Ibrox Parking.

been here before

been here before

Haven't driven through for a long, long time but thinking of maybe doing so on 24th.

A few places mentioned on Google but has anyone any personal tips for the best places to park with easy access back onto the motorway? 

👍

RustyRightPeg

Village hotel opposite the Hydro. About a 10/15 minute walk to Ibrox from there.

You can pay for parking in the hotel on a wee machine.

7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Village hotel opposite the Hydro. About a 10/15 minute walk to Ibrox from there.

You can pay for parking in the hotel on a wee machine.

Double it, and you're about right.

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Double it, and you're about right.

Well no, I put it into google maps otherwise I wouldn't have said it.

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

You're not walking from the Hydro to Ibrox in 10/15 minutes. Unless...

brisk-walking-1.gif

been here before
19 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

32 mins to walk...

Screenshot_20240208_115125_Maps.thumb.jpg.12409aa1491a27da9f134d4ad91da4b9.jpg

34 minutes ago, been here before said:

Haven't driven through for a long, long time but thinking of maybe doing so on 24th.

A few places mentioned on Google but has anyone any personal tips for the best places to park with easy access back onto the motorway? 

👍

I never take my car to Glasgow and just use the supporters bus and can pay as a guest. There should be seats available for Glasgow. Can put you in touch with a bus if you DM me? Otherwise you can normally park your car where the coaches park at the back of the Govan stand. Used to cost a fiver from memory . 

Ex member of the SaS

Just find a wee lad and give him a tenner to watch your car. Instantaneous combustion is rive through the west I hear.

Download the app My parking space. Just looked and you can get parked at Givan cross Shopping centre for £4 if you exit before 5:30pm. 14 minute walk and you reserve your space before you go

RustyRightPeg
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

32 mins to walk...

That isn't where I said though. I said the Village Hotel which is the other side of the river...closer to Ibrox.

9 minutes ago, been here before said:

32 mins to walk...

It won't be quite as long as 32 minutes. You're already this side of the river for Ibrox if leaving from the Village Hotel, as opposed to the other side if you were leaving from the Hydro.

My dad usually parks on or around Gower Street in Pollokshields. On-street parking but it's a quiet residential area. 20-minute walk.

• 2 weeks later...
Thumperbeni

Last game at ibrox I parked in the Macdonalds just 2 mins from the ground, had no issues and got a quick get away onto the motorway afterwards.

Remember going through to Ibrox in the late 60’s and my Dad paying off the “I’ll watch yer car fur a shilling!” young protection team!

Tommy Brown
On 08/02/2024 at 11:54, Ex member of the SaS said:

Just find a wee lad and give him a tenner to watch your car. Instantaneous combustion is rive through the west I hear.

what is the going rate these days for "Can I watch yir car, mister?"

Probably not as polite these days either

Jack Torrance

On a tangent but reminded me, years ago I was on the buses and I used to regularly do the Edinburgh Loyal Rangers bus (before their team died obviously). Only knew the way they took me to Castle Greyskull.

One weekend had to take Musselburgh Hearts to Ibrox. So took them the only route I knew, through the streets where the home buses parked. Rangers guys were stopping us on the way to ask if we had tickets. Musselburgh guys hiding under the seats. 😆

Got them to the game quicker than they'd ever managed before though. 

51 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

On a tangent but reminded me, years ago I was on the buses and I used to regularly do the Edinburgh Loyal Rangers bus (before their team died obviously). Only knew the way they took me to Castle Greyskull.

One weekend had to take Musselburgh Hearts to Ibrox. So took them the only route I knew, through the streets where the home buses parked. Rangers guys were stopping us on the way to ask if we had tickets. Musselburgh guys hiding under the seats. 😆

Got them to the game quicker than they'd ever managed before though. 

You do know that's where the good guys lived? 

WheatfieldWarrior
1 minute ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Get a motability car and park behind the goals

AC 70 Carriage - National Motor Museum

or get a bus and park it in front of the goals like Motherwell.

Jack Torrance
49 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

You do know that's where the good guys lived? 

😆 I prefer the description that it's a mythical location situated on a pedestal of bones jutting out of a bottomless abyss in a barren plain.

Edited by Jack Torrance

Are these car parks such as Asda, KFC more reliable and safer than just parking in the residential streets?

2 minutes ago, SecN said:

Are these car parks such as Asda, KFC more reliable and safer than just parking in the residential streets?

Be prepared to wait a while to get out after the game if you park at Asda Govan. You're also running the risk of a parking fine. 

That’s true. Most limited to 90mins now and Lidl possibly 60mins. 

What streets are close enough to avoid having to march for half an hour to the ground and also not be in a dodgy area. 

45 minutes ago, SecN said:

That’s true. Most limited to 90mins now and Lidl possibly 60mins. 

What streets are close enough to avoid having to march for half an hour to the ground and also not be in a dodgy area. 

Park at Bellahouston Park and walk across the flyover. 

colinmorewasgash

Reminds me off my younger days going through in car with my old mans mates 1 quid to watch yr car mr. Tell you what I ll give you 50p and give you rest when back come back. Come back well done son ta for that right mr wheres my 50p just wait till i get in car just  Puts hand out for it thanks son now **** off and off we go. Poor wee sod.

Madjambo21

Could park at cardonald business park (volvo,daily record building) and walk up Shieldhall Road 

1 hour ago, Mac80 said:

There’s an away fans car park right out side the away end 

Which is handy, if you don't mind a wait after the game. 

1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Which is handy, if you don't mind a wait after the game. 

A looonnngggg wait. Sure we were 1hr and 20mins for the 2-2 draw at the end of last season.

2 hours ago, D4nny_ said:

A looonnngggg wait. Sure we were 1hr and 20mins for the 2-2 draw at the end of last season.

I have not been to bad in the past, 

probably cause we have been pumped. 

Street parking around Admiral Street usually ok ( off Paisley Rg W) or park at Shields Rd tube ; take your scarf off ; ignore the “banter” and get the tube to Ibroke