Lockerbie. 5-part drama on Sky, starring Colin Firth as Dr. Jim Swire

Lone Striker

17 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Thanks Chief, for a moment there I was worried Ulysses was suggesting I'd made it up just because I knew something he didn't. 😊👍

He said there were no looters, and there weren't.  Just rumours.

I didn't say you made it up.  I said it wasn't true.  And according to the evidence it wasn't.

Sooperstar
5 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

So rumours, but no looting?

I've nae idea. I was 5 years old.

I can confirm that I was certainly not looting. 

Just now, Sooperstar said:

I've nae idea. I was 5 years old.

Nor has The Posh Bit, as he wasn't there.  I've no doubt he believes whoever told him there were looters coming in cars from all over the west of Scotland, but the facts say that whoever told him so was mistaken.

the posh bit
36 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Nor has The Posh Bit, as he wasn't there.  I've no doubt he believes whoever told him there were looters coming in cars from all over the west of Scotland, but the facts say that whoever told him so was mistaken.

The facts don't say that at all. There were reports of looting and people were charged. Most were probably dealt with and chased (see my first post) by the police at the time as there were hundreds of bodies lying about do deal with. 

Stop being a pig-headed, stubborn man. 

Edited by the posh bit

Jim_Duncan

Could have got a full confession from Al-Magrahi within seconds of forcing him to read TPB v U in this thread. 

Mikey1874
3 hours ago, Tazio said:

Let’s just say it’s no coincidence that Lockerbie was less than 6 months after an Iranian passenger jet was shot down “accidentally” by the US navy in the gulf. 

Yeah 

The story was the US knew who it was but it suited them to hide it

3 hours ago, the posh bit said:

The facts don't say that at all. There were reports of looting and people were charged. Most were probably dealt with and chased (see my first post) by the police at the time as there were hundreds of bodies lying about do deal with. 

Stop being a pig-headed, stubborn man. 

Why do you have to be abusive?  I haven't said you made it up.  Someone told you it happened, even though it didn't. You believed them, presumably because they were there, or maybe because they told you they were there and you believed them about that as well.

Someone else on this thread has posted the only news links about looting, and all of them confirm that no-one was found guilty of looting, and that police sources said there was no looting. A news report saying there were rumours of looting is just that - rumours of looting.  You said it was reported and people were charged (one person was charged and found not guilty).

You and I both know that if anyone looted from Lockerbie their names would have been shamed all over the national media, and you'd still be able to trace them today.  But nobody was.

Also, I wasn't being personally critical. What you said came as a big surprise to me, and as you can see it came as a surprise to a lot of others on the thread.  I said there should be evidence to back it up.  There wasn't, and someone posted evidence of the opposite being the case.

So even if it is wrong, it's not a criticism of you. If a pal of mine told me something like that had happened and I had good reason to believe them I'd probably believe them as well. It's no reason to be embarrassed, and no reason to have a go at me or any of the others who have simply pointed out the actual position.

Edited by Ulysses