuscle Bushiri all game, neither would a fit Boyce, and obviously Vargas and Tagawa wouldn't have a chance. If that's someone 6'3 and built, we're winning a couple of those headers and getting a mistake out of him. 

I never Thought I'd say this in 2024 but we need a bit more variety up front, we've got the pace in Vargas/Tagawa, the finishers and the technically good/rough all rounders in Boyce/Shankland, but what we might be missing is a big strong centre forward. Not as extreme as say Uche or Gnanduillet, where all they have is height and strength.

We probably need someone who has the ability to play 2 roles, someone that can hold the ball up or go on a run himself. I think we really need an Ellis Simms type back in and if Shankland goes In summer, I hope we push the boat out for that sort of player (*fully aware obviously that Simms himself is well out our reach)

John Findlay
5 hours ago, Philstampscleaner said:

We lost shanks for any reason, where would we be?  We have one dimension up front and it's the best we have had for years and years but what would happen now if he was injured or whatever ? It's terrifying. 

He is available Sunday.

Squad is still very thin in certain areas. 

wide areas because of injuries but outside of Shanks we have absolutely nothing up front. Could be a big rebuild in the summer if Shanks leaves. 

Dennis Reynolds

He's not suspended.

Pete Elliott

Terrifying 

:tlj:

We'd be shite. Apparently he's scored 53% of our goals since he signed. We seen last night how Vargas is not the immediate replacement, not even on a par with Gino. Wrong decisions and woefully uncomposed in front of goal. A striker was a must in January, imo, with the assumption Shankland is away in the summer. 

A_A wehatethehibs

They’ve been out so long that a lot of folk have forgotten Boyce and McKay exist. That’s a significant wedge of the first team budget 2 important players when fit. Without them yes there aren’t many alternatives in the final 3rd. 

Nessjambo67
37 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

They’ve been out so long that a lot of folk have forgotten Boyce and McKay exist. That’s a significant wedge of the first team budget 2 important players when fit. Without them yes there aren’t many alternatives in the final 3rd. 

You’re spot on yes. To have that option with MacKay is a big miss we definitely miss his creativity as for Boyce I really don’t know if can he stay fit long enough to get a run in the team ? 

Bazzas right boot

Probably relegated 3 times this season, it would be that bad....

We'd be joined by Rangers without Tavernier,  Aberdeen without Mivoski, Man city without Hallaand.

****ing stupid posts.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Malinga the Swinga

We'd have lost last night as, when we got penalty, nobody would have taken it. 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Ah there.  Where would any team be without their best player chat.

We would be playing with 10 men in every game apparently

A_A wehatethehibs
11 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

You’re spot on yes. To have that option with MacKay is a big miss we definitely miss his creativity as for Boyce I really don’t know if can he stay fit long enough to get a run in the team ? 

Still, as an option to rotate for Shankland, Boyce would be handy at this stage in the season. Certainly better than Tagawa. Lawrence has played virtually every minute of football for us and looks a wee bit jaded to me. Be good to be able to rest in a few of these games, to keep up his energy levels for the massive ones. For example if we had Boyce fit, I’d probably have played him at Ibrox leaving Lawrence fully rested for last night. Wee things like that can make a difference to players energy levels 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

A_A wehatethehibs
15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We'd be joined by Rangers without Tavernier,  Aberdeen without Mivoski, Man city without Hallaand.

****ing stupid posts.

And I was going to say where would Hibs be without ______ ? They’ve got nobody scored over 5 goals, nobody in even the top 20 in the league. A bottom 6 side. Dundee are better than Hibs. 

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We would be playing with 10 men in every game apparently

yup. We’d still be third on account of the fact the rest of our team is still bette than the other teams .

where would Aberdeen be without Miovski ? Or would hibs have improved as much without Marcondes? 

a tiresome question.

samgolden

Would like us to look at Spittal from Motherwell technically very good and can add the odd goal threat would be a good addition to the squad especially if by chance if Shankland stays 

Philstampscleaner
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

****ing stupid posts.

My point isn't that we would be lost sorely without his greatness in the fashion you're suggesting.  Instead I'm taking stock of the fact that we don't have a single other out and out striker.  

amadjambo

If we lost Shankland I don’t see where goals would come from. If we lost Kent I don’t see who would stop the goals raining in at the other end. Two hugely important players for us. 

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Philstampscleaner said:

My point isn't that we would be lost sorely without his greatness in the fashion you're suggesting.  Instead I'm taking stock of the fact that we don't have a single other out and out striker.  

Most teams don't. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

And I was going to say where would Hibs be without ______ ? They’ve got nobody scored over 5 goals, nobody in even the top 20 in the league. A bottom 6 side. Dundee are better than Hibs. 

Yip.

KyleLafferty

We didn’t finish 3rd last year with him. Season before we finished 3rd and a cup final 🤷🏻‍♂️. He’s an unbelievable striker but that’s the reason we signed him for to score goals.