Scotsman/Evening News premium articles. . . .

Section Q

Section Q

Are they just the same drivel as all the other sh1t reporting, or are they worth subscribing to.....

Anyone know........?

No, SQ.

I've accessed their "premium articles" through other links, easily, without having to subscribe to anything.

Don't do it, bud.

been here before
13 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Are they just the same drivel as all the other sh1t reporting, or are they worth subscribing to.....

Anyone know........?

Use this....

https://12ft.io/

...works for other subscription stuff too.

Section Q
1 hour ago, martoon said:

No, SQ.

I've accessed their "premium articles" through other links, easily, without having to subscribe to anything.

Don't do it, bud.

Cheers....... I usually go through newsnow portal for all things sport and Hearts.

Fxxx the SPFL
6 hours ago, Section Q said:

Anyone know........?

Hibs rag most of their Hearts info is probably gleaned from here or just made up.

Shooter McGavin

Nope, all brutal.

Most newspaper websites are horifically unusable, glitchy and just about every bit of screen space is occupied by ads. Add in to the fact that most journalists are pompous welts who write full articles for things that could be sumarrised in a single tweet.

If you follow the right people on Twitter (i.e. credible, verified etc), you'll get all your news for free.

Hearts Standard is the way to go if you want more in depth, Hearts specific content. Probably a fraction of the price of other subscriptions too.

Strattiesroll

Hearts Standard has set the standard. EEN is miles behind and three times as expensive to sign up to.

Lone Striker
5 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Nope, all brutal.

Most newspaper websites are horifically unusable, glitchy and just about every bit of screen space is occupied by ads. Add in to the fact that most journalists are pompous welts who write full articles for things that could be sumarrised in a single tweet.

If you follow the right people on Twitter (i.e. credible, verified etc), you'll get all your news for free.

Hearts Standard is the way to go if you want more in depth, Hearts specific content. Probably a fraction of the price of other subscriptions too.

Yeah, agreed about online version of EEN. Edinburgh Live is equally unreadable because of the adverts, plus many of the stories are way out of date.  

Credit to Joel Sked for launching the Hearts Standard.   

14 hours ago, been here before said:

Use this....

https://12ft.io/

...works for other subscription stuff too.

And if that doesn't work, the similarly named 1ft.io should also work!

Shooter McGavin
3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yeah, agreed about online version of EEN. Edinburgh Live is equally unreadable because of the adverts, plus many of the stories are way out of date.  

Credit to Joel Sked for launching the Hearts Standard.   

Aye Hearts Standard has been a breath of fresh air.

I just got totally fed up of seeing articles like “Naismith gives injury update”, that would be about 800 words of total waffle, followed by one tiny quote that would be along the lines of “Halkett has been for a scan, and we’re waiting on the updates” and that would be it. I guess journalists get paid by the word or something.

Oh and with all the popups, ads, cookie consent forms etc, they’d almost always crash the browser on my phone.

Disco Dave
19 hours ago, Section Q said:

Anyone know........?

If you are using an iphone, refresh the page and quickly hit the reader view. That removes the paywall and then you can see it for yourself.

Watt-Zeefuik

I've paid for the Scotsman/EEN combo for a while as it was the best way to get consistent Hearts news.

Now that Hearts Standard has come along I'm cancelling the Scotsman/EEN at next subscription period.

Mr Sifter

Feel a wee bit sorry for Hearts Standard when they go live on Facebook. Often single figures watching. Always seems to be at a time when I am busy too, so I can’t sit and watch them. Wish they’d give a heads up as to when they’re goin to do it. Even a “tonight at 18:00 we are live” type post or something. Would help get their viewership up of folks knew where they were actually on. 

other than that tho, it’s a really really good site 👍🏼👍🏼

Mr Sifter
12 hours ago, Strattiesroll said:

I notice Hearts Standard has an app!

I thought this was the kind of thing we’d see from the club when we announced our partnership with DELL (alongside stadium wifi etc). Alas, nowt. 

Agree with other comments re Hearts Standard.  Much better quality insights and analysis imo and just downloaded the app which looks great.       Yes,  it’s paid for content which I’ve tended to avoid (mainly because of bog standard / lazy content) but you can see the improved content a dedicated channel like this can deliver.   Def a step up compared to other channels for me.  

ToadKiller Dog

I'm in courier country ,wouldn't give that rag a penny , jim Spence has become a crazed right wing opinion writer on politics and everything else for the courier. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog