Marc Leonard

bigdav

N Lincs Jambo
19 hours ago, Ben Arthur said:

Hello, Cobblers (Northampton) fan here. Always had a soft spot for Hearts because you play in the same colours as us. There's a bit of misinformation going on here so I thought Id correct it. Leonard was very good in our promotion last season, but this year has been frankly brilliant - he'll win player of the season easily. He is probably the best pass and move footballer I've seen in 50 years of watching us but has that aggression as well. He's far too good for us. I think Brighton might loan him out again next season but he'll surely be playing premier league before too long. Most Cobblers fans now think he'll play for Scotland. His three goals in the last four games have all been top drawer sensational.  Seek them out. 

Hi Ben, thanks for your contribution. Likewise me with Northampton for exactly the same reasons! Saw his goal v Bristol Rovers on YouTube. Excellent finish and hope he realises his potential. We've had a few decent youngsters in recent seasons. You will no doubt know of Aaron Hickey. He was MOTM for us in the 2019 cup final v Celtic marking James Forrest out of the game as a 16 year old. Went to Serie A then Brentford although currently injured. He'll be a certainty for the Euros if fit.

20 hours ago, Ben Arthur said:

Hello, Cobblers (Northampton) fan here. Always had a soft spot for Hearts because you play in the same colours as us. There's a bit of misinformation going on here so I thought Id correct it. Leonard was very good in our promotion last season, but this year has been frankly brilliant - he'll win player of the season easily. He is probably the best pass and move footballer I've seen in 50 years of watching us but has that aggression as well. He's far too good for us. I think Brighton might loan him out again next season but he'll surely be playing premier league before too long. Most Cobblers fans now think he'll play for Scotland. His three goals in the last four games have all been top drawer sensational.  Seek them out. 

Good choice of user name made me 😁 anyway 👍

Byyy The Light
21 hours ago, Ben Arthur said:

Hi mate, cheers for the info.  What's your thought on Kieron Bowie? 

He was linked with us before he made the switch to Fulham.  Played under John McGlynn at Raith before he went down there so another couple of tenuous Hearts links means I've kept an eye on him.  Still young too. Always interested to hear how guys like that are getting on.

Ben Arthur
5 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Hi mate, cheers for the info.  What's your thought on Kieron Bowie? 

He was linked with us before he made the switch to Fulham.  Played under John McGlynn at Raith before he went down there so another couple of tenuous Hearts links means I've kept an eye on him.  Still young too. Always interested to hear how guys like that are getting on.

Bowie's improving all the time. Not at Leonard's level for sure but very popular, really committed and a real menace to defenders but only recently found his shooting boots. Will continue to get better I think. We'd love to sign him but I understand he wants to return home for family reasons, so perhaps he'll head your way... 

Ben Arthur
6 hours ago, Morse said:

Good choice of user name made me 😁 anyway 👍

Yes, and me, especially as I live in Scotland - nobody has twigged it yet on our forum!

Byyy The Light
2 minutes ago, Ben Arthur said:

Bowie's improving all the time. Not at Leonard's level for sure but very popular, really committed and a real menace to defenders but only recently found his shooting boots. Will continue to get better I think. We'd love to sign him but I understand he wants to return home for family reasons, so perhaps he'll head your way... 

Cheers. His Mrs had a kid last year so that might be why, must be difficult being away from support at 21 with a baby.

Good point for you tonight 👍🏼

On 18/02/2024 at 17:25, Footballfirst said:

A month or two back, I helped one of the Academy staff with a little project to map out where players had gone after leaving Hearts.  It was partly to help the Academy set expectations for parents and the kids, both when coming into the club and their chances of success, but also to illustrate that many who left the academy had continued to play football at a decent full time or part time level. 

We looked at around 350 players born between 1990 and 2005 who had spent at least a year at the Academy and the highest levels they achieved after leaving Hearts. 

3 (0.9%) had made it to the Big 5 leagues - Liam Henderson, Josh Doig and Aaron Hickey

33 (9.4%) had played at least 20 games at Tier 1 in Scotland, of which 24 (6.9%) did so at Hearts 

60 (17.1%) had played in Tiers 2-4.

38 (10.9%) had played at Tier 5.

71 (20.3%) played at Tiers 6+

In total 241 (68.9%) had continued playing adult football after leaving Hearts.

In recent years almost a third of Academy recruits ended up getting a full time contract at Hearts at 16/17.  That is mainly due to CAS now going up to U18 and the existence of a B Team.  

Who were the 9 who played tier 1 football but not with us?

On 18/02/2024 at 17:25, Footballfirst said:

A month or two back, I helped one of the Academy staff with a little project to map out where players had gone after leaving Hearts.  It was partly to help the Academy set expectations for parents and the kids, both when coming into the club and their chances of success, but also to illustrate that many who left the academy had continued to play football at a decent full time or part time level. 

We looked at around 350 players born between 1990 and 2005 who had spent at least a year at the Academy and the highest levels they achieved after leaving Hearts. 

3 (0.9%) had made it to the Big 5 leagues - Liam Henderson, Josh Doig and Aaron Hickey

33 (9.4%) had played at least 20 games at Tier 1 in Scotland, of which 24 (6.9%) did so at Hearts 

60 (17.1%) had played in Tiers 2-4.

38 (10.9%) had played at Tier 5.

71 (20.3%) played at Tiers 6+

In total 241 (68.9%) had continued playing adult football after leaving Hearts.

In recent years almost a third of Academy recruits ended up getting a full time contract at Hearts at 16/17.  That is mainly due to CAS now going up to U18 and the existence of a B Team.  

Edit: double post.

Edited by Stanley_

Footballfirst
6 hours ago, Stanley_ said:

Who were the 9 who played tier 1 football but not with us?

Danny Galbraith, Greg Stewart, Ali Crawford, Rocky Visconte, Matej Rapnik, Liam Gordon, Jason Cummings, Oli Shaw and Jamie Gullan.

Edited by Footballfirst

Cobbler1986

Marc Leonard is the best player in League One by a country mile.  The best player ever to wear a cobblers shirt.

He is attracting massive interest from major championship teams.

I know you guys are miles away. Obviously the news doesn’t travel up there.

He will be a top championship player next year.  His vision, passing and passion is exceptional.  He wouldn’t be out of place in the premier league after a season in the championship