"14 points clear of 4th"

Forrest

FarmerTweedy
6 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Let's look up rather than down! 

You're clearly looking down as your thread title says we're in 4th!  I'm relatively confident we'll manage to go one better than that! 

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Next three games will tell us a lot.

Agree, if we somehow come through it with 9 points then surely we need to start admitting top 2 is a realistic possibility 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Without that link, we would have had no chance of working that out.

Cheers,  Mike.  👍

• Forrest changed the title to "14 points clear in 4th"
4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

You're clearly looking down as your thread title says we're in 4th!  I'm relatively confident we'll manage to go one better than that! 

D'oh! 

WorldChampions1902
3 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Agree, if we somehow come through it with 9 points then surely we need to start admitting top 2 is a realistic possibility 

Yup. My point exactly!

AC Mallin_51
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What a stat, that couldn’t have even been imagined up a few months ago. I agree with not looking behind us aswell, let’s look forward. 11 points behind Celtic, chances of catching them are obviously still very very slim but let’s pile the pressure on, let’s show them what we’re made of. If we equal that points tally and/or finish within 10 points of the title that’s an incredible achievement and an indication of moving forward. The club speak about “the next level” that’s not gonna happen overnight but if we can end up within a 10 point distance of the Old Firm then there will be serious belief moving forward that we do indeed have it in us 

17 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

What a stat, that couldn’t have even been imagined up a few months ago. I agree with not looking behind us aswell, let’s look forward. 11 points behind Celtic, chances of catching them are obviously still very very slim but let’s pile the pressure on, let’s show them what we’re made of. If we equal that points tally and/or finish within 10 points of the title that’s an incredible achievement and an indication of moving forward. The club speak about “the next level” that’s not gonna happen overnight but if we can end up within a 10 point distance of the Old Firm then there will be serious belief moving forward that we do indeed have it in us 

If we finish within 10 points of the title I’ll also cry at the start of the season and thrown away points!!! 

but yes what an incredible aim we can have. Let’s see what the next 3 games bring us. If it’s 9 points…. 

Berrassobad
30 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Next three games will tell us a lot.

yep - shite seating, vermin and bigots

FarmerTweedy
41 minutes ago, Forrest said:

D'oh! 

Let's go with you meant to say clear of 4th, and predictive text got the better of you! 😃

FarmerTweedy
49 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Cheers,  Mike.  👍

Assuming that stat's correct, it's quite remarkable when you consider that after 10 games in 05/06, we had 26 points, and this season after 10 games we had 11 points! 

Saint Jambo
14 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Assuming that stat's correct, it's quite remarkable when you consider that after 10 games in 05/06, we had 26 points, and this season after 10 games we had 11 points! 

It is correct and an incredible stat. I thought maybe we'd played both OF three times in 05/06 by this stage to slightly skew the stars, but no. Had only played both twice.

The big differences...

- Rangers were in 4th at this point in 05/06, 8 points behind us. Celtic were on 61 with a game in hand so we were basically as far off the top as this season. We finished the season 15 points behind Celtic and even if we match our 05/06 points total, it wouldn't be too surprising if we were that far behind both OF at the end of this year.

- We had scored 51 goals that season, versus 35 this season. Same number of goals conceded. We have been very 'efficient' at turning goals into points this season.

14 points clear in 3rd.

24 Points clear of the Party Planners.

New Hotel

Main spine and infrastructure completed

95% of services in house

We’re ****ing loaded and looking up the table. Not back!

Mind the gap you Hibee *****

:verysmug:

1 hour ago, Le Chat said:

Thread title still incorrect

I know. At first, I thought that Farmer Tweedy was saying that I was looking down the table, so I changed the thread title to include inverted commas. Then I realised what he actually meant, but by then it was too late to change the thread title!

I was "stealing" a post in between family things. Genuinely can't remember if I meant "in 3rd" or "of 4th" 😂

Edited by Forrest

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to "14 points clear of 4th"

3 points against either of Celtic or Rangers in the upcoming games would be a real statement of where we are at. 

Rangers are an odd one, in that they're playing well and not scoring many goals, and Celtic are as ripe for the taking as they will ever be. I really hope we play a nice open game, trying to beat them both rather than trying not to lose. 

We should be level on points with Rangers (should have won at Ibrox, should have beaten Hibs and Ross County). We really aren't that far away from them, especially with the form we are in.

3 huge games coming up. 5 points would be superb!

Our average points on the 2005/2006 LH site can't be right. I'm probably reading it wrong but 51 points after 26 games is not 2.3 something. A few of them look wrong so probably a different average then, sure it will be right.

Anyway, I am surprised by this as thought we would have more but guess it makes sense. Hibs had too many for my liking tho.

10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Cheers,  Mike.  👍

You really are horrible.

Jumping on the back of another dullards (bhb) ‘patter’ to try and troll one of the boards good guys.

Your quite obviously, alcohol induced passive aggressiveness is a stain on this forum.

Shooter McGavin
7 hours ago, tian447 said:

3 points against either of Celtic or Rangers in the upcoming games would be a real statement of where we are at. 

Rangers are an odd one, in that they're playing well and not scoring many goals, and Celtic are as ripe for the taking as they will ever be. I really hope we play a nice open game, trying to beat them both rather than trying not to lose. 

We should be level on points with Rangers (should have won at Ibrox, should have beaten Hibs and Ross County). We really aren't that far away from them, especially with the form we are in.

This is why restricting Celtic and Rangers allocation is really important, especially in moments like this. We need every bit of advantage possible when they come to Tynecastle.

Ibrox away is going to be a really tough one as Rangers also have a lot of momentum right now and smell blood as far as the league is concerned. We’ve no reason to fear them though.

Celtic are a weird club, full of gimps who are a bawhair away from imploding. If we can keep things tight for 25/30 minutes, let frustrations grow amongst their support, and then hopefully we can grow into the game and get a goal or two in the second half. A lot easier said than done though!

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

3 huge games coming up. 9 points would be superb!

FTFY 👍

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, tian447 said:

Celtic could be in for it at Tynecastle,  they won't be looking forward to that.

I'm gonna say Rangers will beat us at Ibrox.

Our win v them will be in the sc sf.

👍

B4 Part B

Just out of interest on a Sunday day dream, what round etc does 2nd enter Europe? Qualifiers, where do they drop to if they get beat etc.?

And how much coin do they bank just for turning up?

*I'm in no way saying we'll get there

Edited by B4 Part B
Caveat

Mikey1874
31 minutes ago, B4 Part B said:

Just out of interest on a Sunday day dream, what round etc does 2nd enter Europe? Qualifiers, where do they drop to if they get beat etc.?

And how much coin do they bank just for turning up?

*I'm in no way saying we'll get there

Champions League 3rd qualifying round (so 2 rounds to get to group)

Losers go in Europa League Play Off round to qualify for groups.

Lose that go into Conference League groups.

B4 Part B
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thank you 👍

7 hours ago, Trigger said:

You really are horrible.

Jumping on the back of another dullards (bhb) ‘patter’ to try and troll one of the boards good guys.

Your quite obviously, alcohol induced passive aggressiveness is a stain on this forum.

Oh, Trigg.  :rofl:

You haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about.

Alcohol induced passive aggressiveness.  :rolleyes:

Stain on the forum.  :lol: 

Any more wee precious accusations?

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

But IIRC the third finish lands you at a harder opponent than the cl parachute?

Edited by Watt-Zeefuik