Anyone got photos of the 80s games?

Aussie Jambo

7 hours ago, dannymack said:

The bitter end yo a fantastic league campaign... im glad I was there. 0_GettyImages-89115727.jpg.16a59c2e2364fbda6bcd5d99b733ea55.jpg

33979DA400000578-0-image-m-86_1461974882214.jpg.affeaebbcf0a6b505e7759ab8dd108b0.jpg

33979DCF00000578-0-image-a-70_1461974173347.jpg.8cda6edc0038c6bb64c5e1b921f33f6e.jpg

Yep, agreed. I was behind the goals that day, with my dad and his mate. Awful day.
but wow, apart from that day, what a season to be a jambo! 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dannymack

• PaddysBar

• martoon

• Sir PH

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Scott Monument said:

For the first 100 years of both Edinburgh clubs hibs always had the bigger fan base then by the eighties onwards it evened out

:troll:

PaddysBar
2 hours ago, Scott Monument said:

For the first 100 years of both Edinburgh clubs hibs always had the bigger fan base then by the eighties onwards it evened out

Would be good to see evidence to back this up as I don’t think it’s correct. 

Hearts are the only team outwith the cheeks to average more than 30,000 over a season (in the 30s from memory). 

Hearts were also the away team when a lot of clubs got their record attendance, Aberdeen, Raith, Hamilton etc so we’ve obviously travelled in numbers over the years. 

We also helped hibs to their record attendance, then helped ourselves to the points. Jimmy Murray scored the winner in a 2-1 win from memory. 

4 hours ago, Scott Monument said:

41R5Fs8zMTL.jpg.abf06be3e9a35509c39e035500404ae7.jpg

il_fullxfull.2655038737_l4jv_1024x1024@2x.thumb.jpg.f2f380ca7901853a909500ba8d43c65a.jpg

dannymack

Screenshot_20231119_183727_PhotoDirector.jpg

gordon simpson

they had a bigger stadium ,never ever had a bigger fan base 

theflagman
5 hours ago, Scott Monument said:

What a lot off tosh it was the opposite way round  about  hearts  always  had the larger average  support for the first 100 yrs even on 3 occasions  the biggest in Scotland  when Rangers were traditional  the biggest in Scotland. 

theflagman

The last 20 years  Hearts have had around  1.1 million  more than Aberdeen that's around  3 thousand fans for every home game.

Hectormasson
13 hours ago, FJT said:

Yep, agreed. I was behind the goals that day, with my dad and his mate. Awful day.
but wow, apart from that day, what a season to be a jambo! 

was in their enclosure under the stand, can always remember a guy and his girl  standing with a baby in a shawl, among a packed hearts support " just wondered if anyone knew this guy or couple with baby?sad ending to a wonderful attempt for success, from alex macdonald sandy jardine, and all at hmfc that season, never to be forgotten, a great journey it was...🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Hectormasson
9 hours ago, theflagman said:

What a lot off tosh it was the opposite way round  about  hearts  always  had the larger average  support for the first 100 yrs even on 3 occasions  the biggest in Scotland  when Rangers were traditional  the biggest in Scotland. 

always  hearts with the bigger support, edinas darlings, FTH....