Scotland squad

BigAlim

15 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Think there's 3 friendlies first

Holland and Northern Ireland at the end of March which will be the last chance to impress in Scotland blue.

Squad will be announced middle to end of May with Gibraltar and Finland warm up games at the start of June ahead of the opener on the 14th June. 

22 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Nisbet is likely to be out for the season with his hamstring

Plus he's shite 😂

5 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

Hanley is an absolute certainty if fit. 

Hardly played this season, no?

Luckies1874
18 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Hardly played this season, no?

Back playing recently, 90 minutes in 2 of Norwich's last 3.

Probably more relevant though is his performances in several qualifiers, like the Spain 2-0.

Very much doubt Clark leaves him out. Think Porteous and Cooper are far more likely to be in danger from a fit Souttar.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Holland and Northern Ireland at the end of March which will be the last chance to impress in Scotland blue.

Squad will be announced middle to end of May with Gibraltar and Finland warm up games at the start of June ahead of the opener on the 14th June. 

👍

Lambert Simnel
7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Porteous has been pretty good in a Scotland jersey. Absolutely no way he isn't in the squad.

Agreed. He was excellent against both Spain and Ukraine - to me he's in Clarke's first XI, and there's no debate as to whether he's in the squad or not. Even with my most anti-Hibs glasses on.

I guess if we were picking six players to play the three centre half spots then Porteous and Souttar would be the two that can cover the right hand side whilst Tierney and McKenna play on the left, Hendry and Hanley could be the central header merchant and Cooper would be the one left out

JimmyCant
23 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Personally wouldn't have Porteous near any Scotland squad. 

I’ll probably regret asking but Why ?

John Findlay
Just now, JimmyCant said:

I’ll probably regret asking but Why ?

I don't rate him. I think he has been over hyped, from the day he made is Hibs first team debut. Someone further up said he had great games against Spain and the Ukraine. 

He put in one decent tackle away in Ukraine and again was over hyped to the hilt for it.

He is struggling to hold down a permanent place in a mid table English championship team, that to me says alot.

He is not the only player who gets over hyped though. I will get pelters for this, but I think alot of Hearts fans overhype Alex Cochrane. I don't think he is as good as many think he is, but that's my personal opinion.

Chuck Berry

Jacob Brown is now probably out the Euros, just underwent a knee op from a training ground injury.  That's him and Nisbet very very doubtful.

So Dykes, Adams, Shanks and probably one other.  Ryan Fraser on fire for Soton at the moment.

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Jacob Brown is now probably out the Euros, just underwent a knee op from a training ground injury.  That's him and Nisbet very very doubtful.

So Dykes, Adams, Shanks and probably one other.  Ryan Fraser on fire for Soton at the moment.

Clarke doesn't like Fraser. Nothing to do with on the field either. He always used to just withdraw when he didn’t feel like it. 

Chuck Berry
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Clarke doesn't like Fraser. Nothing to do with on the field either. He always used to just withdraw when he didn’t feel like it. 

Not true.  After the alleged "incident" over withdrawing, he's played another 4 or 5 times under Clarke, and only dropped out when he wasn't getting a game for Newcastle.

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I don't rate him. I think he has been over hyped, from the day he made is Hibs first team debut. Someone further up said he had great games against Spain and the Ukraine. 

He put in one decent tackle away in Ukraine and again was over hyped to the hilt for it.

He is struggling to hold down a permanent place in a mid table English championship team, that to me says alot.

He is not the only player who gets over hyped though. I will get pelters for this, but I think alot of Hearts fans overhype Alex Cochrane. I don't think he is as good as many think he is, but that's my personal opinion.

Aye all fair points. All overridden by never having let Steve Clarke down which is one of the biggies for getting picked.

Fxxx the SPFL

Adams only on the bench for Saints tonight getting beat 2-0 by Hull at home

feedthefox
On 19/02/2024 at 16:38, Bauld said:

Kingsley not even getting considered?

My thoughts exactly, he's been outstanding this season given he's had to switch positions so often not to mention his free kick ability. Is there a more reliable player in our squad?

He's unbelievably unlucky there's so many good left sided defenders who are likely to be fit.

Edited by feedthefox

hmfc_liam06

I think the following are guaranteed assuming fit. That leaves 3 spaces available. A third goalie is required. Armstrong is probably also pretty much guaranteed so I suspect one more space will go to a CB.

GK

Gunn

Gordon or Clark

RB

Hickey
Patterson

LB

Robertson

Taylor

CB

Hendry

Porteous

Hanley

McKenna

Tierney

CM

McGregor

Gilmour

McGinn

Ferguson

McTominay

FW

Shankland

Adams

Christie

Dykes

Starting line up of:

Gunn

Hickey

Robertson

Hendry

Hanley

Tierney

Ferguson

McTominay

McGregor

McGinn

Shankland

Edited by hmfc_liam06

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I think the following are guaranteed assuming fit. That leaves 3 spaces available. A third goalie is required. Armstrong is probably also pretty much guaranteed so I suspect one more space will go to a CB.

GK

Gunn

Gordon or Clark

RB

Hickey
Patterson

LB

Robertson

Taylor

CB

Hendry

Porteous

Hanley

McKenna

Tierney

CM

McGregor

Gilmour

McGinn

Ferguson

McTominay

FW

Shankland

Adams

Christie

Dykes

Starting line up of:

Gunn

Hickey

Robertson

Hendry

Hanley

Tierney

Ferguson

McTominay

McGregor

McGinn

Shankland

Reckon Armstrong and Kenny McLean are virtually guaranteed

6 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Reckon Armstrong and Kenny McLean are virtually guaranteed

Looking at the squad laid out like that I honestly think it’s one of those two that has to miss out

hmfc_liam06
32 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Looking at the squad laid out like that I honestly think it’s one of those two that has to miss out

Yep I can't see any room for 2 more CM's unfortunately. For me it's another CB or forward.