150 years of memories

Ked

I've lived just over a third of our club.

My important ones

Macdonald/Jardine.

Robbo

Mackay.   Plus all the seasoned pros

Bowman

That era cannot be overstated in how important it was too the club.

In the same league as FoH.

Jefferies

Willie Gibson 

John Colquhoun, 

Drew Busby whose 2 goals against Celtic saw my first appearance on t.v as a wee boy going nuts.

150 years of donuts like me .

Ive got loads .

First time I went abroad was too watch Hearts.

150 years.

Getting lifted over the turnstiles.

The smell of the distillery.

The toilets under the school end terracing

Some memories never fade

superjack
18 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Hugging my dad when the final whistle blew in 1998.

For me it wad the stunned silence at the final whistle that lasted just s few seconds, followed by the tears amd the euphoria. Even now, when I see highlights of the game, even just a clip of Camerons penalty or Adams goal, even the clip of Robbie holding the cup, I still get a bit emotional.

I said this on the Pressley thread, but if the club were to contact all previous captains and managers, and could record maybe like a 5/10 minute piece each talking about their experience at the club, I think that would make for a tremendous media piece. 

There are so many -

First time sitting in the stand with my dad - 1974 Centenary match against "Spurs"

Still have the tickets 😁IMG-20221222-WA0005.thumb.jpg.215e2ae81671b79965afd608f6ad571a.jpg

colinmorewasgash
23 minutes ago, Disser Pointon said:

Hugging my dad when the final whistle blew in 1998.

Yeah from heartbreak with my old man at dens to the tears of joy for both of us of 98 and the way we as club rallied to save our club, folk go on about loyal clubs, yet a certain other club who go on about being loyal showed their true colours and walked away. No club is like us, and one of the most romantic names in football Heart of Midlothian. Maybe its old age now 55 probably is but it pisses me off any time we are mentioned with the cabbage or in cup draws on sky in particular its always hibernian  for them never hibs for wee team and lots folk down south don't know what our full name is.

John Findlay

So many bad and good memories from my first visit to Tynecastle the 8th of December 1965. Hearts 4 Clyde 1.

"Four historic words for all Hearts supporters 'deal done, thank you'. More info to follow."

I've seen us win 2 cups in my lifetime (I was only 2 in 98 so I don't count it) but that moment when the Foundation tweeted that short statement will always be a really special one for me.

alicante jambo

Seen us win 3 cups.

Seen us win the championship.

Seen the likes of robbo,skacel and now shankland.

Seen us destroy hibs numerous times.

Seen great players and goalkeepers.

Happily watching us being very well run and looks like our future is in good hands.

May 19th 2012 will live with me forever as the greatest day being a jambo.

SectionDJambo

First game at Tynecastle under the lights in 1962. I was a young boy, taken along by dad, mesmerized by the lights shining on the perfect pitch below from our seats in the main stand. The crowd cheering 6 goals and the chanting in the streets outside after the game. I thought it was always like that. It didn't take long for that expectation to change.

We weren't great for many years after then, but you still went along, home and away when old enough, with the hope that our time was coming. Great friendships and familiar faces in the crowd along the way. We still had our heroes, despite the failures, Cruickshank, Ford, Busby, Prentice, Anderson, Jensen, Moller, the team of 85/86, to name a few. After years of disappointments, some crushing, we got our weekend in the sun in 1998.

2 more Scottish cups later, and survival of a financial crisis and the covid period spite, we're still here making a nuisance of ourselves and showing signs of a permanent recovery to a major force in Scotland.

It's been a roller coaster ride that I'm glad I didn't miss. I see young fans turning up in numbers these days and I'm satisfied that our club will survive for another 50, 100 or 150 years. Still plenty to look forward to.

1998, seeing fellow Jambos either side of me at Parkhead equally dazed & amazed, tearful & tantalised and definitely delighted 🤩.

♥️♥️G♥️

Jambosammy
6 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

1998, seeing fellow Jambos either side of me at Parkhead equally dazed & amazed, tearful & tantalised and definitely delighted 🤩.

♥️♥️G♥️

Definitely this 

22games nro

1. Sneaking on my hearts top under my uniform in the 1st Gulf war on the morning the ground offensive started , ( was surprisingly emotional when doing it !! )

2. memories of around 4-5000 hearts fans in Paris playing PSG 

3. Anfield more recently 

John Findlay

A bit of flesh on the bones.

Being taken to Hampden in 1968 for my first Scottish Cup final, we didn't win, little did I know what was to come

My first Edinburgh Derby 1967.

Hearts 1 Hibs 4.

My second Edinburgh Derby at Easter Road New Year's Day 1968. Hibs 1 Hearts 0.

I was there again on the 01/01/73. Glutton for punishment me.

Eight months later I was back again.

Heart 4 Hibs 1. The smile never left my face all that weekend.

Down in the dumps again in 1976 as my second Scottish Cup final ended in defeat.

Rangers 3 Hearts 1. 

Just a few months later after that, one of my all time favourite performances in my lifetime, Hearts 5 Lokomotiv Leipzeig 1.

Little did I know in little over 7 months later I would be crying again as Hearts got relegated for the first time in their history, I was just 14 and couldn't believe it.

Thus began the YoYo years for me personally the worst FOOTBALLING years of my Hearts supporting history.

A standout being a midweek game against Queens Park, where the football was truly dire, the crowd was truly sparse, but we won 1-0 courtesy of a Willie Pettigrew goal against a team of amateurs.

Some think it was a bad start to this season. Trust me you don't know you are having good.

But from 1979-1990 my attending games were few and far between due to work commitments and being out the country alot, but keeping upto date via the BBC world service, weekly delivery of the Sunday Mail and Sunday Post, courtesy of my late Father, with the odd VHS video throwing in as well. Still managed the cup final of 86, a thousand miles round journey from Portsmouth for another defeat, but singing my heart out with thousands of others because of the season the players had given us, and everyone up and down the UK knew who the Heart of Midlothian were.

Beating the German giants Bayern Munich 1-0, although not there listened again on the BBC world service whilst out in the Persian Gulf. Same two weeks later for the return leg, that once again ended in agonising cruel failure. Week after the VHS video arriving and I watched both legs with immense pride....... More to follow.

1998 cup final the best memory for me. Couldn’t stop thinking about my grandad (phm) who had died a couple of years before. Very emotional day. 

Benny Klack

3/0 at Tannadice 

85/86 season 

Robbo

Colquhoun
Bayern at Tynecastle 

Fozzy on the Fence

22 in a row

Mercer Derby at ER

3/0 at Ibrox - Magic Johnstone 

98 Cup Final

5-1 at Tynecastle 

4-4 victory 

4-0 at Hampden 

2006 cup final 

Beattie semi

5/1

White Hart Lane

4/0 Celtic

Taking my laddie to Tynecastle 

Unveiling plaque in memorial garden for my dad 🥲

Seeing my name on FoH strip

40 odd years a Jambo 

What a team

How can I type through the tears of joy?  My first match aged nearly 7 was Hearts 5 St minging 1 :)   9 November 1963.  Then nearly 25 years of agony until that glorious day 16 May 1998.  The best day of my life!  Better than seeing the birth of my sons because they were with me that great day with so many family and friends.  The next season after hill walking up north and a mad dash back to see us lose to Dundreich i decided that maybe there was more to life so I bought a motorbike, then an off road one.  Loved these days out but always tuned in for the games.  Now - I am in rural France and tune in every week to Hearts tv, my wee grandson is a Jambo - no choice really and my 21 month old grandaughter was saying Hearts before Mum or Dad - teach your children well - they are the future!  It's only a game?  aye right!!

Maple Leaf

I know that I've posted this before, but I never miss the chance:

I was at the game when King Willie Bauld made his debut for Hearts.  It was October 1948 and Hearts beat East Fife 6-1.  Willie scored a hat-trick and the Terrible Trio was born.  That was almost the exact halfway mark in Hearts illustrious 150-year history.

dannymack

1 Scottish First Division

2 Tennants Sixes

3 Scottish Cups 

2 Scottish Championships 

It should have been more, much more 😒

15 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I know that I've posted this before, but I never miss the chance:

I was at the game when King Willie Bauld made his debut for Hearts.  It was October 1948 and Hearts beat East Fife 6-1.  Willie scored a hat-trick and the Terrible Trio was born.  That was almost the exact halfway mark in Hearts illustrious 150-year history.

Superb. :walk_man:

My legs giving way and crying like a baby when the final whistle went at parkhead 98 cup final and doing the conga in and out of HayMarket pub singing lets all laugh at hibees nah nah nah.

As those muppets got relegated that year as well. Best Saturday of my life 😍