FanHub - New sleeve sponsor and partner app

Saint Jambo

Saint Jambo

Couldn't see a thread on this (delete/ merge if there is)...

Hearts have announced a company/app called FanHub as a new sleeve sponsor and partner.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/heart-of-midlothian-x-fanhub

Heart of Midlothian is delighted to announce an exciting new partnership with FanHub to reward Jambos for their loyalty through exclusive rewards, such as access to stadium tours hosted by a club legend.

Jambos can use the FanHub app to predict the starting XI, check in at matches, record match day memories and compete with other supporters.

The sleeve sponsorship element isn't mentioned on the website story but is on Facebook

👋 Say hello to our new Sleeve Sponsor and... - HeartofMidlothianFC | Facebook

Anyone heard of FanHub or know anyone who is using it?

Bit more info about them in a story I read here

SportsBiz Spotlight | FanHub - Behind Sport

Still not clear to me how they make money. Slightly wary of it as it reminds me of the saying "If you are not paying for it, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold." I was very skeptical of some of the moves clubs have made into promoting NFTs and bitcoin. On first glance this looks less sinister. May even prove popular. 

Edited by Saint Jambo

• Saint Jambo changed the title to FanHub - New sleeve sponsor and partner app
KyleLafferty

They’ll make money by app downloads and users also investors putting their dough into them.

Saint Jambo
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

They’ll make money by app downloads and users also investors putting their dough into them.

Having just looked it up on the Play store, it has good reviews (4.5 from 914 reviews).

The app is free and doesn't indicate that it has in app purchases or ads. It also says it doesn't share user data with third parties.  Clearly those things can change, but not clear how they are making revenue at the moment. I wouldn't describe investors as a company making money, even if it might allow the owners to do so. In the long-term, investors would be looking for the company to generate income to repay the investors and some, but not sure how they will do that.

As I say, interested to hear if anyone has used it.

DalryJambo

Short term they might get commission from directing traffic to other sites (the news articles and content they promote), commission from redirects resulting in product sales on other sites. They could, over time, subtly add adverts to pages and get money on an impression basis (ie not based on clicks, just eyeballs).

Medium term they will look to increase their users and create a subscription model for premium content, then once they have a certain number of paid & free users they could look to sell the platform to another company looking to further monetise the users/traffic.

Edited by DalryJambo
Typo

Jambo-Fox

Feels (I might be wrong) like it’s a rival to Futbology which is really good!

Edited by Jambo-Fox