Mackay&Robbo

Selkirkhmfc1874

John Findlay

Was very tempted.

But got a 5.45am start Saturday morning.

With the company having a zero tolerance policy on alcohol in the body whilst at work, I just can't take the risk.

19 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Was very tempted.

With the company having a zero tolerance policy on alcohol in the body whilst at work, I just can't take the risk.

Maybe Robbo and MacKay would allow you in even if you've not to have a drink John. 

davemclaren
26 minutes ago, Chong said:

Maybe Robbo and MacKay would allow you in even if you've not to have a drink John. 

😄😄

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Chong said:

😅

Could someone ask Gary and John if they're still telepathic. 😊

1 hour ago, Chong said:

Afraid not. In the small print it states "This is a strictly alcohol only venue. Anyone found to be in possession of, or consuming, soft drinks, will be immediately ejected from the premises. Thank you for your cooperation"

Robbo and Mackay - what a double act - great guys - Many Decades ago in Magaluf Two friends and myself were in a disco - about 10pm so not mobbed yet. Robbo/Gary m and Dave bowman (plus Dave McPherson) were there and  had just come back from the under 18(?) world cup in Mexico so they were giving it laldy re boozing  - six of us started singing the Hearts song which soon turned into most of the club as it was Trades fortnight - DJ turned the music off so we could give the full rendition....followed by a varied repertoire. Robbo acted the most sober and told me he was drinking chocolate milkshakes - gave me a drink twice to prove it.....found out later that the lying wee bar steward was drinking numerous Brandy Alexanders (includes choc milk!!). Anyone walking in would have rubbed their eyes and thought it was a hearts social club. I also remember telling Dave McPh that I had a really strong feeling he would end up playing for Hearts - he replied that he reckoned not as he was a Rangers man and would never leave.(he also implied that this would be a large step down from the Weegie team) ............ mmmmmmmmm how things can change 

Lone Striker
3 hours ago, busbyfth said:

Robbo and Mackay - what a double act - great guys - Many Decades ago in Magaluf Two friends and myself were in a disco - about 10pm so not mobbed yet. Robbo/Gary m and Dave bowman (plus Dave McPherson) were there and  had just come back from the under 18(?) world cup in Mexico so they were giving it laldy re boozing  - six of us started singing the Hearts song which soon turned into most of the club as it was Trades fortnight - DJ turned the music off so we could give the full rendition....followed by a varied repertoire. Robbo acted the most sober and told me he was drinking chocolate milkshakes - gave me a drink twice to prove it.....found out later that the lying wee bar steward was drinking numerous Brandy Alexanders (includes choc milk!!). Anyone walking in would have rubbed their eyes and thought it was a hearts social club. I also remember telling Dave McPh that I had a really strong feeling he would end up playing for Hearts - he replied that he reckoned not as he was a Rangers man and would never leave.(he also implied that this would be a large step down from the Weegie team) ............ mmmmmmmmm how things can change 

Great story. 👍

Selkirkhmfc1874
20 hours ago, jamaroon said:

Three of us going along for the vip sesh - 6:30 ko.

3 of us also going to the vip 

Harry Potter
19 hours ago, busbyfth said:

May 1988 by any chance was there and met them, foster there as well, i was in the Santa Lucia that stuck out on the bay, Palma nova

8 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

May 1988 by any chance was there and met them, foster there as well, i was in the Santa Lucia that stuck out on the bay, Palma nova

It would have been before then. 1983, probably. McPherson was already at Hearts in 1988 

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

possibly 1983 ?

troonmaroon

Anyone know if the vip bit is in the 1874 bar and if not, whether 1874 will be open for those wanting a wee pint before doors open? Not had much info about it all. Was made clearer for the Robbo event. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
30 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

Anyone know if the vip bit is in the 1874 bar and if not, whether 1874 will be open for those wanting a wee pint before doors open? Not had much info about it all. Was made clearer for the Robbo event. 

Vip bit in 1874 bar and starts at 6pm not 6.30pm as says on ticket buddy ! Check your emails bcoz i got email saying about earlier start 

JudyJudyJudy

I’ve just been offered two tickets . My niece hubby can’t go , is it formal dress attire ? No decided whether to go yet 

JudyJudyJudy
On 28/02/2024 at 09:57, John Findlay said:

Was very tempted.

It’s no compulsory to drink John . If I go I’ll only have a couple 

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I’ve just been offered two tickets . My niece hubby can’t go , is it formal dress attire ? No decided whether to go yet 

Wear whatever you wish 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s no compulsory to drink John . If I go I’ll only have a couple 

Even a couple isn't compulsory.  😄

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Even a couple isn't compulsory.  😄

True . But that’s all I need 😂

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Wear whatever you wish 

Don’t encourage me 😎

Carl Fredrickson
21 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

GO! None of us are getting any younger and there may not be another opportunity to see these two legends together at such an event. 

Smart casual which I am sure you can pull off......

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

GO! None of us are getting any younger and there may not be another opportunity to see these two legends together at such an event. 

Smart casual which I am sure you can pull off......

Yes why not ! Have a lot of affection for those two legends . Be great to hear their reminiscences . Now the hard part ! What to wear 😎

Carl Fredrickson
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes why not ! Have a lot of affection for those two legends . Be great to hear their reminiscences . Now the hard part ! What to wear 😎

image.png.a27125e34059c4f9a96b5cc365fa76e2.png

JudyJudyJudy
41 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

image.png.a27125e34059c4f9a96b5cc365fa76e2.png

That’s a bit outrageous . Probably just tone it down the night . 

IMG_7438.jpeg

Carl Fredrickson
42 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_7438.jpeg

:greggy:

Great night … great stories …. Robbo  and Kay on great form …. Club should do more of these nights. 

Fort Vallance
3 minutes ago, Arry said:

Great night … great stories …. Robbo  and Kay on great form …. Club should do more of these nights. 

Absolutely.  Really good night and a good informal atmosphere. 

Stanley_
5 minutes ago, Arry said:

There's already been a Robbo one in October and there's a goalies one coming up on 29th March.

JudyJudyJudy

Yes echoing others it was a great night. Great banter between Robbo and Gary . Well hosted by Scott Wilson too . Robbo has a terrific memory of many of the matches , in contrast to Gary who admitted he hasn’t such a good memory but remembered more the “ social” aspect , in particular of the Euro matches ! .  

Selkirkhmfc1874

Just back home , brilliant night in the company of 2 absolute Heart Of Midlothian legends 

Wee Mikey
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Just back home , brilliant night in the company of 2 absolute Heart Of Midlothian legends 

I couldn't keep my eyes off the screens ...

The vids of classic Hearts goals were sublime.

Scott Wilson was tremendous as a host.

The view of our pitch was worth it in itself:-

Screenshot_20240302_034534_Gallery.jpg

Wee Mikey
On 28/02/2024 at 07:13, Benny Klack said:

Can’t go but should be a cracking night - 2 of my absolute favourites growing up.

Kenny Black got several mentions. 👍

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Absolutely buddy

Selkirkhmfc1874
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

The funniest one about him standing at the bar with his trousers down , he's was obviously a bit of a character 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The funniest one about him standing at the bar with his trousers down , he's was obviously a bit of a character 

Liked a good bevvy did Kenny.

JudyJudyJudy
6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

What a view. The venue is supberb too. 

Benny Klack
20 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Very underrated player at Tynecastle was Kenny - got the “boo boy” treatment for a while too. Tough tackler but great left foot 👍

hisnameis
On 01/03/2024 at 20:45, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_7438.jpeg

😄😆 brilliant

No Idle Talk

I would have loved to have been at this. Two of my heroes right there. I bet the stories they had to tell were fantastic.

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

Very underrated player at Tynecastle was Kenny - got the “boo boy” treatment for a while too. Tough tackler but great left foot 👍

I remember Wallace Mercer defending Kenny Black and saying others never read his passes. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
39 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I would have loved to have been at this. Two of my heroes right there. I bet the stories they had to tell were fantastic.

Brilliant buddy , they were both in great form

jambotony

I don't know why hearts dont monetise these events further by doing a PPV on hearts tv for international subscribers 

Selkirkhmfc1874
21 minutes ago, jambotony said:

I don't know why hearts dont monetise these events further by doing a PPV on hearts tv for international subscribers 

Not a bad idea at all