Two Footed Players

Perth to Paisley

Perth to Paisley

Have a look at who amongst some top players is circa 50 / 50 using both feet.

[From a long article in The Athletic which is well worth the £1 per month subscription]

Screenshot_20240209_101031_The Athletic.jpg

RustyRightPeg

Santi Cazorla was the best at this. Would randomly take corners with his left foot when he felt like it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We are lucky to have Dexter right now, 2 footed players are pretty useful

Uncle Buck
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Santi Cazorla was the best at this. Would randomly take corners with his left foot when he felt like it.

Ryan Kent done that for Rangers too.

11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Haven't thought about Santi Cazorla for a while. What a class player, touch was impeccable and some eye for a pass. Unplayable at his best

Hickey was an amazing talent. It wrangles me that we A.) weren't able to maximise his value and B.) lost Doig, an inferior player (but no means bad at all) to Hibs who then ultimately made more money on him than we did Hickey. 

Hickey should have went for megabucks. Instead we got chump change :( 

Amazing stat though, makes me wonder if we could have had Doig on the left and Hickey on the right!!!

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

All professional players should be two footed 

Messi disagrees. 

Not surprised to see Hickey on there, was one of the things that caught CLs attention right off the bat, Gowser talked about it on SATF

John Findlay

Take a look at Lawrence Shankland. See how many he has scored with his left foot, as well as his right foot.

42 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

David Ginola

Bindy Badgy
44 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Andy Brehme took freekicks with his left and penalties with his right. The goals he scored in the 1990 World cup semi and final are examples of this.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Take a look at Lawrence Shankland. See how many he has scored with his left foot, as well as his right foot.

You beat me tae it. 

vegas-voss
28 minutes ago, OTT said:

Hickey was an amazing talent. It wrangles me that we A.) weren't able to maximise his value and B.) lost Doig, an inferior player (but no means bad at all) to Hibs who then ultimately made more money on him than we did Hickey. 

Hickey should have went for megabucks. Instead we got chump change :( 

Amazing stat though, makes me wonder if we could have had Doig on the left and Hickey on the right!!!

Truth is though Hickey developed at a far quicker rate than Doig and we just were not able to get him on a longer deal because of age and Hickey and his family knew he was a special talent.

Hibs got Doig on another deal cause as it was a bit security for both imo where Hickey didn't need that security.Stupid bit on our part as you said was not foreseeing that Hickey may have moved so soon and kept hold of Doig.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Top level professional football players that can't play with both feet should be embarrassed , good amateur players can 

JimmyCant
20 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

How many is it ?

Bazzas right boot

We have a few,  Dexter and Shankland. 

Mckay and Boyce often use their weaker foot as well.

Shankland is both footed, it's great to watch.

RustyRightPeg
17 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

Top level professional football players that can't play with both feet should be embarrassed , good amateur players can 

I'm sure they're all gutted, staring at their bank accounts, hundreds of thousands, if not millions of pounds deep...all because Howdy Doody Jambo says they should be better with their weak foot

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Howdy Doody Jambo said:

They shouldn't be at all.

People who trot this line out should be embarrassed.

Football players are human and can't break science or neurological barriers just because they kick a ball about.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I'm sure they're all gutted, staring at their bank accounts, hundreds of thousands, if not millions of pounds deep...all because Howdy Doody Jambo says they should be better with their weak foot

I was both footed , There is no excuse.

On my day, My left foot could be just as shite as my right foot.

Never even had to think about it, it came naturally.

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

[From a long article in The Athletic which is well worth the £1 per month subscription]

That graph annoys me, surely Hickey and Varane should be the top 2?

1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Eammon Bannon was incredibly gifted with both feet.

Absolutely. 

He ran Velez Mostar ragged in the 1st leg back in 1988/89. He played wide left but, of course, effortlessly cut inside onto his natural right on occasions. Put us 1-0 up with his left.

The Mostar defence couldn't handle Eammon that night.

Byyy The Light
6 minutes ago, Ribble said:

That graph annoys me, surely Hickey and Varane should be the top 2?

Glad it's not just me!

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Interesting that the three most two footed players are defenders. I wouldn't have guessed that!

No Idle Talk

The best two footed player I have seen in Scottish Football was Lubomir Moravcik. I genuinely couldn't tell which foot was his best one. 

Always feel like it's more natural right footers who are two footed rather than the opposite. Rarely see a natural left footer who's just as good with their right. There will be examples but I can't think of any off the top of my head...

Edited by Chimp

Howdy Doody Jambo
17 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They shouldn't be at all.

People who trot this line out should be embarrassed.

Football players are human and can't break science or neurological barriers just because they kick a ball about.

Does Bazza have a left boot? Or is it still in the box 😂

PaddysBar
10 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

The best two footed player I have seen in Scottish Football was Lubomir Moravcik. I genuinely couldn't tell which foot was his best one. 

Robbo for me. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
12 minutes ago, Pingu said:

Interesting that the three most two footed players are defenders. I wouldn't have guessed that!

I'm guessing due to more space coming forward, time to switch feet, whereas at pace in final third its harder, just my wild theory probably wildly wrong!

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, Dsjambo said:

All professional players should be two footed 

Correct. 

Pretty embarrassing when a professional will do everything possible not to hit the ball with their ‘weaker’ foot. 

Look at Antony at Man U - what did he cost £75m? Plays on the right wing but everyone on the planet knows he’ll cut inside as he won’t use his right foot. 

How many did Rudi score with his right? I can only remember the one for his hattrick against st mirren

chester copperpot

I had a wand for a left foot, and was no too bad on my right either.

I made zero cash from playing professional football :D

P.s I was a goalie

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I remember Nakamura at Sellick was one that in general gameplay you would struggle to work out what foot he favoured. Done the same with corners as you say, although took most free kicks right footed so that was obviously his preference but he was so comfortable on both feet,  I hated how good he was.

On another note it took a while to work out what foot Kevin Twaddle preferred but for entirely different reasons. 

Hickey is so good with both feet that when he scored that goal against Hibs, during the full-time TV interview he couldn't remember which foot he used :laugh:

TexasAndy

Hickey was the name that I thought of first on seeing the thread title.  So good with both feet.  The only thing that frustrates me slightly is when he is playing RB for Scotland he has a tendency to cut back on to his left most of the time rather than get to the bye line on his right side when attacking.  

Corstorphine Jambo

I remember Charlie Adam while at Dundee taking a couple of corners against us with his right foot!! Took me somewhat by surprise.

Although I don’t suppose that makes him two-footed!

LarrysRightFoot

How Kevin De Bruyne isn’t on the list - very 2 footed 

copa-mundial

Jim Bett was a brilliant two footed player. I know he was at the end of his career when he signed for us, but what a player. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

How Kevin De Bruyne isn’t on the list - very 2 footed 

Injured?

Fort Vallance

Kenny Miller & Kris Boyd both used two feet against us and they were both off the ground at the same time. 

I’ve always thought that left footed players are more one footed than right footed players, I might just notice it more with lefties as I’m one myself 

6 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I’ve always thought that left footed players are more one footed than right footed players, I might just notice it more with lefties as I’m one myself 

some of that might be with there being less left footed players they are less likely to be put in a position where they need to mostly use their right foot. the opposite happens with right footed players who end up having to slot in on the left

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

That graph is annoying, the players  that are closer to 50/50 should be nearer the top.

John Findlay
7 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

How many is it ?

Four with his left foot, Five with his head, the rest with his right foot, which I make 14 as I believe he is on 23 goals for this season.

Eamonn Bannon and Jim Bett are the most notable examples in my time watching Hearts. Both could stand over a corner kick and decide whether they'd take it left footed or right footed.

Samuel Camazzola

Irwin, Brehme, Huddlestone, Ginola, R9, Laudrup and Riquelme are probably the most prominent I've seen. 

For us, Bannon, Bett and Cesnauskas.