Romanov Stories

Batistuta87

Batistuta87

Was listening to David Templeton on Open Goal the other day and he was telling a story about Romanov that I thought was brilliant. 

He'd got himself a new pair of boots and had done the usual putting Vaseline on them etc and had left them out to put on and go out to train. Had been away doing something else and when he comes back his boots are away. He's running a bit late so just sticks his old ones on and goes out to training, only to see Romanov in his new boots hitting free kicks into one of his staff.

Anyone else got any Mad Vlad stories that maybe aren't out in the mainstream? 

Fxxx the SPFL

Me and the wife were at the Livingston away game when Romanov travelled through on a Supporters Bus and stood in the crowd during the game. Wife went for a pish and whilst away my mobile started pinging with pictures of her kissing Romanov on her way to the bogs Sky had picked it up and one of my mates was in Spain on holiday and he said he couldn't believe it.

4-1 game i think and possibly Snodgrass scored for them

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

I hear he was so appalled by the amount of money Hibs ripped off the tax payer for when Farmer got their tax payer owned debt reduced , he paid the difference out of his own pocket 

John Findlay
32 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Me and the wife were at the Livingston away game when Romanov travelled through on a Supporters Bus and stood in the crowd during the game. Wife went for a pish and whilst away my mobile started pinging with pictures of her kissing Romanov on her way to the bogs Sky had picked it up and one of my mates was in Spain on holiday and he said he couldn't believe it.

You want to see the pics I've got from San Sebastian 😉😉

Boxing Roman Bednar has to be the best one, that or wanting to make his first team debut in the friendly against Barca.

I hit a couple of pens into him after the 2006 cup final parade when I was a wee boy :lol: had a family member working behind the scenes at the club and the staff let myself & my brother go kick a ball about on the tynie pitch while we were waiting on him finishing up, suddenly here's mad Vlad coming towards us to join in. He signed my "champions" top, still got it somewhere along with the ball which got signed by the team. He was a maniac and proved to be terrible at running a football club but he made my day that day..

davemclaren
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

In the morning before that match he addressed a hurriedly arranged meeting of the Shareholders Association in the Gorgie Duite. It was quite a weird meeting tbh. 😄

Telling JJ he was a world basketball champion. 

Basically he donated to a over 65's basketball team and in the dying seconds of the final he got subbed on as a thanks. Took the medal and told the world he won it.

He was 5 foot feck all too 🤣

8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Telling JJ he was a world basketball champion. 

Basically he donated to a over 65's basketball team and in the dying seconds of the final he got subbed on as a thanks. Took the medal and told the world he won it.

He was 5 foot feck all too 🤣

Seimas candidate Vladimir Romanov received almost 64 million euros as gifts  | en.15min.lt

Jim_Duncan

The absence of a solid gold statue of this man in the centre of the plaza is a disgrace. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

no comment

I just love the fact he's hiding out there somewhere in an old submarine. I mean how else would that mad b*stard be spending the rest of his days.

Lunatic and legend at the same time, brought us some great memories in what was a wild but fantastic time to be a supporter. We're lucky to be in the position we are now after all of that though! Couldn't have turned out better for us.

Edited by Chimp

He was a batshit mentalist arsehole.

But he was OUR batshit mentalist arsehole. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
26 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

The absence of a solid gold statue of this man in the centre of the plaza is a disgrace. 

This

Sydney Devine

For the Liverpool game down at Anfield in 2012, we were staying in the same hotel as the team and when they returned after the match.  John McGlynn and a number of other Hearts people sat beside us and had a few drinks in the foyer of the hotel.  Romanov arrived a little later and was followed by a couple of big henchmen!  As he strode past John (whose back was to the reception), Romanov slapped him really hard on the back and kept walking - without saying a word!  It was a good old whack!  I assume this was a congratulatory well done?   Once Romanov got in the lift everyone around just laughed and shrugged their shoulders!!  

The next morning as we were leaving the hotel - he was in the reception area in a kilt loving the attention of the photographers.

Australis

He was mad, I thought he was great.

Especially him telling our officials and football bodies that Scottish football was corrupt in favour of the Glasgow bum cheeks.

Think they still have it in for us because he called them out.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, Australis said:

He was mad, I thought he was great.

Especially him telling our officials and football bodies that Scottish football was corrupt in favour of the Glasgow bum cheeks.

Think they still have it in for us because he called them out.

I suppose there's quite a bit of irony in him calling anyone corrupt. 🥸

BelgeJambo

Not a story, but a scary thought that he was once a nuclear submarine commander.

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I suppose there's quite a bit of irony in him calling anyone corrupt. 🥸

It takes one to know one!

Jim_Duncan
34 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Not a story, but a scary thought that he was once a nuclear submarine commander.

I think he just bought a decommissioned one. 

Fxxx the SPFL
28 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I think he just bought a decommissioned one. 

Yep there was a bit the news recently only has submarine and no money allegedly 

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Yep there was a bit the news recently only has submarine and no money allegedly 

We’ve all been in that situation. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Mines a yellow one

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Sad, down to his last submarine. 🧐

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

I thought he was purely living / hiding on one that had been decommissioned.

It all makes for an excellent documentary in truth.   

Clark Griswold
3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

I remember this vividly as was sat only a few rows in front. Noticed a commotion behind me on the stairs and it was everyone wanting selfies with him in the stand! I am pretty sure he left very early, possibly half time?

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The problem is hardly anyone would believe it, and the vast majority of people outside of Scotland would think it was some fantasy story :lol:

Bungalow Bill

Did Vlad not win Lithuania’s version of Strictly?

Edited by Bungalow Bill

henrysmithsgloves
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

tenor-3950021235.gif

Shooter McGavin
15 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Did Vlad not win Lithuania’s version of Strictly?

I think he did, although I'm sure I he also had ownership of the broadcasting company 😄

Shooter McGavin
3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Boxing Roman Bednar has to be the best one, that or wanting to make his first team debut in the friendly against Barca.

What a left he had on him

:sweeet:

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Exactly.  Standing on the turret of his submarine with 1-5 hands.

Jim_Duncan
Just now, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Exactly.  Standing on the turret of his submarine with 1-5 hands.

I like it. 

Perhaps, in years to come, we could have a tapestry made of him passing the ‘frozen shares’, via Bryan Jackson, to Ms Budge in a maroon cool box. 

3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

I hit a couple of pens into him after the 2006 cup final parade when I was a wee boy :lol: had a family member working behind the scenes at the club and the staff let myself & my brother go kick a ball about on the tynie pitch while we were waiting on him finishing up, suddenly here's mad Vlad coming towards us to join in. He signed my "champions" top, still got it somewhere along with the ball which got signed by the team. He was a maniac and proved to be terrible at running a football club but he made my day that day..

Bull's-eye

Had his bank not made a few rash decisions we'd have won the CL by now.

😜

11 minutes ago, j1964m said:

The best bit is you can tell Bednar is absolutely raging knowing he could kill this man, but he can't because it's his boss :rofl: 

BelgeJambo
55 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Not sure if he was the actual Commander, but he served on K-19

2 hours ago, Chimp said:

I just love the fact he's hiding out there somewhere in an old submarine. I mean how else would that mad b*stard be spending the rest of his days.

Lunatic and legend at the same time, brought us some great memories in what was a wild but fantastic time to be a supporter. We're lucky to be in the position we are now after all of that though! Couldn't have turned out better for us.

All of this :rofl: 

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

The best bit is you can tell Bednar is absolutely raging knowing he could kill this man, but he can't because it's his boss :rofl: 

Yip. 😄

Ex member of the SaS

According Wiki :  In 2006, a section of K-19 was purchased by Vladimir Romanov, who once served on the submarine as a conscript, with the intention of "Turning it into a Moscow-based meeting place to build links between submarine veterans from Russia and other countries

Sacked George Burley when we were unbeaten with our best team in a generation and top of the league 

Haha what a guy..

He won two cups and we saw some quality players. Lots of madness and it ended terribly. I was quite young but my impression at the time was that Tynecastle would have been sold had Romanov not arrived.

WorldChampions1902

Seemingly, Vlad stopped his entourage at a remote farm, on the way to an Aberdeen game and asked the farmer to slaughter one of his sheep which he wanted to BBQ in celebration of our inevitable victory, on the way home.

Old MacDonald told him to bolt! As bats##t mental as that story is, it’s seemingly true, and was covered in a story printed in one of the fitba mags at the time.

RustyRightPeg
36 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

He won two cups and we saw some quality players. Lots of madness and it ended terribly. I was quite young but my impression at the time was that Tynecastle would have been sold had Romanov not arrived.

Yep. Christ knows what would've happened or who I'd be watching.

Bindy Badgy

Complete lunatic that almost cost us our club but he delivered two Scottish Cups and kept us at Tynie. God only knows where we would be if he hadn't come in and we had to relocate to Murrayfield.

Feels like a missed opportunity when you consider the amount of money invested and the quality of players that we had.