Playing Celtic v Playing Rangers

No Idle Talk

No Idle Talk

I don't know what the stats are on this. 

I'm just talking anecdotaly. I know we get gubbed by Celtic a lot but I feel like on any given day we might turn up against them. I honestly think we're going to beat them at Tynecastle next weekend.

But Rangers. We are so feeble against that lot. It pisses me right off.

Man up Hearts ffs. Yes they are better than us, yes they have more money than us. But we have to put up more of a fight than that. That was garbage. It's not the first time.

Edited by No Idle Talk

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

I'm just talking anecdotaly. I know we get gubbed by Celtic a lot but I feel like on any given day we might turn up against them. I honestly think we're going to beat them at Tynecastle next weekend.

Man up Hearts ffs. Yes they are better than us, yes they have more money than us. But we have to put up more of a fight than that. That was garbage. It's not the first time.

They have a bigger budget and better players, so apparently it's perfectly acceptable to get gubbed 5-0. 

Rangers play Hearts perfectly. Their high press and getting it wide quick for 2 v 1 had us in all sorts of bother yesterday. Atkinson and Cochrane overrun time after time. In the middle Frankie Kent is horrendous with the ball at his feet under pressure. Rowles is so weak it’s frightening. Kingsley is our best CH and that’s not even his position by trade. 

spirt of 98
2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Genuine thought. Is it all the Rangers supporters we have in the team not trying as hard against their team. Then being right up for tanning Celtic. We will never know! 

Seaside Dave

Stats are majority of the time we are dogshit against Glasgow. Any win we get should be a bonus. Playing them in the league doesn't shape our season. We need to beat everyone else in the league. In the cup it's a one off game against then Which we again are majority on the losing but when we win it's absolutely fantastic 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

OP is correct. We haven’t beat them since Stendels two games IIRC. Since then it’s been a shocking run. 

We do not seem only a finger in them and it’s highly frustrating. Aberdeen gave them more of a game ffs. ABERDEEN.

Seaside Dave
2 minutes ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

OP is correct. We haven’t beat them since Stendels two games IIRC. Since then it’s been a shocking run. 

We do not seem only a finger in them and it’s highly frustrating. Aberdeen gave them more of a game ffs. ABERDEEN.

It's a cup final for Aberdeen to do well against them. Leave them be and let them rot away well beneath us 

1874robbo
5 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

It's a cup final for Aberdeen to do well against them. Leave them be and let them rot away well beneath us 

It should be like a cup final for us too.

Seaside Dave
Just now, 1874robbo said:

It should be like a cup final for us too.

Would rather make it to actual cup finals than make a league game a cup final. We are miles behind glasgow it will never change. If they **** off down to England then we will be champions of Scotland again. But if not 3rds the best 

tiger Rudi

If you showed somebody the stats from the game how many would correctly guess the actual score? 

Compared to some games away to the OF you could actually say we done ok in some aspects of the game. 

Every single goal was avoidable and came from individual errors or comic cuts defending. They scored early in each half and probably could have scored more. 

Main culprits for us were Atkinson, Beni, Rowles and Kent. When 3 out of 5 defenders play shit and the guy supposed to be protecting them also has a mare, the possibility of a drubbing is always going to be the end result. Screenshot_20240225-082844.thumb.jpg.f03af3bc53083c61cbe718b51d93c584.jpg

been here before
10 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

If you showed somebody the stats from the game how many would correctly guess the actual score? 

Compared to some games away to the OF you could actually say we done ok in some aspects of the game. 

Which is why, other than the final score, following "stats" is absolute shite.

50 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Genuine thought. Is it all the Rangers supporters we have in the team not trying as hard against their team. Then being right up for tanning Celtic. We will never know! 

We do know. That's unadulterated pish.

tiger Rudi
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Which is why, other than the final score, following "stats" is absolute shite.

Yep it is shite but I think it also shows that being behind 1 nil and taking the game to them was at best, naive. 

Look at re-runs of the second goal. Doesn't matter what camera angle is viewed, Atkinson is nowhere to be seen. The eventual goalscorer is in our RB position. Playing with WB's all goes tits up when one of the CB's gives the ball away cheaply. Both him and Cochrane were that far up the pitch, neither of them could get back. 

A good old fashioned back 4 where our fullbacks stay behind the ball would surely be a better option when trying to keep things tight against better opposition than ourselves. 

The first goal Atkinson takes the ball inside only to lose possession, rather than find a man upfield further forward, then Beni is beaten far too easily when the ball eventually comes in. 

As others including me have mentioned, a RB is badly needed in the summer. 

1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

And the moon howling begins....

PS. You might want to check our recent record v Celtic.

Edited by Sir PH

AC Mallin_51

Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be a lot of seasons where we don’t take at least one shafting in Glasgow. Credit to Naismith, before yesterday we certainly looked like we were getting that a bit better with all respectable performances at ibrox and parkhead up until yesterday.

Not making excuses cos we were really poor yesterday but I think most teams would’ve been on the end of what we got yesterday. I think we played rangers at a really bad time, the boost they’ve gotten going to ibrox knowing the league is in their hands shown through yesterday. They really did look the best side in the country by far. As poor as we were unfortunately a lot of that result came down to playing a much better team with much better players who are full of confidence.

If we can bounce back on Wednesday I fancy us to give Celtic a much tougher time next week

Stupid Sexy Flanders
1 hour ago, spirt of 98 said:

**** sake, the Celtic "lying down" moon-howling patter has actually now infected actual Hearts supporters! 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

What a shite excuse and shite post. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

Every single goal was avoidable and came from individual errors or comic cuts defending. They scored early in each half and probably could have scored more. 

Main culprits for us were Atkinson, Beni, Rowles and Kent. When 3 out of 5 defenders play shit and the guy supposed to be protecting them also has a mare, the possibility of a drubbing is always going to be the end result. Screenshot_20240225-082844.thumb.jpg.f03af3bc53083c61cbe718b51d93c584.jpg

Jesus ****ing Christ. So because of the stats above yesterday was acceptable? What a load of total horse dung. 

1874robbo
1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

Would rather make it to actual cup finals than make a league game a cup final. We are miles behind glasgow it will never change. If they **** off down to England then we will be champions of Scotland again. But if not 3rds the best 

So battling for Europe doesn’t matter then?

we will just roll over and have our bellies tickled by the old firm because it’s not a cup final.

ffs what a shambles of a post 😂😂😂

Bazzas right boot

I think it's more simpler. 

If you start shite and  chuck early goals in you can get gubbed by either.

Celtic beat us 4-1 at Tynecastle earlier, you have to start well by staying solid and not conceding early, at Ibrox yesterday we conceded early and folded.

All about the defence and frustrating them.

We ****ed it.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

N Lincs Jambo

Watched the first half yesterday. One factor that seems to be getting ignored is that Clement seems to be doing a hell of a good job in making these players who are worth far more than ours actually look the part. As much as I hate to say it I thought the huns were excellent in the first half although their second goal came just as we were starting to get a foothold in the game. That goal killed it.

Like the OP I expect a far closer game against the tims. Rodgers seems to be having the polar opposite effect to Clement and I can see Rangers winning the title at a canter. Wouldn't be too surprised to see Motherwell get something today (having said that, 6-0 Celtic!).

Saint Jambo
5 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

In our previous three league games against Rangers, we had lost twice by a single goal and drawn one. On each of those games we put up a fight.

The reaction to yesterday's defeat is beyond crazy in the context of our recent form.

Bull's-eye

Were just Shit, Shite team, Shite manager, Shite support except the seriel moaners & Craig Gordon. Everything is Shite. 

Shite shite shite.

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

We do know. That's unadulterated pish.

Oh, I can top that.

How about this? Naisy & Clark had a wee 'arrangement' with the Refs' Union to engineer a solid victory for The Rangers in return for favourable decisions going forward?

😉

spirt of 98
1 hour ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

**** sake, the Celtic "lying down" moon-howling patter has actually now infected actual Hearts supporters! 

Why do you say this. It’s a genuine consideration. Team never turns up v Sevco. 

Bunny Munro

Unless I'm mistaken, before the 2-0 at Celtic park our last win was 1-0 Lafferty in 2018. I think we lost every game in between with the exception of the cup final (2-2 at 90, lost on pens). Since that game we've beaten rangers twice and drawn twice, plus a 0-0 at 90 in the cup.

Edited by Bunny Munro

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, spirt of 98 said:

If we try harder against Celtic I’d hate to see us not trying against them!  What’s our record against them - 19 defeats out of the last 20 or something? 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Unless I'm mistaken, before the 2-0 at Celtic park our last win was 1-0 Lafferty in 2018. I think we lost every game in between with the exception of the cup final (2-2 at 90, lost on pens). Since that game we've beaten rangers twice and drawn once, plus a 0-0 at 90 in the cup.

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory!  

There’s posters on here that think Rangers try harder against us than they do against Aberdeen too.  You couldn’t make up some of the bat shit crazy stuff on here at times, it’s quite an eye opener!

10 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Do we turn up against Celtic? 

tiger Rudi
1 hour ago, RudiSkacelsLeftPeg said:

Jesus ****ing Christ. So because of the stats above yesterday was acceptable? What a load of total horse dung. 

Where do I say it was acceptable? It was naive performance wise and evidence that going toe to toe against either of the OF is pure folly. All this "let's have a go pish" is exactly that.... pish. I'm just highlighting why keeping it tight at the back and not taking the game to them would maybe result in "poorer" stats but would give better results. 

At 1 nil down we had a go. End result..... humiliated. 

Stendelnator
17 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Unless I'm mistaken, before the 2-0 at Celtic park our last win was 1-0 Lafferty in 2018. I think we lost every game in between with the exception of the cup final (2-2 at 90, lost on pens). Since that game we've beaten rangers twice and drawn twice, plus a 0-0 at 90 in the cup.

You’re mistaken 

Saint Jambo
22 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Did we not turn up in our two previous visits to Ibrox when we drew 2-2 and lost 2-1 only after conceding two very late goals?

4 hours ago, Sir PH said:

They have a bigger budget and better players, so apparently it's perfectly acceptable to get gubbed 5-0. 

If I could be bothered, I'd quantify the expected goals / budget|player quality and you'd probably see that Rangers and Celtic underperform the majority of the time.

Not saying yesterday wasn't a horrid wake-up call but nonetheless **** them anyway. 

Saint Jambo
5 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Go on then, what have I missed?

We beat them in the first game of the 2021/22 season. Souttar scoring right at the end.

Bunny Munro
34 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

16 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

You’re mistaken 

6 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Go on then, what have I missed?

Christ, two mistakes. 

Missed a draw with rangers and forgot about the GMS/Souttar game.

Apologies all.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
32 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

While our record against both is dreadful, I believe the stats show we've actually done slightly better against Rangers than Celtic over the years. 

So no, it's not a genuine consideration, unless you're a paranoid conspiracy lunatic. 

Benny Klack
5 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

This is absolute nonsense 

Benny Klack
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Were just Shit, Shite team, Shite manager, Shite support except the seriel moaners & Craig Gordon. Everything is Shite. 

Shite shite shite.

Shite post 👍

Interestingly Rangers were quite willing to throw it in the box from wide areas. Even though we have an excellent defensive record this year and have dealt with crosses very well. 

As it turns out we had a very bad day at the office defensively and did not deal with cross balls. 

Celtic on the other hand will very rarely throw the ball in the box and we got our shape spot on at Celtic park to stop them playing through us. 

I want to he optimistic about our chances at Tynie vs. a poor Celtic team but I’m not going to let myself, as every time I think that way we get scudded by the OF. 

Seaside Dave
3 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

So battling for Europe doesn’t matter then?

we will just roll over and have our bellies tickled by the old firm because it’s not a cup final.

ffs what a shambles of a post 😂😂😂

No I just don't expect us to beat rangers or Celtic anytime we play them. If we do it's a bonus. If we don't as long as we beat everyone else in the league we will be grand for Europe etc. 

1874robbo

There are times when I do expect to beat them but I always expect us to at least try 

yesterday was abysmal!!!

Ex member of the SaS
7 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Great conspiracy theory but surely our Aussies don't support the bigots? When you have to normally solid players having a bad game it shows up more, in fact it only takes one defender to have a mare and the rest get flustered trying to compensate.

HeartsandonlyHearts

Yesterday was poor by way too many players on the same day. You can’t go 12 undefeated and then just become $#!te. 
Clark-Time for a change.

Kent- Terrible

Rowles- Poor

Kingsley- A pass

Atkinson- 2/3 brain farts every game. 
Cochrane- Dear in the headlights yesterday

Grant- 32nd minute he took a free kick. That’s when I first noticed he was on

Hoff- Tried, jogged back for their second

Beni- Needs to stop getting caught in possession close to our goal

Vargas- Tough game for a forward after their first goal

Shankland- Never hides. Good captain. No service.

Subs. Not a great game to be a sub and be expected to change much. 3-0 down at halftime would be tough for 1970 Brazil.

We move on to #!bs and regroup. Big game for any player starting.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Great conspiracy theory but surely our Aussies don't support the bigots? When you have to normally solid players having a bad game it shows up more, in fact it only takes one defender to have a mare and the rest get flustered trying to compensate.

Or our English, Japanese & Costa Rican players. I think that poster is an interloper on the wind up tbh. 

5 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sorry mate, you can't come on here posting actual facts.  That goes against the conspiracy theories for some folk. 

I think this is one we can blame on the coaches aswell as the players  and that's not to be taken as uber critical.

Clement has sussed us out and has a blue print to beat us, easy with better players I know. 

It's up to our coaching.staff to analyse our previous games against them forensically and hone in on our shortcomings.

We then try and develop at strategy to take points off them as other weaker clubs than us have done.

Clement is finding it fairly easy to set up his team to beat us It's up to our coaching staff to disrupt that ,however hard the task is.

By The Light..

The last game at Ibrox was close but the 12th man VAR screwed that and we were probably only close due to Beale.

Likewise winning 2 nil at Celtic probably down to Brenda so hopefully he gets his jotters after Sunday.

Really do not want a cup semi or final against Rangers this season so hopefully Hibs beat them!

Wee Mikey
22 minutes ago, By The Light.. said:

The last game at Ibrox was close but the 12th man VAR screwed that and we were probably only close due to Beale.

Likewise winning 2 nil at Celtic probably down to Brenda so hopefully he gets his jotters after Sunday.

Really do not want a cup semi or final against Rangers this season so hopefully Hibs beat them!

Stoap it!

By The Light..
3 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Stoap it!

you no wanting another hampden party against the wee team?