Other SPFL News ......

Section Q

SectionDJambo

The questions are the same as all of these other club's fans and the Scottish football media were asking us when Romanov rolled up at Tynecastle.

Why is he interested in a Scottish football club he won't have heard of before?

What is his end game, considering that no Scottish football club, other than Celtic and Rangers is capable of making a significant profit every season?

Can he be trusted not to have an ulterior motive which doesn't take into account the wishes of the club's fans?

Will he get fed up once he realises the dice is loaded against every other club in Scotland except the Uglies?

Gorgi1874
13 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

image.jpeg.e7c73d4353948fbc5b288a5e23b3e876.jpeg

Done deal. Eight hay bales, six bushels of corn and a good condition John Deere 5065E. 

Good one 🤣🤣🤣

jamboinglasgow

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/12031509/motherwell-takeover-talk-progressing-foreign-rivals-taylor-swift-pitch/

Motherwell are in talks with new investors. As they are fan owned it appears that the new investors would reduce the amounts fans own (through the Well Society) of the club, with one proposal meaning that the fans own less than 50%. This requires a vote from the fans to approve.

At the AGM the Motherwell chairman said they got a number of serious approaches following their appeal for investment and its currently between an American investor and a multi-national party of investors.

I would argue that more investment in Scottish football is not a bad thing, just hopefully they are investors who know what they are doing.

1971fozzy

This doesn’t look good.

st Johnstone and Motherwell and maybe Livingston too. About to join hibs and Dundee Utd and likely end up flushed down the toilet.  Probably add Cormack and Aberdeen into the mix as well. They rely on £5-6m player sales a season to break even and look at the state of them. 🤣
Hibs -£5m in debt , having to sell another bit of their soul to another yank to pay that off, diluting their shares and look at the state of them 🤣

you’d think they’d learn. Must all be desperate. Thank god we are fan owned

Edited by 1971fozzy

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/12031509/motherwell-takeover-talk-progressing-foreign-rivals-taylor-swift-pitch/

Motherwell are in talks with new investors. As they are fan owned it appears that the new investors would reduce the amounts fans own (through the Well Society) of the club, with one proposal meaning that the fans own less than 50%. This requires a vote from the fans to approve.

At the AGM the Motherwell chairman said they got a number of serious approaches following their appeal for investment and its currently between an American investor and a multi-national party of investors.

I would argue that more investment in Scottish football is not a bad thing, just hopefully they are investors who know what they are doing.

I'm not advocating it but imagine if we let it be known we were willing to do similar.

Every game at Tynecastle a sell out, FOH, fanatical support, miles ahead in third, not too far behind the (in)famous Celtic and Rangers and, the strong possibility of, guaranteed European football until Christmas.

We would surely be one of the most attractive investments in British football.

I'm happy with the status quo, mind.

On 21/02/2024 at 10:37, Chuck Berry said:

I remember a game at McDairmid in the early 90's where Hearts won 5-0 and there were Jambos locked out, the place was packed, and it was mostly Saints fans.  Potential?

We were locked out but still watched the game with our scarves in our pockets. 😂

RustyRightPeg
55 minutes ago, martoon said:

I'm not advocating it but imagine if we let it be known we were willing to do similar.

Every game at Tynecastle a sell out, FOH, fanatical support, miles ahead in third, not too far behind the (in)famous Celtic and Rangers and, the strong possibility of, guaranteed European football until Christmas.

We would surely be one of the most attractive investments in British football.

I'm happy with the status quo, mind.

I love the fan owned model but I'd also love to have a tycoon bank rolling us with the right intentions.

Just look at the transformation in Newcastle. Imagine what we could do.

John Findlay
11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I love the fan owned model but I'd also love to have a tycoon bank rolling us with the right intentions.

You mean like James Anderson and other benefactors?

Shooter McGavin
15 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'd constantly have the fear that they'll lose interest, move onto the next thing and leave us in the s*ite.

There's so many clubs in Scotland that are completely vulnerable to being used and abused at the first sign of quick cash, really glad we're not one of them.

RustyRightPeg
30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You mean like James Anderson and other benefactors?

No, I mean 5 to 10x the scale. Signings costing a couple of mil with an expanded wage budget.

Almost like we did 20 years ago, but the person is actually sane and legitimate.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No, I mean 5 to 10x the scale. Signings costing a couple of mil with an expanded wage budget.

Almost like we did 20 years ago, but the person is actually sane and legitimate

No tks 

jamboinglasgow

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/12034379/us-investor-motherwell-middle-east-bid/

The sun providing more information about the two Motherwell investors. One wants to reduce the Well Society ownership to 50%, the other reduce it to less than 50%.

The American investor made their money from streaming platforms and wants to increase global exposure of Motherwell to increase further sponsorship opportunities (wouldn't surprise me if that entails a Wrexham style documentary series, especially if the investor comes from streaming.)

The other is a consortium of Australian, Middle Eastern and American businessman who already have a new chief executive lined up. They want to transform the clubs recruitment, using advanced analytics bring in players to sell for a profit.

Wonder which option Motherwell fans would prefer.