Lewis Neilson

tiger Rudi

tiger Rudi

Partick game live tonight. Good chance to see how he has progressed. Looking forward to him joining the squad in the summer. Still only 20, I'm sure he's got a big future with us. Looked impressive in spells when he played some minutes in Europe, obviously a bit raw. Can see him challenging for RCB. 

Neilson and Kent would be quite a formidable pairing, with Rowles at LCB. Halks at full match fitness would maybe limit his starts. 

I have a funny feeling that we might see a couple of bids for Rowles, with the amount of international football he plays I think he’ll be on the radar for teams in the Saudi League if not in Europe.

Neilson is a player that I have high hopes for and I would love for him to nail down a place in the team as the season progresses 

20 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I have a funny feeling that we might see a couple of bids for Rowles, with the amount of international football he plays I think he’ll be on the radar for teams in the Saudi League if not in Europe.

Neilson is a player that I have high hopes for and I would love for him to nail down a place in the team as the season progresses 

I reckon Rowles and Kent will be interesting a few clubs in the summer.

FerryJambo81

I don't think Kent will. While he's good at our level, i don't think he's a good enough all round footballer to play much higher IMO. Classic no nonsense heid the baw, exactly what we needed.

Think he'll be one that fits and stays around, I may be wrong admittedly..

tiger Rudi
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dunfermline been struggling recently 

20240223_191431.jpg

A team that has been under achieving for what seems like ages. Should be doing far better. 

Perth to Paisley

Bombscare

47 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Ross Stewart in goals too I see. 

tiger Rudi
8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Neilson is playing a blinder.

The laddie can ping an accurate long ball that's for sure. Strolling it just now. 

tiger Rudi
1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

The laddie can ping an accurate long ball that's for sure. Strolling it just now. 

Then immediately plays a slack pass!! I will shut up! 

The_razors_edge

Harry Milne at LB for Partick has looked good. 

As I type, thistle take the lead 

Neilson had some good qualities and he’s a confident young guy but going on his time in the first team he had quite a bit to go still. Hopefully he’s tidied up his decision making and ability to judge a header. Definitely potential 

1 hour ago, tiger Rudi said:

Ross Stewart in goals too I see. 

And making his usual mistakes, how on earth was he at Hearts.

Jack Torrance

I wish somebody would tell Michael "pointy" Stewart that it's "could have" not "could of".

Lone Striker

We can only hope that Lewis Neilson can make the step up at Hearts - he's doing great at Thistle, but there's quite a gulf between Championship level and  where  Hearts expectations are now.      

upgotheheads
3 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

I wish somebody would tell Michael "pointy" Stewart that it's "could have" not "could of".

Yup. 

lost in space
10 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

You would of thought he would of known that. Somebody should of told him.

Mikey1874
12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

We can only hope that Lewis Neilson can make the step up at Hearts - he's doing great at Thistle, but there's quite a gulf between Championship level and  where  Hearts expectations are now.      

Tricky for him up against Rowles, Kent, Halkett and Kingsley.

Previously centre halfs have started as full backs so that's possible perhaps. 

tiger Rudi
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's playing more on the left with Thistle, won't do his learning any harm focusing on his weaker foot. Can deliver a decent pass with his right. Looks very comfortable at this level. Hope he can make the step up. Can see Sibbick being surplus if he does. 

coatbridgejambo

Munro playing a blinder once again.

Never saw the 1st goal that was was chopped off but the 2nd one jeez

tiger Rudi

What a shambles now. Ref and linesman have done the dirty on Partick here. We might complain about VAR but the outcome of this game would have been completely different if it had been in place. 

john thomas
50 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Should there be an apostrophe there ?

Just asking

26 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Just asking

Yes there should, it is contracted to it's hence the apostrophe.  It would be wrong to use it's if you were referring to something belonging or pertaining to 'it'.  So for example...Easter Road is a dump, it's a complete eyesore and its stands look like Asda warehouses.

Edited by RobNox

kingantti1874

Still making the same type of mistakes. Very good on the ball, positioning and decision making is suspect and I’m being kind.

Gundermann

Thistle's defence is a basket case. Neilson a part of it unfortunately.

Mikey1874

BBC saying both disallowed Partick goals were onside. 

So should have been 2-0 up then equaliser for 2-2 also cancelled.

Edited by Mikey1874

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well if it’s a back 3 then.
                                       4.Neilson (right Footed) 5.Kent  6.Rowels (Left Footed)

2.Atkinson.                                                                                                    3.Kingsley

7.Vargas.                     8.Nieuwenhof.        9.Shankland.      10.Tait.                11.Top New Signing

Plus Cochrane, Forrest, Devlin, Denholm, Pollock, Oda, McKay, Tagawa ???

It’s really hard to know if some of these players will be stay like Lembikisa, Fraser, because of their loans to Hearts although I recon Vargas could be our best bet. Halkett and Boyce are too different cases and I don’t see either of them having a future in Hearts first team.

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, john thomas said:

Just asking

Eye, their shoed of bean!

john thomas
11 hours ago, RobNox said:

Yes there should, it is contracted to it's hence the apostrophe.  It would be wrong to use it's if you were referring to something belonging or pertaining to 'it'.  So for example...Easter Road is a dump, it's a complete eyesore and its stands look like Asda warehouses.

Always get that one wrong . 

Great documentary about guy in England who went out of an evening removing or adding apostrophes where appropriate.

Perhaps slightly ott

JamboJoker98

How was Neilson overall? Readng the thread the comments go from a "blinder" to "bombscare" over the course!

Thought he looked technically good, but tentative in any callenge especially aerially and was cautious about using his size and strength . I reckon and hope that he will improve on that this season with some experience

gorgierulesapply88
4 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Ross Stewart hopeless on his debut. 

3rd choice at livi. 3rd choice at hearts. 

He's really not that good.

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, JamboJoker98 said:

How was Neilson overall? Readng the thread the comments go from a "blinder" to "bombscare" over the course!

Thought he looked technically good, but tentative in any callenge especially aerially and was cautious about using his size and strength . I reckon and hope that he will improve on that this season with some experience

On the ball very comfortable. Reads the game very well, but the shortfalls from when he was with us stuck out to me. Gets stuck under the ball and ball watches from set pieces. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he went out on loan again next season. That might be the best option for his development. He's still not got a lot of first team football under his belt and he's still young. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he went out on loan again next season. That might be the best option for his development. He's still not got a lot of first team football under his belt and he's still young. 

He's only 20 and has had 33 appearances for Partick this season so far.  Another loan next season might be the way forward. 

22 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He's only 20 and has had 33 appearances for Partick this season so far.  Another loan next season might be the way forward. 

Didn't have a great game last night.

I think and it’s a long shot, if Partick were to somehow get promoted I wouldn’t be too surprised if Neilson got a permanent move to Thistle 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

I think and it’s a long shot, if Partick were to somehow get promoted I wouldn’t be too surprised if Neilson got a permanent move to Thistle 

Why? 😂

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Why? 😂

Because he’s a long way from being a first choice at Hearts, if he’s looking to have a career I think a move will more likely be the best option for him, I think Hearts will have to make a decision on him soon

RustyRightPeg
49 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Because he’s a long way from being a first choice at Hearts, if he’s looking to have a career I think a move will more likely be the best option for him, I think Hearts will have to make a decision on him soon

He’s 20 years old 😂 it’s his first full season playing first team football. There’s no decision to be made. 

Partick couldn’t afford his transfer fee. 

• 4 weeks later...