Fraser

mr fox

Praying we’ve not already agreed to sign him. He’ll be on a decent wage and he’s utter pish.

Pasquale for King

No wonder hardly any of us remember him from Utd, what they’re fan’s said about him being chicken hearted certainly rings true. 
Who the **** thought he would contribute, all hes doing now is keeping a youngster out the team. I’m sure CL was interested, says it all really. 

SomethingAboutObua
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Assume he hadn’t played much this season before coming to us? Looks rusty as feck. 

Was a big goals/assists contributor for Charlton last season as an attacking mid, then got moved to a deeper role and became homesick for family reasons, so his form nosedived this season and he didn't really play much for them before joining us I think 

johnking123

I said that I did not see the point in that signing. Said no different than Grant. Was wrong, way worse than Grant. Send back in summer.

Hearts1975

He is just in the door so trying to take that into account 

I genuinely thought he would have hit the ground running. Might take a bit of time to get up to speed BUT 

Forgetting that for just a second 

He doesn't look fit to me. He looks really laboured when he is on the ball. 

He has been playing regularly so I'm a bit stumped as to why this is.  

Maybe he will take time to get up to the speed of the game up here, but I would have thought that the games would also be pretty fast when he played down south 

7 hours ago, jonnyinfo said:

We definitely need a number 10, Fraser and Grant aren't up to it 

Will Yan Dhanda be the number 10 next season?

hmfc_liam06
8 hours ago, Legend Claws said:

Grant is far better, he must be pissed off seeing this guy starting ahead of him.

I like Grant but I don’t think he’s the answer either.

However it is telling we’ve tried numerous of these types of players and still none have bettered Grant.

Nessjambo67
8 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Spittal and Dhanda in, Fraser and Grant out. I can't imagine there would be too much difference in wages.

Looking forward to see what Dhanda brings to our midfield but no thanks for Spittal far to inconsistent for me at Motherwell for a reason imo 

Our midfield seems to be our Achilles Heel. The Hof looks our only decent midfielder, outwith our academy players. I’d be looking to add Blair Spittle and Lyle Cameron to our ranks. Would also add McGowan from Dundee. New look midfield required for next season and wouldn’t be fussed if Beni, Devlin and  Grant left. Scott Frazer needs to show something in the next 5 games or he won’t get a deal. If he wants back to Scotland then you can bet you’ll see him strut his stuff down at the Methadome. 

cosanostra
7 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Looking forward to see what Dhanda brings to our midfield but no thanks for Spittal far to inconsistent for me at Motherwell for a reason imo 

Do you think Grant or Fraser are better than Spittal?

Have you seen how many assists and goals he's got this season? No world beater but he's creative, a good player in our league, out of contract and wouldn't cost much. 

RustyRightPeg

Found it strange he started off the right.

Would like to see him off Shanks before we make a final decision on him. That said, he doesn't look the most mobile.

Could be a short stint.

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Do you watch Spittal week in week out to come to that conclusion?

Have you actually seen his goal and assist numbers over the last couple of years?

Nessjambo67
4 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Do you think Grant or Fraser are better than Spittal?

Have you seen how many assists and goals he's got this season? No world beater but he's creative, a good player in our league, out of contract and wouldn't cost much. 

I totally hear you yes.  Grant and Fraser probably no better just my option really maybe he would get better in a team like Hearts 

Nessjambo67
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Do you watch Spittal week in week out to come to that conclusion?

Have you actually seen his goal and assist numbers over the last couple of years?

Well actually yes living in Inverness I’m regularly at county games seen a fair bit of the lad very inconsistent that said he has done well at Motherwell 

Still early days and I'm not writing him off yet but I'm failing to see what his strengths are so far? Looks lightweight and slow to me. Been a passenger in games so far and he'll need to get his finger out soon if he wants to try and get a move here. Don't see any real hunger from him.

I'm not a big fan of Grant but I'd have him in the team ahead of Fraser at the moment.

Fraser spoke really well when he arrived and even said he'd watched our games and could see areas he could exploit.  Seems like he was talking keek, as he's not even shown a glimmer of anything positive.

He needs returned to sender.  Tait offers far more.

cosanostra
14 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

I totally hear you yes.  Grant and Fraser probably no better just my option really maybe he would get better in a team like Hearts 

Maybe. Hard to say. 

Our midfield needs wholesale changes again unfortunately. Devlin, Hoff, Barrie, Tait, Pollock and Denholm are possibly the only ones from this year who we'll still have. 

Dhanda is obviously incoming but we definitely need more to replace Fraser, Haring, Beni and possibly Grant. 

9 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We won’t be singing him so pointless giving him more time.  Let’s see Tait, Denholm and Pollock please 

100% this. 

Chuck Berry
9 hours ago, Rods said:

I am not going to be to hard on him. He is not a right winger yet this seems to be where he is playing.

That's what occured to me, being played out of position didn't help him.

Let's face it, he's on loan, he may never be our player.   Are Tait and Pollock better options?  Pollock has been playing wide for the B team and strolling it.

So boo boys, is Fraser the Nieuenhoff replacement? 

It was not his best game.. but I will give him time as hes only been here a month. 

feedthefox

Fraser moves like a wardrobe on ice, Grant made more forward passes in 10 minutes than Fraser did in 60 in fact Grant gets a raw deal I think while he's not stand out dynamic and goes unnoticed he quietly keeps the ball moving in the right direction bringing likes of Forrest much more into the game.

Skivingatwork

Fraser is probably the highest paid player at the club. We may not be picking up 100% of his wages but his take home will be higher than anyone else.

His performances and contribution should, therefore, be viewed through this lens. So far what we have seen is that he doesn’t add anything, or is an improvement on, what we already have.

I predict he’ll be back at Dundee Utd next season, assuming they get promoted.

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Sydney said:

Will Yan Dhanda be the number 10 next season?

We might find out after March 16th.

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, Parttimer1874 said:

Doesn't look interested and hasn't done anything to suggest he should be a starter currently. 

The game changed the moment he was subbed for Beni. 

11 hours ago, mscjambo said:

Looks miles short of match sharpness.

Has been cutting about in League one and I'm sorry levels looks miles off the pace.

I don't doubt he has ability but just not at the races at all tonight 

He wasn't even getting a regular game there. Naismith must have been worried about squad depth rather than quality, but he has looked tidy enough playing further in, but it's difficult to see what he is giving that's better than Denholm, Tait or Pollock, I doubt we'll be seeing much more of him.

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We won’t be singing him so pointless giving him more time.  Let’s see Tait, Denholm and Pollock please 

Yup

11 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Really poor tonight but I’ll judge him at the end of the season

Especially when we had Lembikissa on the beach. Given that he was subbed early it looks as if SN was giving him the chance but he didn't rise to the occasion.

11 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Spittal and Dhanda in, Fraser and Grant out. I can't imagine there would be too much difference in wages.

I quite like Grant who is usually quietly effective in midfield. 

Edited by upgotheheads

JamboJoker98

We expect time to settle and adapt - mitigated by how he should be familiar to the league, familiar with a Scottish derby etc, maybe arguably out of position...fine, whatever. What I can't really get my head around is that he didn't even look to get involved.

If you're trying to adapt and trying to offer something while out of position surely the minimum we can expect is it's not working out then show a bit of effort and desire, try to get involved, chase players down, demand the ball, put a challenge in! Don't think I saw any of that

11 minutes ago, H2 said:

Some of the comments here are really rather offensive to one of our players.

They haven't had much of a chance to stick the boot in recently so let them enjoy their 15 minutes

Jim Panzee

Was wondering if the derby wasn't the game to be playing Fraser who may still be adjusting to his new surroundings.

A few suggesting Tait a better option - but perhaps Naismith went for experience instead of Tait given it was the derby?

Even so, I didn't see Fraser contribute anything so couldn't have complained if subbed at half time.