Match ratings - Airdrie v Hearts

tcjambo

Watt-Zeefuik

Regarding Tagawa, I sometimes think folk forget that we actually need bench players. Yes I'd like to see him score more but if we punted him we'd be extremely shallow at striker.

If Shanks gets a stomach flu or something we're going to need strikers to lead the line and while I'm a big fan of Vargas having Tagawa there too is no bad thing.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• HopeDiouf

• Watt-Zeefuik

• spacerjoe

Top Posters In This Topic

Watt-Zeefuik
9 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

Wouldn't mind seeing how it looks with Nat coming in and Lembo further up the park.

Particularly if we're up against a team with a big fullback that might be too much of a bully for Vargas, Tagawa, or Oda. Put Dexter in there on the side of a 4231 or something and wear him down.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, HopeDiouf said:

Came on up top v St Johnstone.  Started up top v Killie subbed off after 70.  Came on v Partick for 30 minutes and scored.  Came on v Dundee up top.  Came on up top at half time v Motherwell.  Started up top alongside Shanks v Rangers.

So it's not true he's only had one chance in his natural position.

Once he’s started there, and it was against Rangers. That’s the one I’m referring to. And you think that was a fair crack at the whip?

Pete Elliott
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Young full back from big EPL club on loan, great going forward but not the best going defensively. Big future in the game though and will be worth millions to someone. 
A bit like Demitri Mitchell. 

:what:

3 hours ago, Pete Elliott said:

:what:

My point was that was the future everyone predicted for Mitchell based on his, admittedly good, appearances for us. He’s at Exeter City now so don’t be so quick to think Dexter will easily keep Natty out the side. 

HopeDiouf
16 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Once he’s started there, and it was against Rangers. That’s the one I’m referring to. And you think that was a fair crack at the whip?

are we pretending Killie game didn't happen?

JimmyCant
21 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He got a chance on the right wing in a game where the result was pretty much already determined. And he did okay. Nothing special, but he wasn’t poor either, which some suggest he was. He done nothing to suggest Shankland should be dropped, no. But that’s kinda difficult to do from RW and with Shankland playing the way he is.

On the very odd occasion we’ve played a 10 and a striker close together, almost like 2 up front it’s been Vargas or Forrest ahead of Tagawa. On almost every occasion he’s had game time in any position he has offered nothing. 

I still don’t think it’s fair to judge him but he’s had a good look now at what’s required in this team and this league. It requires him to man up and step up and force the issue, like Nieuwenhof has done.

Tagawa COULD  play in a team containing Shankland. He wasn’t signed to replace Shankland or deputise for him. He was signed to replace Ginelly and complement Shankland. But he’ll have to become a better choice than Vargas and/or Forrest to do that regularly and currently he’s miles behind them, because both have raised their game.  Now he can keep plugging away and fighting or he can walk away. I suspect he’ll walk away.

BackOfTheNet
5 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

On the very odd occasion we’ve played a 10 and a striker close together, almost like 2 up front it’s been Vargas or Forrest ahead of Tagawa. On almost every occasion he’s had game time in any position he has offered nothing. 

I still don’t think it’s fair to judge him but he’s had a good look now at what’s required in this team and this league. It requires him to man up and step up and force the issue, like Nieuwenhof has done.

Tagawa COULD  play in a team containing Shankland. He wasn’t signed to replace Shankland or deputise for him. He was signed to replace Ginelly and complement Shankland. But he’ll have to become a better choice than Vargas and/or Forrest to do that regularly and currently he’s miles behind them, because both have raised their game.  Now he can keep plugging away and fighting or he can walk away. I suspect he’ll walk away.

Yes, but remember, not playing as well as others doesn’t automatically equate to being shite. There’s layers to these things. He hasn’t been great, but he also hasn’t been poor as others suggest. He’s done alright, and has only had the equivalent of just under 6 games under his belt. Don’t think he’s ever played 90 minutes and has rarely played minutes in back to back games. It’s hard to judge someone on such game time. I don’t know how good or bad he can be based on that, so not sure why others are so quick to be so conclusive.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yes, but remember, not playing as well as others doesn’t automatically equate to being shite. There’s layers to these things. He hasn’t been great, but he also hasn’t been poor as others suggest. He’s done alright, and has only had the equivalent of just under 6 games under his belt. Don’t think he’s ever played 90 minutes and has rarely played minutes in back to back games. It’s hard to judge someone on such game time. I don’t know how good or bad he can be based on that, so not sure why others are so quick to be so conclusive.

I'm not either but it's hardly behavior that's unique to this topic on Kickback.

Making snap judgements on little to no information is The Way for a certain set on here.

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I'm not either but it's hardly behavior that's unique to this topic on Kickback.

Making snap judgements on little to no information is The Way for a certain set on here.

Very true

wattie exploited
On 11/02/2024 at 20:39, OTT said:

Yeah, can see his confidence is rock bottom though. 

Probably needs a bit of a run in the team, but he needs to actually show something to earn that run. 

Personally, I'm not overly impressed with the Japanese market, Oda has been okay, but plenty more consistent players in the league, Tagawa worse than useless so far. 

Appreciate its a whole new culture and a massive adjustment, but he's capable of better. 

the last game he played at one point Shankland was shouting at him :walk_man: