Murrayfield Sports Bar

Chaps

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

I was chatting to the manager after the Celtic game and she confirmed it’s staying open as the planning application had been rejected. 

Great news. 

Good news 

frankblack
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If it's been rejected on an environment/flood issue, I can't see how any change of plans can push it through

I don't know the specifics of that but if its not fit to build flats on, how can it operate as a pub?

What is the flood risk as the Water of Leith isn't near?

I'm glad the student flats have been punted but surprised and curious at this detail.

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

If it's been rejected on an environment/flood issue, I can't see how any change of plans can push it through

Flood risk ? Haven’t they just finished student flats across the road even closer to the water of Leith ? 

12 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

Genuine question...are they extending the uni's to accommodate these extra students or is there an actual shortage on affordable student digs in the city?

To me, more student accommodation means more students in total, not less students using conventional flats.

Unis will take on as many students as possible. More course being created, more academics being hired, universities growing...

I'm not aware of any caps.

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, frankblack said:

I don't know the specifics of that but if its not fit to build flats on, how can it operate as a pub?

What is the flood risk as the Water of Leith isn't near?

I'm glad the student flats have been punted but surprised and curious at this detail.

Pish that comes out the Sports Pub :whistling:

Hungry hippo

I agree that the flooding rejection reason seems bizarre and feels very vulnerable to appeal.

Hannibal

potentially refused by SEPA on grounds of a flood risk due to the new NPF4 guidelines of 200 years plus climate change which are causing everyone trying to get a newbuild application through planning an absolute nightmare if it shows up on the SEPA maps as having an issue.

only speculating as i have not read the report but from a brief look at the SEPA maps it looks like that may be the case and would be a tough one to appeal.