Fantasy Hobbo Attendances

briever

hughesie27
23 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Does anyone happen to know how their total income from ticket sales compares with ours?

Don't think they have as many tiers as us so the majority of their Adult tickets are £400ish. Slightly higher than us I believe?

Cameronstheman
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

apologies 👍

Naw nae worries bud misunderstanding FTH 

Chuck Berry

Attendances should be that, the amount of fans who attended the match. It's just a meaningless number at the moment.

If it's on tickets sold, then call it that.

53 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I don’t think that’s broken down in the accounts but a comparison of turnover will give you an idea. 

To me, they’re doing everything a company in trouble does.

Outsourcing hospitality, club shop, catering etc. for guaranteed returns (but whoever provides these services is obviously making money too which could have gone to hibs) and debt for equity swaps. 

Add in their team is going to be rammed with short term loanees from now on in and it’s not looking good. 

While we on the other hand insourced everything again after Budge took over.  Big teams insource, wee teams outsource.

gorgie rd eh11
1 hour ago, B.S. said:

hibs started giving away thousands of free tickets in retaliation to being called the wee team. An attempt to inflate their crowd numbers to be higher than Hearts. Ironically,  this childish attempt at one upmanship only enhances their wee team reputation.

Doctor FinnBarr
2 hours ago, Homme said:

Well Livi do. Which kinda shows the company that Hibs keep when it comes to these things.

Also, free tickets to impressionable kids only works if you are good. They are comically shite.

Do they still do it?

IIRC in the early days WLC provided x amount of free tickets to schools paid for by us council tax payers (no one asked me if it was ok to squander my cash). Livi went along with it until they realised the stadium had turned into a kids playground because the parents papped them in whilst they shopped. They then changed it to free kids tickets if accompanied by an adult (ticket buying) and thats when crowds dropped to about the level they are today. 

If they still do it as you say there can't be many taking them up on it. 

7 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Do they still do it?

IIRC in the early days WLC provided x amount of free tickets to schools paid for by us council tax payers (no one asked me if it was ok to squander my cash). Livi went along with it until they realised the stadium had turned into a kids playground because the parents papped them in whilst they shopped. They then changed it to free kids tickets if accompanied by an adult (ticket buying) and thats when crowds dropped to about the level they are today. 

My apologies, you are correct in saying you have to buy an adult ticket to get the free kids one. I'd totally forgotten that fact.

My lad plays up at Murieston and we are offered that deal every home match through his club. Actually imo more people take it up than you would think but not something I've ever done with him. It's Hearts or nothing here in Scotland for us.

Hibs probably do sell the seats their attendance suggests. They do however hoor their entire away end out though. The fans buy their season tickets and do turn up at the start but we are now well into February.  They have now had 7 months of unloobed arse poundings and they no longer turn up.

No one is going to inflate figures as these figures are what the tax man cares about. They just don't turn up.

Would be good however if there were 2 figures. A paid customer one and an actual attendance.

12 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Would be good however if there were 2 figures. A paid customer one and an actual attendance.

Easy done in this day and age. The ticket has to be scanned, cheating Tims aside, it’s easy to announce actual attendance.

Ex member of the SaS

Does falsifying numbers not impact on their tax, so counting freebies seems to be quite a large percentage of their attendance figures. They obviously can't claim to SELL the number of tickets they claim are being used.

JimmyCant
13 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Correct more than half of our group of 9 Season Ticket holders , me included, didn't go because if the weather and lack of trains.

I reckon about 3000-4000 others did the same. Lucky if there was 13,000 at that game 

Chuck Berry
11 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Do they still do it?

Livingston have had a couple of community promotions in the last year with free tickets available to community groups and to be fair, they've managed attendances of upto 4,000 as a result.

Chuck Berry
16 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I reckon about 3000-4000 others did the same. Lucky if there was 13,000 at that game 

No chance, closer to 16,000 at the game.  A fair few stayed away due to the weather, but not that many.

gordon simpson
12 hours ago, Oda be a JT said:

IMG_1407.jpeg

hibs are the littlest hobos ,always had a pish support   

13 hours ago, Oda be a JT said:

IMG_1407.jpeg

Thank you!  :thumb:

The OP spelling Hobo as Hobbo is the equivalent of calling Robbo Robo.

Just wrong.

10 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Does falsifying numbers not impact on their tax, so counting freebies seems to be quite a large percentage of their attendance figures. They obviously can't claim to SELL the number of tickets they claim are being used.

They don't have to worry about paying tax, as they make losses.

kingantti1874
20 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Revenue affects tax not number of tickets . They aren’t falsifying revenue.