Fraser

mr fox

I seasoned pro should  need much bedding in 

This guy is hopeless never getting kept on. I fail to see anything here better playing  tait 

Parttimer1874

Doesn't look interested and hasn't done anything to suggest he should be a starter currently. 

south morocco

Ineffective tonight out on the right. Forgettable performance. Hopefully he improves.

Lowry wasn't the answer. Grant isn't the answer and nor is Fraser. That was the very definition of a passenger tonight. Terrible. 

I am not going to be to hard on him. He is not a right winger yet this seems to be where he is playing.

Looks miles short of match sharpness.

Has been cutting about in League one and I'm sorry levels looks miles off the pace.

I don't doubt he has ability but just not at the races at all tonight 

No Idle Talk

He is a bit of a mystery at this point. He's obviously a better footballer than what we have seen so far in his time at Hearts. Yet he has done absolutely NOTHING for us since arriving here. Strange one. 

I think he needs time. I also think he doesn't have time. 

I was hopeful he was a good addition, but so far he's not been close to good enough for us to consider keeping him on.

kingantti1874

We won’t be singing him so pointless giving him more time.  Let’s see Tait, Denholm and Pollock please 

Absolutely shite. I haven’t seen anything to suggest he should be starting games for Hearts. Was amazed he came out for the second half. 

jonnyinfo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

We won’t be singing him so pointless giving him more time.  Let’s see Tait, Denholm and Pollock please 

Totally agree! 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, dannymack said:

FFS ....Give the laddie a ****ing chance ! 

Normally with you, but if he wants a deal with us he has to hit the ground running.  Hes not come in cold as was playing fairly regularly.  

He at least needs to run about for **** sake.  

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We can’t just chuck them in and hang them out to dry either. We’re managing them well at the moment, gradually giving them minutes at the right times and building their confidence up.

BackOfTheNet

Two things not mutually exclusive:

1. He’s new to the team, so needs time

2. He had a bad game

Just goes to show that the welts having a go at players new to Scottish football saying we need players ready to hit the ground running that there’s no such thing as as that really. Even Scottish players with Premiership experience have issues adjusting to a new team.

vladisacoward

He’s another one that has anyone with even half a per cent of understanding of the game asking what on earth Joe Savage sees here? And to think people are claiming they’d be gutted if Savage left. Not me. He’s done ok don’t get me wrong but no better than that. Fraser is no better than Grant so no idea why we signed him. And Grant isn’t good enough already either so that tells you where Fraser is at. As others have quite rightly said already - get rid of these over paid pointless journeymen and get Tait, Pollock and others a good run in the first team and let’s see what they can do.

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

We can’t just chuck them in and hang them out to dry either. We’re managing them well at the moment, gradually giving them minutes at the right times and building their confidence up.

true but denholm not featured for a while. And Tait frankly has been the best player on the pitch when on it.  I’d have no fear with them

cosanostra

Spittal and Dhanda in, Fraser and Grant out. I can't imagine there would be too much difference in wages.

tiger Rudi

Thought we relied too much on a hoof up the park trying to unsettle Bushiri tbh. I said before the game it was strange to play an untried 3 in the middle. Midfield didn't really get a grip of things tonight at all. Hoff being the exception. 

Fraser hardly involved at all and maybe unfair to criticise him too much how the game played out. He just doesn't look like the type of player we need.

If Dhanda comes in, I hope we get somebody better than Fraser to challenge in that position. 

kingantti1874

I wonder if we were after a bit more physicality / presence.  Hes a big lad and overall we are a small team.  

I know it’s a bit of a cliche but we really could use a bit more physicality IMO.  We don’t have much in the way of pace and and don’t have much in the way of presence.  Look at the rangers game on Saturday.  There were a number of reasons we got batter but pace and power was definitely a problem.  

And to be honest I thought the same again tonight Maolida and Marcondes you can tell have come from a higher level. 

saxondale

I'm always one to be patient and give players a chance, but he needs to show more - even just fleeting moments which indicate he can come good. But I'm not seeing that.

Not the sort of game he should ever be playing either.

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Spittal and Dhanda in, Fraser and Grant out. I can't imagine there would be too much difference in wages.

Far less probably 

22 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

22 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

We'd be mad to sign him permanently in the summer.

22 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Can't see us offering him a deal, unless he improves drastically.

I haven’t seen that he offers much at the moment, but he’s had decent career, and I’ve no doubt he’s a decent player, however I will caveat that with I’ve seen players turn fans opinion in a 90 minute performance 

I’ve seen too much football over the years to write him off just yet

Not strong enough on the ball, had plenty of it when he was on but could and should’ve been better. Needs more aggression, especially in a derby.

Nelly Terraces

Anonymous in every game he's played so far. Can't see him being kept on at the end of season & shouldn't even be in the squad for Sunday. 

Jim_Duncan

Assume he hadn’t played much this season before coming to us? Looks rusty as feck. 

joondalupjambo

Being played in the right wing was a strange one.  Hibs lots of tall timber and each time we had a corner, or a free kick into the box Fraser moved central to offset some of that problem.  Felt guy was a bit out his depth.  Would this have been one of the biggest games he had ever played in during his career?  Was trying to think what might have been bigger.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Skivingatwork

I don’t buy the whole playing on the wrong side stuff.  He’s an experienced player and had plenty of the ball in the fist half.  I was always waiting on him driving forward and cutting in on his left foot as Forrest did in the second but he just kept going backwards.

Bull's-eye

No idea why he started.

Its a derby, derbies define our season for a good number of supporters.

Looking like a stubborn streak in the Naismith style im not particularly fond off tbh.

Randy Marsh

Woeful.  Not really surprising though coming from League 1 in England.  It's a massive step up to the SPL despite what many might say.

Section Q

The manager at Charlton was happy for him to leave, and then he was replaced with another manager who was also happy for him to go.

Guys with his experience should be taking charge.  

Pretty sure we can find better.

Edited by Section Q

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agree. What's wrong with the recruitment that we have struggled to find even a half decent midfielder.

1 hour ago, jonnyinfo said:

We definitely need a number 10, Fraser and Grant aren't up to it 

How would we know if Fraser is or isn't up to playing No 10? he hasn't been played in that position for us since he came here!