Bring on the Hibs

Bozi

Bad day today, but realistically we are at least a year or two away from pushing the bigots harder. The improvement in the team has been rapid and amazing but setbacks and our reaction to them is how we will be defined as a team...

So let's get this out of our system, realise we are not world beaters but not terrible either and get back to what we do well

Spanking the Leithers and sending them home to their beds while we have a party 

thegreatsd

Our daft wee neighbours always have a way of lifting our spirits in tough times. A great fixture for us to have after today. Looking forward to it. Mon the JT’s 🇱🇻

Ron Burgundy
16 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Bad day today, but realistically we are at least a year or two away from pushing the bigots harder. The improvement in the team has been rapid and amazing but setbacks and our reaction to them is how we will be defined as a team...

So let's get this out of our system, realise we are not world beaters but not terrible either and get back to what we do well

We are light years never mind one or two from pushing them. 
The rest of the list I agree with. 
FTH. 

A quick look on Vermin.net and they don't seem to be typing too much gloating over our heavy defeat to the Hun, no doubt because those mutants know they have led with the chin too many times and their words have been rammed back up their farters.

We really need to give them a doing in the derby.

feedthefox
5 hours ago, Bozi said:

OP is bang on. Some of the in play kickback commentary was a bit daft, we're best of the rest by a decent margin but still well short of top two. 

Hearts1975

I genuinely believe that the dressing room will be absolutely seething, and that the players will be grouping together, and they will only know one way, to get the rangers result out of their system 

I have a real hunch that someone is going to get it, over 90 minutes, and very very soon. 

The derby has came at a perfect time for us. Our mentality was strong going into the rangers game. One heavy defeat should give the players a perfect opportunity, to show  that we have the mentality to react, and in the proper fashion.

This was a bad day at the office, and nothing else. 

The vermin will be in the firing line as a direct result. More convinced than anything, that this will be the case. 

Edited by Hearts1975

lost in space

Going by recent TV highlights the hobos have improved - at least up front. Their goalkeeper and defence are thankfully, still poor. 

We surely will start with 4 at the back - so who plays at RB? I dont fancy Natty after yesterday and we know Dexter is not a good defender. Sibbick at RB?

They know we dont start well and our fans will get quickly angry if we dont push forward.

Do we play Beni? - doesnt look fit to me. He shouldnt start in this game (IMO).

Can Naismith get a second half performance - in the first half?

Hobos had a back line yesterday that included Miller + Rocky. We have to go for it from the start.

Could be a high scoring game. I will be surprised if both teams dont score. 

Killie play The Rangers.   

2-2 would not be a bad result for us.

August Landmesser
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Going by recent TV highlights the hobos have improved - at least up front. Their goalkeeper and defence are thankfully, still poor. 

We surely will start with 4 at the back - so who plays at RB? I dont fancy Natty after yesterday and we know Dexter is not a good defender. Sibbick at RB?

They know we dont start well and our fans will get quickly angry if we dont push forward.

Hobos had a back line yesterday that included Miller + Rocky. We have to go for it from the start.

Killie play The Rangers.   

I assume you mean in the Killie game?

lost in space
1 minute ago, August Landmesser said:

I assume you mean in the Killie game?

I take your point.

I actually meant the Derby. A draw is a poor result for the hobos (keeps them in bottom half and Sheep may catch them). A draw - with Killie not winning (probably) is ok for us. I know we want to pump them - but a draw isnt bad for us!

Go for it 1308
14 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Killie play The Rangers.   

2-2 a good result....are you having a f*****g laugh?

We are Heart of Midlothian FC.  We always go into a derby game against the vermin expecting a win at all costs and nothing else! 

I never want that 'Hibs mentality' of thinking that a draw is enough, or a good result against our city rivals. 

We should never have that mindset accepted by our club or our fans. It's in our DNA.....we own them ...we beat them...always. The games against them are the most important games of our season. ALWAYS!!!

The omens are good for Wednesday as it happens to be the 35th anniversary of that famous night when I stood under the old shed watching us beat the famous Bayern Munich with one of the best goals ever seen at Tynie.

same result will do me…

lost in space
7 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

2-2 a good result....are you having a f*****g laugh?

We are Heart of Midlothian FC.  We always go into a derby game against the vermin expecting a win at all costs and nothing else! 

I never want that 'Hibs mentality' of thinking that a draw is enough, or a good result against our city rivals. 

We should never have that mindset accepted by our club or our fans. It's in our DNA.....we own them ...we beat them...always. The games against them are the most important games of our season. ALWAYS!!!

I didnt say it would be a good result. I said it wouldnt be a bad result. 

Go for it 1308
1 minute ago, lost in space said:

I didnt say it would be a good result. I said it wouldnt be a bad result. 

You're not getting it are you? 

2-2 would be and should be looked at as a bad result.

As a club, and as fans We always expect to beat Hibs. 

Nothing more and nothing less.

Save that 2-2 draw, ' not bad result'  mentality for Hibs and their fans. They hate the fact that we treat these matches as the most important games of our season.

Wee Mikey

If h1b5 draw against us at Tynie (again) sparking scenes of unbridled jubilation and a near lap of honour then I will not be a happy laddie. A loss is unthinkable.

As for tactics, this may sound a tad facetious but, with Shanks' late winner at their gaff in mind, we've all seen our 'keepers during warm-ups pinging balls with Luke Littler accuracy to their coach.

Hence, when appropriate, our 'keeper should aim to land one right on Rocky's bonce from a great height with a couple of our boys (say Vargas & Shanks) bearing down on him. Chances are that Rocky will gift a golden opportunity.