• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mainstandjambo

• Hannibal

• Fozzyonthefence

• dannymack

2 hours ago, Russ1977 said:

Surely shift these with over a week to go

A decent performance against rangers will make a difference. Celtic are there for the taking at the moment. 

asomerville
On 20/02/2024 at 13:58, Stanley_ said:

Crazy to think that you could have attended 14 home games in the past two seasons and not be able to buy a ticket.

I am in the same position hopefully nearer to the day you can go to the TO and get a ticket. 

18 hours ago, 1953 said:

A decent performance against rangers will make a difference. Celtic are there for the taking at the moment. 

They'd be gone already if the LP threshold for tickets was lower. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Surely they could sell publicly before Hibs game Weds, doubt there will be many Celtic fans at Tynecastle on Wednesday

pettigrewsstylist
On 21/02/2024 at 03:49, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Thats exactly where I'm at and the wife is one less. Surely canny be that hard for the TO to check that we've both attended 6 home games this season none of which involved Celtic! Firestick TV it is then.

That is utter madness. That is just throwing income down the toilet.

I'm below the 15 point threshold as well annoyingly.  I don't know if it's that high to stop Celtic fans buying in the home end, or to reward people who attend more games than me which I have no problem with.  Seems a bit high for this fixture though.

If it is the former, I wish they would look at other factors to prove the buyer is a genuine Hearts fan.  I'm an ex-ST holder, a shareholder and have been a member of FoH since it began.  

there should be a mechanism where if you have been a pledging for a certain period of time you can bypass the 15 point threshold for games like the Celtic and Rangers home games.

Have heard a few like this. 

Disco Dave
42 minutes ago, makateer said:

I'm below the 15 point threshold as well annoyingly.  I don't know if it's that high to stop Celtic fans buying in the home end, or to reward people who attend more games than me which I have no problem with.  Seems a bit high for this fixture though.

If it is the former, I wish they would look at other factors to prove the buyer is a genuine Hearts fan.  I'm an ex-ST holder, a shareholder and have been a member of FoH since it began.  

i would contact the club as they should be able to see your purchase history. Surely common sense could be applied in this situation 

7 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

They'd be gone already if the LP threshold for tickets was lower. 

Fair point! 

21 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

there should be a mechanism where if you have been a pledging for a certain period of time you can bypass the 15 point threshold for games like the Celtic and Rangers home games.

Have heard a few like this. 

I think the club have to be very careful about giving any sort of reward - however modest - that is akin to a financial benefit for pledging to FOH.

I do agree that the 15 point threshold seems quite high, but equally I can see the rationale. Perhaps they could come up with some exemptions such as ex-season ticket holders and/or fans that have attended at least 3 semi-finals. It just doesn't seem right that there are empty seats at a match when there are genuine Hearts fans who would like to purchase tickets. 

Jambo-Fox
5 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Surely they could sell publicly before Hibs game Weds, doubt there will be many Celtic fans at Tynecastle on Wednesday

Probably not BUT there might be some Hearts Supporters who might buy them for friends who ‘support’ another team (they surely wouldn’t sell them for a profit?), it’s the only way for away fans to get in amongst Hearts fans ….

On 23/02/2024 at 13:15, stirlo said:

I think the club have to be very careful about giving any sort of reward - however modest - that is akin to a financial benefit for pledging to FOH.

I do agree that the 15 point threshold seems quite high, but equally I can see the rationale. Perhaps they could come up with some exemptions such as ex-season ticket holders and/or fans that have attended at least 3 semi-finals. It just doesn't seem right that there are empty seats at a match when there are genuine Hearts fans who would like to purchase tickets. 

It's hardly a financial benefit if you have to pay full whack for a ticket just like everyone else. 

I believe the recent upgrade to the FOH web platform has integrated with the club's system so identifying pledgers should be easy enough for the TO. . 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

610 left.

A good victory on Wednesday should help us sell those and hopefully see a famous win that might just end Rodgers reign 😆🤞.

9 hours ago, iainmac said:

It's hardly a financial benefit if you have to pay full whack for a ticket just like everyone else. 

I believe the recent upgrade to the FOH web platform has integrated with the club's system so identifying pledgers should be easy enough for the TO. . 

This would be a really positive step. I'm hugely supportive of trying to prevent OF fans from buying tickets for the home sections at Tynecastle but rather than simply having a 15 loyalty points threshold, if we could also use FoH pledging for say a year to the eligibility criteria, this would be a great help to FoH supporters who can only attend occasionally. 

AlexJiang21

My pal got 12 pts currently with a purchased Morton away, walked in at the TO and didnt get a ticket. Maybe when there's still tickets prior to kick off then she can get her tickets

Clerry Jambo
10 hours ago, AlexJiang21 said:

My pal got 12 pts currently with a purchased Morton away, walked in at the TO and didnt get a ticket. Maybe when there's still tickets prior to kick off then she can get her tickets

Crazy mate from the club stopping Hearts fans potentially buying a ticket. 

PapaShango
1 hour ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Crazy mate from the club stopping Hearts fans potentially buying a ticket. 

The loyalty points for these games are daft and stops us selling out. 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Difficult for the club because inevitably celtic fans will get in the Hearts end and the club get criticised for that 

PapaShango
31 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Difficult for the club because inevitably celtic fans will get in the Hearts end and the club get criticised for that 

Yeah I get that, just think with the way previous sales have went, there must be a different approach they can look at. Whether that's lowering the points or looking at a buyers previous purchasing history. It must all be there for them to see, so not sure how difficult it is to filter for them. 

12 hours ago, AlexJiang21 said:

Just buy it for her mate. If you have the points 

It's one of those fixtures that some people will be on the fence about given the result we had on Saturday, and payday for a lot of people to come in the next few days.

I just wish Hearts would be forward about saying we will require 15+ points until this date, then any tickets left will be available to 5+ points from 28th February, or something like that.  At least people under 15 would know there may be a chance to buy from a specific date and time.

Same goes for Hibs tickets as well.  I'm all for Roseburn ST holders getting first shot, but give them a week to buy and if there are still tickets available in the last day or two before the game it needs to be opened up to more people.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, makateer said:

It's one of those fixtures that some people will be on the fence about given the result we had on Saturday, and payday for a lot of people to come in the next few days.

I just wish Hearts would be forward about saying we will require 15+ points until this date, then any tickets left will be available to 5+ points from 28th February, or something like that.  At least people under 15 would know there may be a chance to buy from a specific date and time.

Same goes for Hibs tickets as well.  I'm all for Roseburn ST holders getting first shot, but give them a week to buy and if there are still tickets available in the last day or two before the game it needs to be opened up to more people.

The 15 LP limit isn’t to prioritise fans getting tickets.  It’s to stop Celtic fans getting in the Hearts end.  So I doubt it will be lowered to 5 points at any time.  I agree there has to be a better way of doing it though - stopping Hearts fans from going who have attended 10/12 games in the last couple of seasons seems crazy. 

michael_bolton
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

The 15 LP limit isn’t to prioritise fans getting tickets.  It’s to stop Celtic fans getting in the Hearts end.  So I doubt it will be lowered to 5 points at any time.  I agree there has to be a better way of doing it though - stopping Hearts fans from going who have attended 10/12 games in the last couple of seasons seems crazy. 

I get why they're doing it, but surely we just need t obe reasonable here.

I think we've played Celtic 4 times in this LP period at Tynecastle. Assume a Celtic fan has bought a home ticket for each of those, there's 4 points. Then assume a madly dedicated Celtic fan has been prepared to get two more tickets, or a two-point away. There's six.

So, you could make a case for 7 or 8 points being a reasonable compromise. 15 is just excessive and will keep seats unsold.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

I get why they're doing it, but surely we just need t obe reasonable here.

I think we've played Celtic 4 times in this LP period at Tynecastle. Assume a Celtic fan has bought a home ticket for each of those, there's 4 points. Then assume a madly dedicated Celtic fan has been prepared to get two more tickets, or a two-point away. There's six.

So, you could make a case for 7 or 8 points being a reasonable compromise. 15 is just excessive and will keep seats unsold.

Think there needs to be a sensible LP threshold combined with a buying history to get access to tickets for these games. Keep a note of the purchaser in case the tickets were to fall into the wrong hands 

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Difficult to sell to someone with proof of half a dozen games this season, 4 days before the game? This is why aliens wont talk to us 😁

4 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What's difficult about it? Press a few buttons and find out somebody's purchase history. If it's only Hearts v Celtic tickets they're buying, then there's a good chance they are Celtic supporters. It's not difficult at all.

Bob Loblaw

It can't be hard for Hearts to do a search on their database. Cross reference users who've attended say 3 non Celtic games and allow them to purchase. 

Locking out our own fans is stupid.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

I think they could easily make it something like 5 points. 15 is very high considering it is only 1 point per home game and we are selling to non-season ticket holders.

No loyalty point threshold for the hibs ticket exchange which is a sell out but 15 lps for the Celtic game which has 500 tickets or so left and one section not even open. Honestly man. Absolute unreal

On 22/02/2024 at 08:56, Russ1977 said:

Surely shift these with over a week to go

Win tomorrow and they’ll be snapped up

Selkirkhmfc1874
58 minutes ago, basel04 said:

No loyalty point threshold for the hibs ticket exchange which is a sell out but 15 lps for the Celtic game which has 500 tickets or so left and one section not even open. Honestly man. Absolute unreal

There's 5 days to go before the game 

Fozzyonthefence
48 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Win tomorrow and they’ll be snapped up

Not at 15 lp they won’t.  Not a chance.  

SwindonJambo
1 hour ago, basel04 said:

EDIT - just seen TE for  the Hibs game is now open to all. 15 LPs will certainly stop Septic fans in the home end but clearly exclude some home fans too.

Edited by SwindonJambo

dannymack

There's two tables of 10 in the Gorgie Suite that will have at least a dozen cretins at them courtesy of a Hearts fan buying them through his company. 

I was always led to believe the host had to give details to the hospitality team of each guest they were entertaining... maybe I'm wrong and the rules have changed.

Edited by dannymack

The Real Maroonblood
27 minutes ago, dannymack said:

There's two tables of 10 in the Gorgie Suite that will have at least a dozen cretins at them courtesy of a Hearts fan buying them through his company. 

I was always led to believe the host had to give details to the hospitality team of each guest they were entertaining... maybe I'm wrong and the rules have changed.

You would expect the same rules to apply about giving details of who is attending. 

AlexJiang21
2 hours ago, basel04 said:

I'm truly concerned about a hibs fan register an account this afternoon and then luckily got a ticket in our stand. This is not impossible imo

davemclaren
1 hour ago, dannymack said:

Hospitality has never been segregated.  Opposition fans are not allowed to wear their colours and are meant to behave themselves.  🥸

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Hospitality has never been segregated.  Opposition fans are not allowed to wear their colours and are meant to behave themselves.  🥸

If they don't behave no doubt stewards will have them launched pronto 

Wee Mikey
5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

If they don't behave no doubt stewards will have them launched pronto 

If they've shelled out hospitality dosh, moreso if it's been organised via a Hearts contact, then chances are that they're the acceptable face of Celtic supporters.

But, 2 x 10 tables is a fair number to handle if anything kicks off.

1st signs of making home fans feel unsettled then it should be oot the door forthwith.

At the last home game v them there was one of 'em stoatin' aboot the main stand concourse at ½ time, jacket open, manky hooped top as clear as a Great Dane's 💩 on a polished floor. Not causing any trouble, though so 🤷‍♂️.

mainstandjambo
On 26/02/2024 at 17:30, mainstandjambo said:

Not many sold today. Still 593 left.

551 left.

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

551 left.

And another section still to be opened?

mainstandjambo
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

And another section still to be opened?

Not sure Section L is opened for this game due to segregation.

Wearsider
22 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Not sure Section L is opened for this game due to segregation.

It was open for the game in October against them as thats where my ticket was for

mainstandjambo
7 minutes ago, Wearsider said:

It was open for the game in October against them as thats where my ticket was for

Cheers, wasn't sure. Judging by ticket sales unlikely to be required for Sunday.

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, mainstandjambo said:

Cheers, wasn't sure. Judging by ticket sales unlikely to be required for Sunday.

Nope.  At least the Celtic fans will be raging at all the empty seats but we need to find another way to make it easier for non ST fans to attend this game.