Super Wayne Day

martoon

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Same, dropped him off a couple of times, but not seen him for a while. 

He still works as a postie in the East Craigs area of Edinburgh. His work mate is a Jambo.

luckyBatistuta
Just now, wavydavy said:

He still works as a postie in the East Craigs area of Edinburgh. His work mate is a Jambo.

Yeah, used to get some abuse back in the day when he first started in the PO in Leith. Won them over though

PapaShango
12 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Has anyone seen Super Wayne recently? I used to see him around Slateford regularly but haven’t seen him in ages. 

Used to see him in the Moat Bar quite often when we went before games, he would come in with his postie outfit on! What a day that was.

Fxxx the SPFL

He used to deliver in Murrayfield and Roseburn came into Ardmillan a couple of times didn’t need to put his hand in his pocket nice lad

Geoff Kilpatrick
19 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Also 29 years today since 4-2 rangers cup game. What a game that was

Disco Dave with the greatest mazy run of all time.

I remember going into Montpelier's in Bruntsfield after we beat the Arabs in the quarters that season. The team was getting pished. Kevin Thomas hobbled in and, looking back now, you could tell Podgy Hands McLean ruined his career.

GlasgoJambo
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Sadly wouldn’t get away with an electric fence these days😁

lol

IMG_5170.gif

Jack Torrance

Was working that day but on my break so managed to watch in the drivers' canteen on the top floor at the St Andrew's Square bus station. Abiding memory is a Hibby colleague throwing his chair around and storming out after Wayne's goal. 😁

Weebroon98

I was in the RAF at the time and was back for the weekend. I was at the game and i think i was still steaming when i got back to camp on the Monday

2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Used to see him in the Moat Bar quite often when we went before games, he would come in with his postie outfit on! What a day that was.

The Moat is an Indian restaurant now, if it’s the one on Slateford road that is.

No Idle Talk

One of my favourite days as a Jambo. Mental limbs when Foster scored. Can't believe it was 30 years ago. 

Was a great pass from the midfield maestro Gary Mackay, a true Hearts Legend, met him a few times, an absolute gentleman.

Placid Casual

Yes, definitely one of the best days following the Hearts. Funny as **** too in many ways.

PapaShango
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

The Moat is an Indian restaurant now, if it’s the one on Slateford road that is.

Yeah noticed it was all changed! Used to be good for a few pints before the game, was reasonably cheap as well. 

46 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Yeah noticed it was all changed! Used to be good for a few pints before the game, was reasonably cheap as well. 

Grays mill across the road is quite a good boozer pre and post match , decent pint of Tennents, don’t know what the ales are like though.

Edited by jamboozy

PapaShango
18 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Grays mill across the road is quite a good boozer pre and post match , decent pint of Tennents, don’t know what the ales are like though.

Yes been in there as well, tee total now so pre match drinking days are over for me!

What a day that was! I remember the initial reaction when Robbo was replaced by Fozzy - and then he scored and the Dunbar end went mental! I ended up about 30 yards away from where I'd been standing. 

I also remember about half way through the second half, two polis wading into the crowd to try to lift two young laddies and the crowd  stopping them from getting through, and smuggling the two laddies away Then somebody knocked one of the polis's hat off and it got chucked about! don't think he ever got it back  😂

On the way up the road just over the 'bridge of doom' some stupid bint was standing at her front door wearing a Hibs top and holding her bairn in her arms! 

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Yes been in there as well, tee total now so pre match drinking days are over for me!

👍

That was a brilliant day!

We were in the main stand at the Hearts end.

As soon as the ball went through Leightons legs, the whole stand was on its feet as we knew where it was going.

Pandemonium. Sheer Bedlam!

Great memories😍

Watt-Zeefuik

Shanks has been doing classic Hearts celebrations since he's been here. In the last ER game he first did Robbo's pointed fingers celebration and then did this, and I'm convinced it wasn't accidental.

image.thumb.png.5fa8e02007b68351f0b74164a8cd3331.png