Thrashings

the posh bit

the posh bit

Don't happen too often in fairness. Few 5-zips in recent years, the Scottish Cup doing in the Administration season and being 4-0 down to Fiorentina at half time. Just wondered if at any time during a recent thrashing anyone had given thought to not being all that fussed about shipping a few more and getting the rats off our record books? 

I could live with it likesay. 😊

Kirky Jambo

Weirdly my mentality becomes not really caring about damage limitation but just wanting to see us get a goal. Eg if Shanks header had gone in it would at least have got him further ahead in the charts.

Obviously assuming goal difference isn’t a key factor at the time.

Dont really give Hibs a second thought tbh, but assume your comment must relate to when they won 7-2 about a century ago

No chance. Shipping 4 or 5 to Celtic and Rangers is embarrassing enough. The idea of shipping 7 or 8 to them is utterly humiliating.

I can live with the 7-0. It's about the only comfort blanket those ****s have got over us. It was a run of the mill league derby that took place over 50 years ago. I'm only 30, thus makes no real difference to me.

Captain Sausage

Last time we lost 5-0 to one of the old firm in Glasgow and played Hibs next, we won 5-1. 

Get your money on folks…

the posh bit
Just now, Captain Sausage said:

Last time we lost 5-0 to one of the old firm in Glasgow and played Hibs next, we won 5-1. 

Get your money on folks…

That definitely wasn't the last time we lost 5-0 in Glasgow however I like your thinking. 

Nessjambo67
1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

That definitely wasn't the last time we lost 5-0 in Glasgow however I like your thinking. 

Your correct we’ve had a couple of 5 0 hidings from Celtic in the weeg in recent years 

the posh bit
8 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Your correct we’ve had a couple of 5 0 hidings from Celtic in the weeg in recent years 

Couple from Newco too, unfortunately. 

Pans Jambo

6th Feb 2022. 2 years ago. 
5-0 scudding at ibrox. 

From todays team:

Kingsley

Cochrane

Beni

Devlin

Atkinson

All played. Plus C.Gordon. 

Edited by Pans Jambo

16 minutes ago, Pap said:

2013, when Celtic beat us 7-0 at Tynecastle 😌

Christ thanks for that I’d managed to mentally block that until now, we were on minus points with a transfer embargo and a team of kids and Van Dijk still felt the need to noise us up

Edited by BigAlim

Wee Mikey
47 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

5-0 scudding at ibrox. 

From todays team:

Kingsley

Cochrane

Beni

Devlin

Atkinson

Different sort of thrashing, but ...

See when the team got back?

Naisy: "Ok, you five. Once is forgivable but twice most certainly is not. Over here. NOW, and bend over."

Pans Jambo
15 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Different sort of thrashing, but ...

See when the team got back?

Naisy: "Ok, you five. Once is forgivable but twice most certainly is not. Over here. NOW, and bend over."

:laugh2:

16 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

5-0 scudding at ibrox. 

From todays team:

Kingsley

Cochrane

Beni

Devlin

Atkinson

Its something that annoys me when in interviews points are made about the group of players learning from these games etc. there is enough experience in the team to know how to handle the occasion. They didn't, and perhaps thats food for thought for Naismith in the summer. 

Its all well and good when the manager is working with a fresh group of players, but as you point out, the core of this team has been together for a couple of years now and the idea that in our what, 8 previous games against the OF we've not understood that you need to turn up in these games is complete nonsense. Certain players dropped the ball and gave their teammates a mountain to climb. 

PapaShango

5-0 scudding at ibrox. 

From todays team:

Kingsley

Cochrane

Beni

Devlin

Atkinson

Our defence that day was just as shambolic. Moore and Sibbick played and both were as good as no good if I can recall.

indianajones

7-0 was so long ago its an utter irrelevance and straw clutching to the extreme. Was it worth 2 points? 

Its not even the record goals scored in a derby ffs.  

AC Mallin_51

5-0 scudding at ibrox. 

From todays team:

Kingsley

Cochrane

Beni

Devlin

Atkinson

Scooshed 3rd and got to the cup final that season aswell and Rangers are a much better side now. Yesterday is definitely not a complete out of the ordinary occurrence…

Unfortunately 

ArcticJambo
23 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Scooshed 3rd and got to the cup final that season aswell and Rangers are a much better side now. Yesterday is definitely not a complete out of the ordinary occurrence…

Unfortunately 

Said I wouldn't get involved again but this Rangers team is not better than the 2022 one, no chance!

dannymack
22 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Don't happen too often in fairness. Few 5-zips in recent years, the Scottish Cup doing in the Administration season and being 4-0 down to Fiorentina at half time. Just wondered if at any time during a recent thrashing anyone had given thought to not being all that fussed about shipping a few more and getting the rats off our record books? 

Absolutely not. 

Hibs are irrelevant regardless of their fluke 0-7 win. 

That scoreline can remain in our record books, our day in May 2012 eclipsed that despite them beating Rangers in 2016.

I hope they curl up and die !

The Treasurer

Surprised no one else has called out the OP for the wee team trolling that it clearly is 

AC Mallin_51
4 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Said I wouldn't get involved again but this Rangers team is not better than the 2022 one, no chance!

League table says otherwise 

Go for it 1308
On 24/02/2024 at 19:40, the posh bit said:

I'll be thrashing myself into a coma after the match on Wednesday night. Cmon Hearts!!!!🙂

641235855_giphy(3).gif.7b42e889b7f52320087aa2d2afbb5588.gif.921451f137b638444a1062d5346e4261.gif

colinmaroon
On 24/02/2024 at 19:58, Rick James said:

No chance. Shipping 4 or 5 to Celtic and Rangers is embarrassing enough. The idea of shipping 7 or 8 to them is utterly humiliating.

I can live with the 7-0. It's about the only comfort blanket those ****s have got over us. It was a run of the mill league derby that took place over 50 years ago. I'm only 30, thus makes no real difference to me.

I was there.  Drove almost 200 miles and put a piston rod through the cylinder block at Ingleston.  Nightmare getting car to a garage on New Year's Day.  Then to get back to Southend (Campbeltown) minus car.  It was not my favourite New Year's Day.

I wouldn't swap a 7-0 against them for 2012, let alone 22 in a row and Terence Stamp etc.

Benny Klack
On 24/02/2024 at 19:40, the posh bit said:

clearly a hobbit

On 24/02/2024 at 20:00, Captain Sausage said:

Get your money on folks…

😂

I’m still a young(ish) hearts fan, but the most humiliating scudding I remember was the 5-0 loss away to Livi back in 2018, at least we have the comfort blanket of "they spend a lot of money" when we humped off the OF.

Benny Klack
2 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Grow the **** up. 

Mind boggling to think you’d take an 8-0 defeat for the reasons you state. 

Were you in goals that day in 1973 or something? 😂😂😂

Silvery_Moon
On 24/02/2024 at 20:00, Captain Sausage said:

Get your money on folks…

On 24/02/2024 at 20:02, the posh bit said:

On 24/02/2024 at 21:25, Nessjambo67 said:

Think @Captain Sausage was just meaning the last time we lost by 5 the old firm and Hibs was the next fixture as it was in May 2012

the posh bit
4 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

Mind boggling to think you’d take an 8-0 defeat for the reasons you state. 

Were you in goals that day in 1973 or something? 😂😂😂

I didn't say I wanted an 8 goal defeat. I was merely pointing out the silver lining and saying I could live with it. 😉

Worst defeat i attended versus Rangers 6-1 scottish cup march 1980 after taking the lead in first minute

6 minutes ago, JAMBOBAR said:

Worst defeat i attended versus Rangers 6-1 scottish cup march 1980 after taking the lead in first minute

We got something for quickest goal of the tournament I seem to remember,Hearts fans were in the main stand enclosure.

ArcticJambo
3 minutes ago, bigdav said:

We got something for quickest goal of the tournament I seem to remember,Hearts fans were in the main stand enclosure.

Would that have been because they hadn't quite completed the Broomloan Rd by then?

I was at Ibrox for the opening of the Govan stand in late 1981, frinedly vs Liverpool, who humped them 2-0. Stood in that same enclosure. Less than a year later I was sitting first row of the upper Broomloan seeing Hearts go down similarly, 2 nil in the first leg of the LC semi.  I don't recall if we had the lower section too that night but apparently there were just 22.5k there! (upper holds 4.5 and lower 3 I believe).

Strangely enough I was also there for the opening game of the 14/15 championship season, where we rained on their flag raising ceremony and renaming of the Govan stand, the Sandy Jardine Stand (top bloke).  Thank you Osman Sow.  Think we also had a small section of the lower Broonloan that day too. 

7 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Would that have been because they hadn't quite completed the Broomloan Rd by then?

I was at Ibrox for the opening of the Govan stand in late 1981, frinedly vs Liverpool, who humped them 2-0. Stood in that same enclosure. Less than a year later I was sitting first row of the upper Broomloan seeing Hearts go down similarly, 2 nil in the first leg of the LC semi.  I don't recall if we had the lower section too that night but apparently there were just 22.5k there! (upper holds 4.5 and lower 3 I believe).

Strangely enough I was also there for the opening game of the 14/15 championship season, where we rained on their flag raising ceremony and renaming of the Govan stand, the Sandy Jardine Stand (top bloke).  Thank you Osman Sow.  Think we also had a small section of the lower Broonloan that day too. 

Can't remember but a year before I was there when we got beat 5-3 and was just on the terracing with the Rangers fans.

ArcticJambo
3 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Can't remember but a year before I was there when we got beat 5-3 and was just on the terracing with the Rangers fans.

Okay. According to wiki they tore down the west terracing in '78 and built the Copland Rd, then a year later ('79) did the same for the East terracing and built the Broomloan Rd. By '81 they had completed the Govan, and played the first official game with the new complete stadium refurb against their brothers from the east end in Sep of that year.

So perhaps you were on the terracing opposite the main stand?  It's a ground I would have loved to have visited before the redevelopment. One of the largest capacity grounds in world football. In fact, I believe Glasgow hosted the three biggest football stadia in the world at one point, well according to Dougray Scott's : Bring Football Home, which is currently on iplayer.

AC Mallin_51

Never nice taking a hiding off either off them, Celtic at home wasn’t great either. At least we managed a win against one of them though, especially in Glasgow. Results like this are always gonna happen every now and then unfortunately, as long as we can keep them as rare as possible. I felt like a 5-0 at parkhead was just the norm every season for a wee while. Flip side is if we manage to pull off a result on Sunday (which I think is well possible) it’ll result in 2 wins against Celtic this season with still at least 1 more game against them. When was the last time that happened? 

Edited by AC Mallin_51

On 24/02/2024 at 20:02, the posh bit said:

No, but was it the last 5-0 defeat in Glasgow immediately followed by a Derby? 👀

17 hours ago, bigdav said:

Yes with next to no segregation can remember a gers guy called Figs from Livingston who roadied with the exploited scrapping with us got friendlier with him a few months later at a gig hehe

Percival King

Starting supporting Hearts in 1974 so missed the 0-7. For some reason, in my head there's a big difference between losing 6-0 and losing 7-0. Plenty of teams have shipped 7, a few of them against us, but I was always grateful I'd never seen it happening to us so the Celtic one a few years ago was tough. Suppose it's just part of football, bigger and better teams than Hearts have shipped 7 or 8 in recent years. Thankfully I've seen Hearts hand out more spankings than I've seen them receive and I'm sure that will continue to be the case.