Two Footed Players

Perth to Paisley

Hagar the Horrible

This won't be popular but Derick Riordan was naturally gifted with 2 good feet, but only 2 brain cells with it

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, Carter said:

Eamonn Bannon and Jim Bett are the most notable examples in my time watching Hearts. Both could stand over a corner kick and decide whether they'd take it left footed or right footed.

John Robertson is surely the most notable example? 

He’s said on many occasion he didn’t have a preferred foot. 

PaddysBar
27 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

This won't be popular but Derick Riordan was naturally gifted with 2 good feet, but only 2 brain cells with it

Blew his career. A great natural talent. 

davie1980
3 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

I’m just glad we don’t have any neither footed players any more.

Or a handless goalkeeper.

davie1980
10 hours ago, amadjambo said:

Eammon Bannon was incredibly gifted with both feet.

Did he have a shot like a cannon with either foot.

rambothejambo

Paulo Maldini (one of the best left backs ever) was naturally right footed. He would certainly be on that list.

colinmaroon

Stick "head" in as well as left and right, and John Robertson comes to mind.

Never forget his hatrick v Dumbarton right at the start of his career.

11 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

The best two footed player I have seen in Scottish Football was Lubomir Moravcik. I genuinely couldn't tell which foot was his best one. 

Same for me. He was a brilliant footballer who didn’t need pace to make space for himself as he was so gifted on both feet.  

tiger Rudi
12 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

The best two footed player I have seen in Scottish Football was Lubomir Moravcik. I genuinely couldn't tell which foot was his best one. 

What did he cost? About £300 thou I think. Must still be one of the greatest bargains ever. Fantastic player. 

SM Sheffield

Robert Prosinecki. He used to smoke at half time in the showers too. You do not get players like that any more!

On 09/02/2024 at 10:57, RustyRightPeg said:

Messi disagrees. 

Always exceptions I suppose although I think he can use his right if he has to but I could be wrong 

No Idle Talk
11 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

What did he cost? About £300 thou I think. Must still be one of the greatest bargains ever. Fantastic player. 

Yup. I think it was £300,000. I remember the media basically taking the piss when Celtic signed him. I hadn't heard of him myself. But he'd had a sneaky good career and was a tremendous footballer. It's hard to give plaudits to a Celtic player but that guy was genuinely good to watch.

23 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I'm guessing due to more space coming forward, time to switch feet, whereas at pace in final third its harder, just my wild theory probably wildly wrong!

I was two-footed and not even at the "good amateur" level. However, my experience as a forward is that you try and score / get the cross in with whichever foot is required to make it work. 

On 09/02/2024 at 11:50, Ribble said:

That graph annoys me, surely Hickey and Varane should be the top 2?

Either that, or there should be an axis labelled "best" at 50:50.

What about stephen humphrys, scored that half way line worldy against Dundee Utd with his weaker left. He could do most things with either foot.

Went to watch Wigan yesterday v Exeter. He started on the bench. Dreadful first half. He came on second half and Wigan were a bit better. Attendance was h1b5, atmosphere was Livi. But I got to have a pint at half time 🍺👍🏻