Mackay&Robbo

Selkirkhmfc1874

Great night, great stories and a great atmosphere

Massive credit to Kay for putting all personal feelings aside (he really, really hates Levein) and staying that Craig Levein was the best player he played with, though didn't realise he was about to head to Spurs when he got injured, had heard Man U were looking at him.

Selkirkhmfc1874
15 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Massive credit to Kay for putting all personal feelings aside (he really, really hates Levein) and staying that Craig Levein was the best player he played with, though didn't realise he was about to head to Spurs when he got injured, had heard Man U were looking at him.

It was widely reported at the time about spurs buddy 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Looking forward to getting emailed the photos, we got one taken with our selkirk hearts flag 

Benny Klack
3 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I remember Wallace Mercer defending Kenny Black and saying others never read his passes. 

ha - dammed by faint praise. I loved KB though 

Jack Torrance
3 hours ago, jambotony said:

I don't know why hearts dont monetise these events further by doing a PPV on hearts tv for international subscribers 

I think the stories would end up being more restrained. 😆

Agree though. They could build up a catalogue of events, that you could rent from the website.

19 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

ha - dammed by faint praise. I loved KB though 

Kenny Black was a great player for Hearts and an absolute pain in the arse at Airdrie.

2 hours ago, Bozi said:

He was also tapped up by the Huns - met Souness and Murray in a car park in South Queensferry.

Benny Klack
52 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Kenny Black was a great player for Hearts and an absolute pain in the arse at Airdrie.

👍 

JudyJudyJudy
9 hours ago, hisnameis said:

😄😆 brilliant

😄

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It was widely reported at the time about spurs buddy 

I was a wee laddie at the time but first time I had heard that Tbh 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Dunks said:

He was also tapped up by the Huns - met Souness and Murray in a car park in South Queensferry.

:oohmatron:

Benny Klack
On 03/03/2024 at 07:45, Bozi said:

might just be a senior moment but can’t remember why there was bad blood between Gary and Levein????

Bungalow Bill

I remember MacKay and Robbo doing a signing session in Sava-Centre at Cameron Toll. They were signing black and white photos of themselves. Must have been about 1989. I still have those photos somewhere. 

redtipsjambo
10 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

might just be a senior moment but can’t remember why there was bad blood between Gary and Levein????

Was it not because Gary thought Craig was at it when he said he had the flu prior to Dens Park game

24 minutes ago, redtipsjambo said:

Was it not because Gary thought Craig was at it when he said he had the flu prior to Dens Park game

Correct. 

On 03/03/2024 at 06:15, jambotony said:

I don't know why hearts dont monetise these events further by doing a PPV on hearts tv for international subscribers 

Not sure the guests would feel as free to recount stories candidly if they knew it was being aired. And it'd lose its air of exclusivity, which probably justified the entrance fee.

Wee Mikey

There was some decent merchandise on sale at the tables near the entrance.

For example, proper photos for a couple of quid.

I couldn't resist 👇

Screenshot_20240304_220100_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240304_220107_Gallery.jpg

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, redtipsjambo said:

Yeah that's exactly it